Author Topic: Worth it all  (Read 711 times)

Offline 1K0N

• Nickel Member
Worth it all
« on: March 18, 2004, 07:41:26 AM »
I experienced a fantastic 1 vs 1 that lasted 15 + minutes with an excellant opponent, I was in a Spit 5 and my opponent was in a Stang. I could not line up a shot without the stang pulling away out of range. As he perfectly used his E to out climb and mnvr my low no E spit. After many passes and at least a 15+ minutes, I had went bingo ammo and was 1/8th on fuel and made a dash for home, the stang gentlemen never let up and my hands were dripping with sweat on the controller... What an adrenaline rush...I did eventually land my kill, the stangs wingman but our 1 vs 1 was ended by being close to friendly base and low altitude brought the cap after the stang...
 I had made prolly ever mistake possible I could have but ended up surviving somehow.. I burned E, wasted ammo, was out turned several times.  Was essentially schooled by this fine pilot.
So I wanted to again Knothead and thanks for the education the other night!
sinc.
IKON

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
Worth it all
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 10:32:02 AM »
Lucky bastig,

Don't get too many of those in the MA.

I had made prolly ever mistake possible I could have but ended up surviving somehow.. I burned E, wasted ammo, was out turned several times. Was essentially schooled by this fine pilot.

Best part of the Spit V, you can make mistakes and still live.:D

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Worth it all
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 10:44:31 AM »
Nice write up.  Sounds like a heck of a fight!
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline VFJACKAL

• Copper Member
Very Cool
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2004, 06:26:23 PM »
Aren't those Fun? I have had a couple...Same way..Hands all sweaty..no fuel..gas gone...and the best one was..Neither was killed...Just mutally the same way...GREAT FIGHTS and 's all the way. They are nice :)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Worth it all
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2004, 06:29:21 PM »
They're rare, but a treat when you get them.

Thanks for the writeup.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: Worth it all
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2004, 06:33:24 PM »
God I love those kinda fights. usually end with your hands sweatly and your forarms cramped fropm gripping the stick so tight.
Too bad they are so far and few between. usually someone from either side has to ruin it by getting involved and ganging or cherry picking you, or your opponent

Originally posted by 1K0N
I experienced a fantastic 1 vs 1 that lasted 15 + minutes with an excellant opponent, I was in a Spit 5 and my opponent was in a Stang. I could not line up a shot without the stang pulling away out of range. As he perfectly used his E to out climb and mnvr my low no E spit. After many passes and at least a 15+ minutes, I had went bingo ammo and was 1/8th on fuel and made a dash for home, the stang gentlemen never let up and my hands were dripping with sweat on the controller... What an adrenaline rush...I did eventually land my kill, the stangs wingman but our 1 vs 1 was ended by being close to friendly base and low altitude brought the cap after the stang...
 I had made prolly ever mistake possible I could have but ended up surviving somehow.. I burned E, wasted ammo, was out turned several times.  Was essentially schooled by this fine pilot.
So I wanted to again Knothead and thanks for the education the other night!
sinc.
IKON
« Last Edit: March 18, 2004, 09:02:47 PM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Worth it all
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2004, 09:31:53 PM »
That is why I play this game, its like the lottery, or crack, or both. You know the possibility is out there that you might get one of those fights, and thats what keeps you coming back, and when it happens its worth all the nights of putting up with fuel porking plant the flag win the reset auger tards.

Offline Ozark

• Silver Member
Re: Worth it all
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2004, 09:56:09 PM »
I experienced a fantastic 1 vs 1 that lasted 15 + minutes with an excellant opponent

Sounds like a fun fight. :)

Nothing like a random 1 vs 1 fight. Your heart beats faster and your hand starts to shake. Your head moves closer and closer the monitor and you can't hear how loud that your lungs are sucking air. After the encounter, you can’t type fast enough to your opponent.

Thanks for posting the story. :cool:

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Worth it all
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2004, 10:17:39 PM »
Got into it with ya tonight IKON in my F6F. You were in Spit5. Great fight. Woulda made it home with 6 scalps but this pesky 109 wouldnt stop BnZ'n me and  me having to break to force an over shoot put little distance between me and incoming nme's.

Needless to say I had 3 spits inin on me and before I knew it I was in the tower.

to all the Nits who took a peice of me lil F6;)
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline 1K0N

• Nickel Member
Worth it all
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2004, 06:58:26 AM »
Morph
 I grabbed to intercept you, and thought I could pull up but stalled out, again I got pummeled by ya.. Never underestimate a Hellcat!
That was a typical scenario in the battle, you guys were coming in high and most of the knights were staying close to the deck, where it was safe and they could knock one or two strafing the airfield... IT seems that most want to stay low and near the field where its safe in a hord instead of grabbing alt to meet you guys at a similar Alt, I don't like hiding in the field cap and chasing scraps, what do you learn doing that? Best defence is to grab and confront in my opinion, instead of hord and cower to the incoming NME..
Sure I will take some bruises doing it, but the end results in quality fights are well worth it, cowering in the hord just seems old and playeddddd and almost mindless...
 The Yaks and Spits made a good tag team during that hour last night..
IKON

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
Worth it all
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2004, 07:20:42 AM »
:)Most guys would pay for just one of those a tour
Good write.