Author Topic: The map and Kadesh planeset  (Read 934 times)

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Re: The map and Kadesh planeset
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2003, 06:54:46 AM »
Originally posted by artik
Firstly:
what Spitfires do in 1956 ????????????????
They didn't flew in this period even spit14
Tempset and F4u ???? F4U I can understand the only navy plane but anyway - the Kadesh war was Jet war - the prop planes had used only in Ground attacks P51 had it's last operation service in this war. B17b had used 2-3 times in nigh attacks only.
I think it is better to make the Jets only fights - 262 vs 262 as Meteor/Mister/Ouragan vs Meteor/Vampire/MiG-15. You not need there spitfires. Prop planes in attack sorties only.

Secondly:
Why tunissia map - it is too far from - try Israel map I made even in the way it looks like now - the speeds of jets planes make the ditances much shoter. and you need just a couple of minutes to get from IAF base to Egyptian base.

Make this event more real please - it will look much better.

Should have been a 1948 plane set rather than a 1956 one - Spit's flew on both sides and the Israeli's had the 109 - Muzek or Mule

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
The map and Kadesh planeset
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2003, 07:14:27 AM »
List of pre 1950 kills by israeli a/f

http://www.acig.org/artman/publish/article_71.shtml

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2003, 03:09:17 PM »
Yeah we can do 1948 planeset:
IAF:
Avia S199- 109g6
Spit9
B17
Mustang P51D
Mosquito
C47
Harvard - TBM can be used

REAF
Spit5
Spit9
C205

C47 bombers - may be used boston

RAF
Spit 14
Tempset

But we need to use for it relevant terrain
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2003, 03:14:14 PM »
_Schadenfreude_

nice info, so where was our (Israeli) spit IVX?

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2003, 03:31:22 PM »
Originally posted by CurtissP-6EHawk
_Schadenfreude_

nice info, so where was our (Israeli) spit IVX?

Rematch!!! we DEMAND a rematch!!!

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2003, 08:29:37 AM »
Artik's set up looks pretty fun.

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2003, 12:50:16 AM »
MY COMMENTS ON THE LAST SET-UP:

I had actually looked at doing the 1948 "War of Independece" for this set up with the plane set but decided to go with the 1956 "Battle for Suez" so I could get some different planes in the set-up, namely the jets, that are not usually seen in and flown in the CT.

My "object" in all this was to bring something "Different" and maybe attract some new players over from the MA. I think it worked pretty good - every night I tuned in there were 50+ on playing, not like the usual 15 to 20 in the CT on non-squad nights. And it was kinda hart warming seeing all the MA players getting shot down by the CT vets.  ;)

In conclusion, For those of you that liked the set-up and were nice enough to tell me so a sincere THANK YOU. !

For those of you that didn't like it - well you can take comfort in that it was just an experiment and most likely won't be repeated any time soon. Will be back to WW2 for the present.

And Lastly, For those of you that constantly "squeaked and Moaned" through the whole set-up, (you know who you are) - all I can say is that in every life a little rain must fall.   ;)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2003, 09:15:54 AM by Jester »
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2003, 09:29:33 AM »
Also Artik,
IMO think the 109G wouldn't be the best choice for the AVIA S199. Way too capable an airframe to sub for the S199.

The Mercedes engine being replaced by the Jumo 004 (used in the HE 111 bomber) really cut down on the power and made it a difficult if not dangerous a/c to fly. They didn't call it "Mule" for nothing! Was thinking of more along the lines of the 109E.

Also the TBM is a "little" ubber for a AT-6 Harvard IMO. Think the VAL is pretty close - SBD would be good also if it didn't carry so much bomb load. I just don't see a AT-6 picking up a 1000 pdr and 2x 100 pdrs.

I do like your set-up listed above. Maybe some time in the future, when the whinners have calmed down and when they have the bugs out of the mid east map we can do something in this era again.

Myself, I am still trying to figure out how I can replicate barreling down the Bakka Valley in my trusty F-4E Phantom II hunting SAMS.  :D
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2003, 11:38:30 AM »
IMO think the 109G wouldn't be the best choice for the AVIA S199. Way too capable an airframe to sub for the S199

Yeah you right S199 had very poor perfomance (I do not know how did they flew them and got kills!!!!) The point that I reskinned 109g6 as S199 is that 109E or F could be good in manuvering fight when S199 was even harvyer then 109g6!!!. So I made the compromise of the havyest and less powered planes of 109G.
Myself, I am still trying to figure out how I can replicate barreling down the Bakka Valley in my trusty F-4E Phantom II hunting SAMS

Yeah............... Don't troble such painfull point :(  I would like too. But if you can simulate Meteor with 262 quite well F4E Phantom it is trobble. Yes if we could make the Yom-Kipur war of 1973 of Arabic Airfoces - MiG21 , SAM2, SAM3, SAM6  vs IAF F4E and Mirage it would be great for me but it is only dreams.... untill there will be Jet AH or WB IV.

By the way I liked this different thinking in AH of producing somthing different from WWII - I'm with you.
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline Dennis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2003, 04:06:22 PM »
Originally posted by Andijg
I do like your set-up listed above. Maybe some time in the future, when the whinners have calmed down and when they have the bugs out of the mid east map we can do something in this era again.

Myself, I am still trying to figure out how I can replicate barreling down the Bakka Valley in my trusty F-4E Phantom II hunting SAMS.  :D

You could buy a game that deals with that time period.
Just an idea.

:p

Splash1