Author Topic: Set-up For June 6 - 12: Duel For Suez  (Read 1698 times)

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
Set-up For June 6 - 12: Duel For Suez
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2003, 11:56:51 PM »
Sorry If I offended some of you guys out there - just trying to bring a little variety to the CT instead of the same ole same ole. I guess we could always have another Slot Map.  :rolleyes:

Don't worry - I won't bother to do all the research on the next one - will just throw something together at the last minute.
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2003, 12:08:57 AM »
Easy Andi,  this looks like it will be fun as hell. I respect those guys opinions but flying Hog-4s and Temps vs 262s and Spit14s sounds pretty neat. Like Sabre said, you did a great job doing something different with a stale-ass plane set. Keep up the good work. <>

Offline Emptygun26

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2003, 01:40:17 AM »
Originally posted by Andijg
Sorry If I offended some of you guys out there - just trying to bring a little variety to the CT instead of the same ole same ole. I guess we could always have another Slot Map.  :rolleyes:

Don't worry - I won't bother to do all the research on the next one - will just throw something together at the last minute.

Dont sweat it man, most of these ppl are hard core axis players that have there pantys in a bunch becuz the allies and axis are somewhat even.
 I think you have done a great job setting this up. The idea is great. It must have been one hell of a challenge. Plz dont just toss somthing together, like some of the other CTs have done in the past. Its just ruins it. This is the main reasion I havent flown CT at all this week other than squad ops. Its just no fun flying agint Nikis that can climb upstairs to our jugs at 25K ft and fight like there at 5K ft. (thats right I said it the Niki FM is screwed up)
 So atleast this week we wont have to be called Spit 14 dweebs, or we wont have to call Niki dweeb. Looks very balanced. Good Job.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2003, 06:49:10 AM »
Andijg!  Thanks for all the hard work and research that went into this coming setup.    Its a nice way to work in the late war planeset.

Even if it's not your cup of tea, it's only a week.   Give Andi a break, folks.

Andi, even if people are voicing opinions against the setup, I'm sure its not digs against you.   Keep up the good work!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2003, 07:15:02 AM »
Originally posted by Sabre
What happened to, "Where's my 109F?":)

Sabre
CT Staff, Reserve

I was just stating a fact ... don't take it personal :)

and "you forgot the 109f" :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Tuck

• Copper Member
      • http://hometown.aol.com/tuck0006/
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2003, 08:12:53 AM »
:mad:

next setup:  the hatfield's vs. the mccoy's

Hatfields (BISHOPS)
B-17G FORTRESS (Mobile Home with Gun Turrents)(Based back Field)

M-3 HALFTRACK (Mule Drawn Wagon)
M-8 ARMORED CAR (Pony Drawn Wagon)
M-16 FLAK TRACK (McCoy Prisoner of War Drawn Wagon)
PANZER IV (River Barge on Wheels)
OSTWIND (Wagon Carrying 10 Hatfields with Shotguns)

McCoys (KNIGHTS)
AR-234 (GreyHound Dogs with Shotguns on Backs) (Based Back Field)
A-20 HAVOC (Mobile Home on Wheels with Gun Turrents)
IL-2 (River Barge on Wheels)
C-47 DAKOTA (Wagon)

M-3 HALFTRACK (Mule Drawn Wagon)
M-8 ARMORED CAR (Pony Drawn Wagon)
M-16 FLAK TRACK (Hatfield Prisoner of War Drawn Wagon)
PANZER IV (River Barge on Wheels)
OSTWIND (Wagon Carrying 10 McCoys with Shotguns)

MAP & FIELD SETTINGS:
Fuel: 1.2
Dar: 500 ft, Full Friendly
Ack: .7
Downtimes: Ack: 20 minutes, 30 minutes all others.

SET-UP NOTES:
Tigers 1's (JS III) Will be perked 3 pints of moonshine each.
If Hatfields are pushed off the Western side of the map, they
loose the Mountains and their virgin women.

Oy Veh!  :mad:

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2003, 08:23:28 AM »
LOL

no they'll lower the lethality of the rounds, only give us hurri and spits with the carb problems and call it WW1 airwar :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline najdorf

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2003, 08:51:44 AM »
Original quote by Emptygun26

"Dont sweat it man, most of these ppl are hard core axis players that have there pantys in a bunch becuz the allies and axis are somewhat even.
I think you have done a great job setting this up. The idea is great. It must have been one hell of a challenge. Plz dont just toss somthing together, like some of the other CTs have done in the past. Its just ruins it. This is the main reasion I havent flown CT at all this week other than squad ops. Its just no fun flying agint Nikis that can climb upstairs to our jugs at 25K ft and fight like there at 5K ft. (thats right I said it the Niki FM is screwed up)
So atleast this week we wont have to be called Spit 14 dweebs, or we wont have to call Niki dweeb. Looks very balanced. Good Job."

Are you sure you're call sign shouldn't be emptyhead or emptyskill?

If you can't handle N1k's, why don't you ask some of the allied fliers that eat 'em alive like Seahob or Xaqut1 how to beat them.  I get so sick of you tards whinin' that the N1K is invincible.  What a load of crap.

And I'm not criticising Anjig's work, it's just that I think these Jet battles are going to fizzle.  As I stated earlier, We've done the 163 and 262 in KOTH and it really sucked.  I would like this setup pretty well if it didn't include the jets.  But hey, you can't make everyone happy, just expressing my opinion.

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2003, 09:39:05 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
I was just stating a fact ... don't take it personal :)

and "you forgot the 109f" :)

Hehe, I know Eagler.  Just couldn't resist...you just left the chain dangling there, so I yanked it:).  And yes, I misquoted you.  Been spending too much time reading the O'Club threads I guess.  After all, it's been raised to an art form in there.

Tuck: Funny stuff.

Andi: Where's that flame retardant jumpsuit we issued you when you joined the CT Staff?  Didn't I tell ya not to take it off for anything?

Sabre
CT Staff, Reserve
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline o0Stream140o

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2003, 11:25:58 AM »
Jester
  You know the 325th will be flying your set up,  I remember you talking about this when you were still a Checkertail.  You know as well as I do that the skies are going to be filled with 262's as soon as the other arena finds out that they are free.  So you will se us in 51's on squad night... Thanks for taking the time to make some good set ups...

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2003, 11:30:25 AM »
Originally posted by o0Stream140o
You know as well as I do that the skies are going to be filled with 262's as soon as the other arena finds out that they are free.  

I'm not sure that this is so.  Jet flying gets old really quick, and I think it's likely that this setup will draw the MA people who want to fly un-perked Spit14s, F4U-4s and Tempests, too.  In fact....looking at the plane selection, and the clever way the planes have been distributed, I'm beginning to think that I'll get to fly a Spitfire without shame.

- oldman

Offline Emptygun26

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2003, 12:43:07 PM »
Originally posted by o0Stream140o
You know the 325th will be flying your set up

Rgr that our Ponys are going to kills some Migs.....

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2003, 05:14:34 PM »
OK Folks,
It may come to pass that this set-up will fly like a armor plated water buffalo but I have always wanted to see how a set-up like this would go so we are going to try it - at least for a little bit. If you are right we won't see it again anytime soon. Good Enough?

That was my thinking behind the set-up at first you might have nothing but jets. But if anyone is going to take any turf they are going to have to get in something with a prop that can lug some ord.

What I would like to see is a few jets here and there but jets on the other side to oppose them while the ground war and A2G stuff goes on.

It is a damn shame that HTC didn't model the 262 where it would carry the bombs and R4M rockets it could carry. It would give this set-up a whole new angle.

Will try to hold the rants to a minimum in the future but gives a warning that I can "Piss and Moan" with the best of them.  ;)   (climbs back into nomex suit).
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2003, 05:29:01 PM »
Will try to hold the rants to a minimum in the future but gives a warning that I can "Piss and Moan" with the best of them.  (climbs back into nomex suit).
Good show! A+ for all the hard work you put into this. Thanks for working on the CT staff! :)

Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Dennis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2003, 05:31:37 PM »
Hang, on, Tuck.  I've got Hatfields on my great-grammaw's side.  I resemble those remarks.
:D

RE this week's trip to Fantasyland .. I'm sure andijg put plenty of thought into the setup.  And I'm sure it offends him when people turn around and piss on it.  But them's the breaks.  We've all got opinions, and when you step into the kitchen, you're just liable to catch some heat.  Nothing personal in it.

This setup doesn't appeal to me because I want to play a WWII sim.  I also dislike any setup that features jets, but that's secondary.  

The fantasy setup awhile back involving the Soviets and the other allies fighting over Japan after the surrender was a real stretch for me .. and although this one's based on real history, I think it's even worse, relying on substitutes for over a dozen craft.  You can call it Israel vs Egypt over the Suez ... but it's going to play like an MA-style free-for-all over a desert map.  Sound familiar?

Furthermore, I gather none of the planes has the appropriate skin or markings -- a shortcoming of the game, not andijg's -- adding to the stretch.

I'd just rather stick with WWII, that's all.  Call it the same ole same ole if you want, that's what the game is about ... at least for me.

Good thing is, CT has enough people flying it that you can afford to drive away a few regulars for a week every now and then.    Right?

Splash1