"I'm really dissapointed that the yaks aren't there."

You're pathetic...
« Last Edit: June 15, 2003, 04:17:21 PM by GRUNHERZ »

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
Whaat?
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2003, 04:29:56 PM »
When Kanttori submited his set up to the CT way back when when it first ran (I did the first set up), and we looked  at his intended plane set it included the yak and the P51B , the set up read is the one he posted I beleave before we did the set up.
 I determined that the Yak was to much for the set up preformance wise ( see Grunherz coments above about it and the balance issue I could not of said it better and he certainly spellied it better:) ) and historicaly not revelent to the time and place the set up was intended to represent (same more or less for the P51), the staff argead and the Yak 9U was not put into the set up and Kanttori understood.

You see it was not realy Taken out since it neaver realy was in in the first place.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2003, 04:34:23 PM by brady »

Offline kesolei

• Copper Member
Whaat?
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2003, 04:35:41 PM »
Grunherz, have I once insulted you? Didn't think so. Care to return the favor?

You're taking that sentence out of context, and sure when out of context it looks bad.

Take a step back and look at everything I've said. Yes, I know in the first post I said that I was dissapointed that Yak wasn't in there, and that we always seem to see the same basic planeset. That, yes, was a vent of frustration that had very little to do with the point of my posts. Look at all of them, look for the thread that binds them all together.

I thought that maybe instead of running away, they'd rise up to the challenge and try to figure out a different way to approach flying against yaks.

There /are/ ways to overcome the Yak9u 'Advantage'. There has to be. There is a way to overcome every problem placed before you without whinning to get it moved.

Besides, what makes the game better. Flying around and winning every single time you go into a dog-fight, or flying around and getting to go against a plane/pilot that outclasses you a little- forcing you to step up to the plate and try a little harder, and in doing so become a better pilot?

If 30 strangers can do that, can't a bunch of people who have been flying together for awhile come up with a way to defeat a yak9u (which, it can be done. I've been shot down in them- we all have if you've flown on!) without whinning to get it removed?

More-so I'm trying to point out that a bunch of grown men are more concerned about whinning to get rid of an opponents good plane than trying to come up with a way to defeat it.

I'm just dissapointed in the people I fly with for whinning so much that the 9u actually got removed. They've never, ever done that when we whine against the spit IVs, and whatever the heck plane we're whinning against this week.

I'm dissapointed that people whinned so much that a plane was taken out of a planeset. People always whine here, they whine rather than try to do something constructive to fix the problem. Honestly? I could care less that the yak isn't in there. If I really want to fly it, I'll run over to the TA with some people and run around in it and get my fix. That's what I do, ask some of my squaddies.

I'm just tired of watching a bunch of grown men act like children, and this case was enough to make me say something about it. You guys can stop telling me that the plane doesn't belong in there, and that it wasn't original. I understand that. Like I said, If that is the reason the plane was taken out- I will gladly shut up about it. But I don't think that's the reason the plane was taken out, and /that/ is why I'm dissapointed. Not because the plane isn't there.

MY POINT:
A plane was taken out of a rotation because so many people whinned about it's being there, after it was successfully added and used for at least 2 weeks. This behavior on our parts as pilots dissapoints me.

If you don't get it now, I give up. You're not going to understand what I'm trying to say, and I'm tired of being insulted for things that aren't even what I /should/ be being insulted for.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Whaat?
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2003, 04:42:39 PM »
Kesloi you have clearly lied in this thread and your own words prove it as qouted above, and I belive now that you have had to resort to deliberate lying that any further attempt at discussion is pointless.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
Whaat?
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2003, 04:45:11 PM »
Hey read the above post of mine...

"You see it was not realy Taken out since it neaver realy was in in the first place"

Offline kesolei

• Copper Member
Whaat?
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2003, 05:25:06 PM »
I missed your post, Brady, before I posted my last one. Must've been writting it at the same time or something.

Grunherz, I'm not going to waste my time on you anymore. I have no idea how you can say that I'm 'clearly lying' as 'proven by my quotes'. Really. I'm at a completely loss as to where you're coming from.

But, as a CT staff member has now told me what I requested, like I said, I'm going to stop.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Whaat?
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2003, 10:25:14 AM »
Ok Kesloi one more time since you are so dim!

In your first post you said:

"I'm really dissapointed that the yaks aren't there."

Then later after your incessant whining was beaten down you changed your tune to:

"I don't /care/ that the 9u isn't there."

Seems like you were lying in at least one of your posts....

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Whaat?
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2003, 11:31:14 AM »
Ok Kesloi one more time since you are so dim!
Don't feel bad Kesloi. Grunherz pointed out to me that I was a studmuffin and an idiot the other night. Then he wanted to join my squad, but I pointed out to him the C.O. was a studmuffin and an idiot. :D It is not just you, he shares his love with most everyone. ;)
------------------------
CO daddog
332nd Flying Mongrels
Roster
Events!
Noses in the wind since 1997.

A wise man gets more use from his enemies than a fool from his friends. - Baltasar Gracian
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Whaat?
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2003, 11:57:37 AM »
So can I still join Daddog? :)

But yea k listen to daddog - you shouldn't take my insults seriously, though I sincerely think you are a liar in this thread, I harbor no real ill feelings towards you and want to help you understand where you are in error.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Whaat?
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2003, 12:03:57 PM »
I haven't spent much time in the 9T...but after flying it a bit it's easy to see its an outstanding ride...in fact I think its clearly superior to the 9U in alot of ways. Overall leathality is equal or better...easy to get 3-4 kills and 6-7 is possible without rearming. Obviously its a phonebooth fighter so you need to know your getting in close from the beginning. I've had a bunch of great knife fights with F4's hurricanes 109's and FM-2s and the yak holds its own surprisingly well. Never felt like I lost because of the plane I was in...a few times felt I won only because of the plane....no need for any other yak IMO.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Whaat?
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2003, 12:07:22 PM »
Originally posted by daddog
Don't feel bad Kesloi. Grunherz pointed out to me that I was a studmuffin and an idiot the other night. Then he wanted to join my squad, but I pointed out to him the C.O. was a studmuffin and an idiot. :D It is not just you, he shares his love with most everyone. ;)
------------------------
CO daddog
332nd Flying Mongrels
Roster
Events!
Noses in the wind since 1997.

A wise man gets more use from his enemies than a fool from his friends. - Baltasar Gracian

Well since you've got kids I seriously doubt your a studmuffin:) Since you wont stick around and fight you can't be an idiot:D .....however you are a candyprettythang:rolleyes: ....but since you pay your $15 you certainly have as much right to float your boat as anyone else.:p

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline kesolei

• Copper Member
Whaat?
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2003, 12:36:53 PM »
lol, daddog I'll remember that!

Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
But yea k listen to daddog - you shouldn't take my insults seriously, though I sincerely think you are a liar in this thread, I harbor no real ill feelings towards you and want to help you understand where you are in error.

Grun, I'm not mad at you either so much as I'm frustrated with ya. Yea, I made two conflicting statements... but what I was trying to point out later was that that wasn't the focus of what I was trying to say. *considers quietly* Yes, you're completely right. I said one thing, then said another.

But that wasn't what I wanted people to focus on, the fact that the 9u wasn't in there. I'll admit it right now; 9u is my favorite ride in the game. I looked forward to the finn-russia map because not only was it the first map I played on, but it had the 9u.

What I wanted you guys to look at when I posted was the fact that, from what I saw at the time, people were whinning so much that planes are being taken out of planesets. (Brady's post obviously clarified for me, which is cool 'cause I asked for the clarification- but people still whine way too much in the CT!)

/That/ didn't set right with me. Does that make sense, Grun? I think we have/had a case of misunderstanding here, and I've been trying to show you my side of it while you've been trying to show me yours- problem is, we aint been listenin' to each other.

I made conflicting statements. I didn't lie though, not in the sense that you're talking about I don't think. My focus wasn't meant to be on the fact that the plane wasn't in there, it was meant to be on the whinning. I was incredibly tired when I made the first post- so it might not have come off as well as I wanted it too, and i tried to remedy that in later posts.

I'd just gotten back from pre-camp training (I'm a camp counselor part-time during summers, whee!) which was 3 and a half days of, up at 7:30- non-stop running around through a place that had 3 flat spots. Cabins, Lodge and bathhouse.. then getting into bed at 12:30 or 1 by the time everything we needed to do was done. My brain was fried. I tried to make the post sound right, and it probably would have been smart of me to wait until the next day to make it, but I didn't.

Does that help you at all see where I was coming from? I kinda want to get this worked out and call a 'truce' on the matter- just because I'm one of those people that hates having something like this unsettled. I'm too damn nice. :P

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Whaat?
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2003, 01:25:58 PM »
I know it can bevery  disapointing to not have your favorite plane in certain CT setups, but as we discovered in this thread the Yak9U is not appropriate for this time period and did not fight against Finland's airforces,  apparently somebody made an error when they included it in the setup before. Some people noticed the error and, naturally, spoke out, complained and yes whined. The CT leaders weighed the arguments and decided to remove it.  Naturally some people, like you,  disagree and are unhappy but sometimes we cant all win all the arguments.

So yea I see you were disapointed in how this happened and see that aspect of your arguemnt. :)

Anyway I'm happy you have not taken my insults seriously, I prefer to think of them of them or as bombastic jokes rather than hurtful statements, in fact it is never my intent to hurt peoples feelings and if I ever do I'm honestly sorry and make attempts to right the situation as several people here can testify to....

Offline kesolei

• Copper Member
Whaat?
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2003, 02:46:30 PM »
*laughs* I think we're going to have to agree to just stop, Grun. I understand what you're saying, but I still think you're missing what I'm saying and I'm guessing it just aint gonna happen.

This was just a case in point that I felt I could use to make a different point. We whine too much. This time it was justified, so I had a bad base for the point I tried to make.

Truce?

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Whaat?
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2003, 02:56:47 PM »
You are upset that people were whining and this became a personal issiue to you out of the fact that your favorite plane was removed from the setup because of said complaints.

Thats how I interpret your argument. How is that wrong?

Its not a matter of truce, were simply discussing this and trying to get to the bottom of it. :)