Author Topic: Wow! Even Swager being effected!!  (Read 2177 times)

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
Wow! Even Swager being effected!!
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2000, 08:42:00 PM »
I subscribed again today.
5min ago I deleted it again.
Not worth of 30$/month IMHO.
Cya again in 1.05.

Offline Specterx

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2000, 08:54:00 PM »
AH is becoming less and less fun, I agree... you either spend 20 mins flying 50 miles to an enemy field and get killed by ostwind/chog dweeb/uber ack or spend an hour climbing to 30k only to achieve the same result as above.

Can't wait till I get in WWIIOL closed beta, then I'll have plenty to do. As an interesting note there are about 600 people in the closed beta right now, which is probably the same number that play AH in total.  

IMHO HTC should lower the price, $30 a month is alot, especially with the increasing competition.

------------------

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2000, 09:49:00 PM »
 Just a suggestion.

Before ver 1.04 came along. I don't remember a lot of "getting bored with it" post,s. The FM was enough to hold your interest by itself. Just keeping the plane in the air had a learning curve.

Maybe an arena with the old FM might respark the interest of some of those growing jaded to quickly.

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2000, 11:12:00 PM »
no the old flight model was incorrect easymo

the new one is much closer to being accurate from what i can tell

the thing that people dont like is the GAMEPLAY that is the ma, I like the flight model, view system ,etcera

its the insta respawn blah blah. why pay 30$ a month for that when you can have it in h2h??

my only sad part about unsubscribing from aces high is missing scenarios, but 4 hours a month isnt worth 30 dollars.

even scerios leave me kinda feeling funny tho. They are just to hard to organize with human nature unless you have a core group of pilots. example we get real historical squads with accurate numbers of uintelligent people who arent walking on or dont know how to start the engine..

btw sox i sent u an email  

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2000, 12:49:00 AM »
I'm enjoying AH just as much as ever.  I like the switch to the beta map, and the added action it brings into play.  Ostwinds a problem?  They're a problem if you let them get to your field...bring up a tank and they're dead meat.  I agree jaboing the bastards can be hard, but it's not impossible.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2000, 04:23:00 AM »
I've been debating closing my account, I haven't logged in for about a month, tho I still maintain an active account.

The main reason being;
A co-worker and friend of mine, that I got to try the 2 week AH preview (which BTW got him hooked on the game) was sent an email by HTC to start an account at........You guessed it, $9.95 a month.

So as you can imagine my friend kinda gloats that I'm paying 3 times as much a month as he does.

This really kinda got under my skin as I've been with AH since beta and paying $29.95 a month, and felt that was fair as long as that was the going rate and everyone was paying it.

But I feel a bit stupid paying three times more than my friend, for exactly the same game.

So I went AWOL from my squad and AH, at least til v1.05 comes out, and I've had a chance to look at it.

I am at present waiting to see WB 3.0 (if/when) it comes out and I may switch back as it is $5.00 cheaper a month, but ALL the paying customers are charged that. (Yeah I know about the comp'd accounts)

I'm at a crossroads with AH right now, and dunno which way to go  

------------------
"Find your enemy and shoot him down - everything else is unimportant"
-WW1 German ACE Manfred Freiherr von Richthofen

<< MILENKO >>
ACES HIGH ASSASSINS Website
WB/AH ASSASSINS Website

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2000, 04:58:00 AM »
 Not to dwell on this zig  . But there are 2 "most realistic FM " sims out now. Soon to be a couple more. I have a strong hunch all of them will have a different FM. All of them will be made up. And it will come back to feel, like it or not.

Frankly, I don't care about realism anymore. This FM is boring

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2000, 04:59:00 AM »
That sucks...especially when it's a co-worker &/or friend.  All I can say is, if it's worth $30 to ya, regardless of what your friend is paying, come back and enjoy yourself...I'll even let ya shoot me down once or twice    Would definitely suck if you left for good!

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2000, 05:06:00 AM »
Frankly, I don't care about realism anymore. This FM is boring

I have a copy of CFS2 for sale. The graphics are kinda neat...kinda. If realism isn't yer bag, and thank God you don't care,  a $40 one time fee should just blow your mind.

The "Creamo Hope for the Future GeForce Video Card Foundation" will dig your support.

Thanks in advance-

[This message has been edited by Creamo (edited 12-10-2000).]

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2000, 07:50:00 AM »
Hehe, thought I had logged onto AGW for a second.  

I think this sort of dishenchantment happens after the honeymoon period of any sim wears off. Eagl, I agree. I think the penultimate time for online flight simmers was WB 1.11r2. While the graphics weren't the best, the gameplay was fantastic, night after night.

What's really happening here is the normal evolution of an online flight sim. Rabid, almost worshipful praise for a new sim, followed by a long honeymoon period, as the developers crank out smaller updates in a short amount of time.

Then comes the ambitious release(1.05), which takes a much longer time that anticipated. As the honeymoon period wears off, and the masses await the next uberrelease(tm), some disenchantment sinks in.

All I know is that if v1.05 is anywhere near as good as HiTech's/Pyro's 1.11 release of Warbirds, it'll be worth the wait.

Keeping the faith,

banana

Offline Sunchaser

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2000, 08:16:00 AM »
In the absence of new stuff it falls on us to either piss & moan {I have done my share of that} about it or use what the sim provides to change what irritates us.

We do not have to wait for HTC or anyone else to hand lead us into scenarios or special events.

We have an historical arena that is opened for use 24/7 and few use it.

We do not need a complicated set of rules either.

This is how I am escaping the boredom of THE PLAYPEN main arena.

1.Log into THE PLAYPEN.
2.Announce "Axis Beware."
3.Log into The Med Sp Events Arena
4.Turn icons off.
5.Grab a B17, wait 5 minutes, take off and go bomb something Axis.

Honor requests.
1.No icons
2.Fly theater specific planes
(no blue, no lancasters and no Japanese)

It is up to us to make AH what we want within the limited terrains and planeset.

We can love the main and fly it or we can hate the main, fly it and squeak or we can fly the MED and hope anyone else of like mind will do the same.

See you in the MED.

------------------
When did they put this thing in here and WTF is it for?

Offline pzvg

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2000, 03:19:00 PM »
Hehe Here let me help ya out folks,
The car gets a new coat of paint(updates)
oooo! shiney glossy, neat after a while of lovingly rubbing wax onto it, ya start ta notice and pay attention ta the dents(The MA), now a new coat of paint will still give ya the ooo! feeling, but it don't last as long, 'cuz while ya ogle it, ya look for the dents.

(And Creamo, when ya speak do ya first have ta drop yer pants? no matter, I know ya just like ta try ta stand out, so what dents you tryin ta hide my man?)    

------------------
pzvg- "5 years and I still can't shoot"

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2000, 03:31:00 PM »
No need to drop my pants, I post and fly naked.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2000, 03:35:00 PM »

I am at present waiting to see WB 3.0 (if/when) it comes out and I may switch back as it is $5.00 cheaper a month, but ALL the paying customers are charged that. (Yeah I know about the comp'd accounts)

I seem to remember iEN went well out of their way to inform the WB community that the $24.95/month applied to WB2 and in no way represents the monthly cost of WB3.  Don't get too excited until they actually tell you how much its going to cost.

AKDejaVu

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2000, 10:22:00 PM »
Just wanted to clarify my post...

Don't get me wrong, I really like the basic AH technology.  Sure, some of the flight model characteristics aren't perfect, but they're closer than anything else I've played.  My previous message was a reaction to me realizing that for every hour I spend online, less than 15 minutes of that is being spent doing actual fighting.  While that would be unacceptable in past WB 'cause that's charged per hour, sometimes it's just flat out snooze boring in AH.

------------------
eagl <squealing Pigs> BYA
Oink Oink To War!!!
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.