Author Topic: Killshooter replacement from Planetside  (Read 478 times)

Offline DoctorYO

• Nickel Member
Killshooter replacement from Planetscape
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2003, 10:44:30 AM »
what server are you on....

I play on Konried.....  as DoctorYo...

Fun game if they could only control the lag during those 200 vs 200 fights for one base.....

basic 50 vs 50 (normal fights dont exceed this..) runs pretty good though...

My Outfit has some 100+ members pretty neat to be trying to take a base and our outfit has the ability to call in air and ground support...  Bunch of reavers and tanks roll in.. Maul them..  and then let the Light Infantry (me and squad.) mop up whats left....

we normally run at 4-6 (40-60 members) squads every night including our dreaded armor air squad...

And the game is called Planetside... not Planetscape...

:)

DoctorYo

ps:  hence my limited AH time...  slobs united rejoice...

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
Killshooter replacement from Planetscape
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2003, 11:04:11 AM »
Killshooter in general is the ideal(And only grief-free) method for friendly fire in any online game.

The implementation in AH leaves something to be desired though.  No matter where you hit a friendly, that shot is applied to one point on your plane(the tail i believe, which oddly enough is the weakest part of most fighters)  When you hit a friendly, the damage should be mapped to the same(or a random similar) component.  Hit the left wing, your plane gets hit in the left wing, hit the second engine on a friend, but your plane only has one engine, you get hit in the engine.

The effective lethality of killshooter is way too high.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2003, 11:06:45 AM by Innominate »