Author Topic: WMD just a convenient excuse for war, admits Wolfowitz  (Read 5093 times)

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
Policy
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2003, 01:01:13 AM »
The lies are a big deal and I wish the moral compassionate right would stand up and deal with it.

The other important issue is still the precedent we have set. Striking because of a perceived threat. I think we have opened a Pandoras box with this.............

:(

PS ..... Clinton was never convicted of anything. Bush does have a record:}
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Re: Policy
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2003, 01:14:38 AM »
Originally posted by Silat
PS ..... Clinton was never convicted of anything. Bush does have a record:}

ARKANSAS DEMOCRAT-GAZETTE
"Chief U.S. District Judge Susan Webber Wright on Monday found President Clinton in contempt of court for giving "intentionally false" testimony"...

He was disbarred and fined slightly more than $90,000.  sounds like a conviction to me...  

Now, please back to the thread.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
WMD just a convenient excuse for war, admits Wolfowitz
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2003, 01:37:03 AM »
Best thing to happen is if John McCain ran as an independent, John Kerry as Demo and the greens all go for demo candidate this time.

If John McCain became President I’d be cool with that.. At least we get an honest guy.. He’d kick the sh*t outta some of these corporate MoFo’s.. these military industrial complex so an so’s.. McCain never liked all this corruption going on anyway.

You would think the merging of corporate interests with military might would raise a few more American eyebrows..    

It sure would be nice if 16 Republican senators and 45 Republican congressmen got real pissed off .. ya know... talk about some Impeachable material.. some mighty high crimes and misdemeanors..

If this is true... and it’s looking more and more like it is true.. it would be the biggest lie in American history

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2003, 01:41:19 AM »
"IIRC, we sort of settled on the 6 months to a year time frame as reasonable." - Toad.

Sure - that works for me. Like I said, I don't win unless you lose... if that makes any sense. :) You have to be comfortable with what constitutes that loss - so if it takes 6 months or more, it takes six months or more.

As far as posting it here, I can't remember if that was literally part of the bet or not (maybe I just always envisioned that without putting it into words). I can't recall. So I'm asking you as a personal favour. I'm sure there are others here besides myself that would be interested and may have something to gain by your insight and hearing what you say about the matter. I sure as heck would appreciate it.

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
looks like Colin doesn't want to be the fall guy..
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2003, 01:56:16 AM »
Jack Straw and his US counterpart, Colin Powell, privately expressed serious doubts about the quality of
intelligence on Iraq's banned weapons programme at the very time they were publicly trumpeting it to get UN
support for a war on Iraq, the Guardian has learned.

Their deep concerns about the intelligence - and about claims being made by their political bosses, Tony Blair
and George Bush - emerged at a private meeting between the two men shortly before a crucial UN security council
session on February 5.

Oh-oh.. Colin had "deep concerns" and "serious doubts"

Mr Powell told the foreign secretary he hoped the facts, when they came out, would not "explode in their
faces".

The lady sheriff from "Fargo"..." Ah Geese"

The Waldorf transcripts are all the more damaging given Mr Powell's dramatic 75-minute speech to the UN
security council on February 5, when he presented declassified satellite images, and communications intercepts
of what were purported to be conversations between Iraqi commanders, and held up a vial that, he said, could
contain anthrax.

Evidence, he said, had come from "people who have risked their lives to let the world know what Saddam is
really up to".

.More

Yeah.. that Mark Gregeros fella gonna get Scott Peterson off you'll see... That's all they been showing on Fox lately

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2003, 02:24:15 AM »
Originally posted by 10Bears
If John McCain became President I’d be cool with that.. At least we get an honest guy.. He’d kick the sh*t outta some of these corporate MoFo’s.. these military industrial complex so an so’s.. McCain never liked all this corruption going on anyway.

You would think the merging of corporate interests with military might would raise a few more American eyebrows..    

It sure would be nice if 16 Republican senators and 45 Republican congressmen got real pissed off .. ya know... talk about some Impeachable material.. some mighty high crimes and misdemeanors..

If this is true... and it’s looking more and more like it is true.. it would be the biggest lie in American history

All good reasons...thats why he won't be president....

This morning I announced that Australia had joined a coalition, led by the United States, which intends to disarm Iraq of its prohibited weapons of mass destruction.
 PM John Howard, when he committed us to the war.PM Parlimentary Speech

For me...the war was started for that reason, its ridiculous to claim otherwise...more so, to ignore it if none are found.

Tronsky
« Last Edit: May 31, 2003, 02:33:31 AM by -tronski- »
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2003, 03:02:43 AM »
And now they are letting the UN weapon inspectors back in again?!?!? :rolleyes:
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2003, 03:05:28 AM »
Originally posted by Maniac
And now they are letting the UN weapon inspectors back in again?!?!? :rolleyes:

Well, it's obvious that U.S. intelligence sources don't have a clue where the WMD is (if it truly does exist).
sand

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2003, 03:26:02 AM »
"If John McCain became President I’d be cool with that.. At least we get an honest guy.. He’d kick the sh*t outta some of these corporate MoFo’s.. these military industrial complex so an so’s.. McCain never liked all this corruption going on anyway."

And he would save the whales too... Jeesus 10Bears what are you, 12 years old or something?  I like McCain, though he will never be President, but please get a grip on yourself - hes no populist superman hero some portray him as.

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2003, 04:24:58 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
And he would save the whales too... Jeesus 10Bears what are you, 12 years old or something?  I like McCain, though he will never be President, but please get a grip on yourself - hes no populist superman hero some portray him as.

Is too!

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2003, 04:38:41 AM »
lol :)

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2003, 04:40:37 AM »
A long time ago i posted the following in a thread:

>Re: Do you like Bush?
>Bush? He's a little puppet. I dont like him but i feel no hate. I >rather have mercy with him ... at least.
>The persons that are much more important and i really dislike >are Cheney, Rice and Wolfowitz.

First i thought Wolfowitz made the one of the biggest faults addmitting that WMD's where not the issue for this war. But he still is a very insidious and contemptible person and i guess he had a distinct goal with this interview. Maybe he did it to get Rumsfeld out of his way.

The main thing is that ur fascist witch hunting on some of the members of our community and some of the anti war crowd in ur country now becomes a whole new thing. U guys are puppets in the hand of liars like Bush and u guys where acting as the ugly henchmen of ur dishonest government. When i now recall all the agitation, baiting and intoleration i really get angry about this.

Toleration other opinions is a high good of our western communities!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2003, 05:05:13 AM by Duedel »

Offline blitz

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2003, 04:56:43 AM »
As said many times before: GWB and his Bunch of Liars betrayed the UN, the Nato, American people and the world.

They are the most big political terrorist organization of this world.

Regards Blitz

America was threatened by Iraq in no way, it was just plain ridiculous :D

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2003, 05:03:37 AM »
My views are those posted by OIO in his first post in this thread.

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2003, 05:08:46 AM »
Originally posted by beet1e
My views are those posted by OIO in his first post in this thread.

These views where proven wrong by Mr. Wolfowitz. BTW u cant win a war on terrorism. U must know it beet1e.