Author Topic: Stupid Parenting Award  (Read 696 times)

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
Stupid Parenting Award
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2003, 09:37:29 AM »
Originally posted by Suave
What article ?

am I the only one that gets the article by clicking on the link in Reschke's initial post?
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
Stupid Parenting Award
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2003, 09:47:12 AM »
I guess so, that link has allways been broken for me .

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Stupid Parenting Award
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2003, 10:03:00 AM »
Originally posted by Frogm4n
americans are terrible drinkers because of the taboo the wacko nut cases put on beer. kids wouldnt go binge drink themselves to death if it wasnt for the puritan wack jobs in this country telling everyone its so evil.

there is nothing wrong with anyone having some whine or beer with their meal if their parents think its alright.

I somewhat agree with your analogy, but I don't think its wack jobs..I just think some parents are over protective.  If you take the mystery out of firearms with your kids, teach them to respect guns and teach them gun safety, and enjoy the sport of shooting with them, they tend to grow up safe and responsible gun owners.  Same is applied to alcohol....teach them safe and responsible drinking by being an example yourself by drinking with social responsibility in mind, then your kids are unlikely to binge drink since the "mystery" of consuming alcohol is no longer present.

My parents allowed me a beer or two at around age 16 if I consumed it socially, usually someones birthday party or a seasonal event (New years, Christmas Dinner, etc)...and always at home.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2003, 10:05:21 AM by Ripsnort »

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
Stupid Parenting Award
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2003, 10:07:12 AM »
Wouldn't that mean you have kids that are completely comfortable with guns, but have abnormal behavior around porch lights?  Is that really a safe combination?

MiniD

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Stupid Parenting Award
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2003, 01:16:40 PM »
"Page Cannot Be Found."

That's why I cut-n-paste text when I want to rattle the cages with a news article.