Author Topic: My dear Mr. hblair...  (Read 545 times)

Offline rosco-

• Copper Member
My dear Mr. hblair...
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2000, 10:29:00 AM »

Originally posted by BigJim:
Well Doc it so happens that I lived in Vermont for 27 years and know quite well where Quebec City is, who Rennie Lavec is, how the frankophones have destroyed Quebec's bilingual situation (even tho there are PLENTY of anglophones in Quebec who are natives)

LOLOLOLOL what a crock of toejam. I live Not too far from Ottawa, and most small towns between there and the Quebec border are an equal mix of french and english. Know what...we all get along just fine.

I have been to montreal many many times, and have not once had a problem communicating with anyone in english. Montreal is largly and english city. A friend of mine went to college there, and english college, he doesnt speak french. And you say you couldnt order food? Whatever  

I could start insulting americans lumping you all into one group, like the cars with ski racks loaded with skis crossing the border into canada in the middle of july but I wont do that cause it wouldnt be nice  

Offline BigJim

• Zinc Member
My dear Mr. hblair...
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2000, 05:13:00 PM »
LOL Rosco that's because the Candian's are buying ski's in July LOLOLOLOL

Offline rosco-

• Copper Member
My dear Mr. hblair...
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2000, 09:42:00 PM »
 You betcha, off season discount.

Offline Snoopi

• Zinc Member
My dear Mr. hblair...
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2000, 07:27:00 PM »
BigJim:
I didn't see his first post.

I was only agreeing that people that don't count english as their 1st language could have trouble with ICQ speak.

And I just refuse to otherwise judge/generalize about people based on their nationality or current home.

I would defend anyone, Canadian or not, in that regard.

I, like you, will say nothing more since we are wasting network bandwidth.

Regards,
Snoopi