Author Topic: Portland Oregon folks.  (Read 396 times)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Portland Oregon folks.
« on: June 10, 2003, 09:19:17 PM »
Hi there,

I was hoping someone in the Portland area could help me with a local phone number for a company located there. I have not had a response by mail to two  that I sent them.

What I am looking for is Fiskars INC., Gerber Legendary Blades  Division, Service Dept. The are supposed to be located at 14200 SW 72nd Av. Portland, OR.

If anyone can find a phone number for them I'd sure appreciate it. Their web site only has a mail contact and they are not responding.
:mad:

Thanks in advance
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
Portland Oregon folks.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2003, 09:22:38 PM »
Fiskars Inc Gerber Legendary Blades
14200 Sw 72nd Av PORTLAND, OR 97224-8010

(503) 639-6161

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
Portland Oregon folks.
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2003, 09:35:36 PM »
My dad was best friends with one of the Gerber brothers growing up.  Kinda went seperate ways after they graduated... but not before he gave pops one hell of a cutlery set for his wedding present.

MiniD

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Portland Oregon folks.
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2003, 10:12:38 PM »
Thanks a bunch Cpt. Apathy. Maybe now I can get my multipliers back. They were sent in according to the web sites instructions for warrantee problems and I haven't heard anything for a month, from either letter. sigh.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
Portland Oregon folks.
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2003, 10:34:24 PM »
have they changed the design on those yet? the originals used to catch the palm of your hand between the handles.  I had to buy a new pair for a freind after I borrowed them to cut some wire.  when it cut the wire it left a bloodblister on my palm so I threw the pliers in the river.

I used the leatherman myself until my wife found out how great they are.  now she keeps hers in her purse until she loses them, then steals mine to restock her purse. lately I've given up on buying a new pair and she seems to have stopped losing hers.  maybe sh'e more careful knowing she doesn't have a back-up pair on my belt

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Portland Oregon folks.
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2003, 10:52:06 PM »
Hi,
Last Christmas my step son gave me a pair of multi pliers 700. They are a new design with a nice wire cutter on them. (rotating blades with 3 sides each) They worked great except the only way to get the knife blade out is to use a one handed thumb point. The little raised dimple that you use for this broke off so I couldn't use the knife blade. :( The web site said to send it in but now no word. :mad:   If this keeps up I'll really be pissed and make sure everyone I know learns about Gerber support for thier products. I THOUGHT gerber was a good company. I'm not sure at all now.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
Author Unknown

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
Portland Oregon folks.
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2003, 12:22:41 AM »
I've always loved gerber knives but wasn't too impressed with the multi-tool.  they did have a cool multi-tool for cyclists that I picked up for my son.

I haven't seen it in stores but saw it at Gerber, when I was over at the plant getting a carving knife sharpened.  (it was my best estate sale deal ever- a 1968 excaliber in the box with all the paperwork for $7.50.  I took it to the factory to have the blade re-conditioned and the old guy in the shop offered me $120.00 for it.)

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
Portland Oregon folks.
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2003, 12:27:17 AM »
Not a big fan of the gerber multi tool either.  I prefer the Leatherman for that particular application.  Of course, that's a Portland company too.

MiniD

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Portland Oregon folks.
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2003, 09:42:03 PM »
I'm really in the wrong business. I called the company and they said they have a 6 to 8 WEEK turn around time for pruduct with problems. This is rediculous!!! Hell we do an annual on a Cessna 340 (cabin class 6 person twin) in a week or less, and it's a HECK of a lot more complicated than a freaking set of multipliers!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Supposedly they "processed" my pliers on the 4th. I still don't have them.  :mad:
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
Author Unknown

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
Portland Oregon folks.
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2003, 09:45:10 PM »
I don't know about knives, but they make a helluva good jar of strained peas.

Offline Pei

• Silver Member
Portland Oregon folks.
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2003, 10:08:01 PM »
Originally posted by Raubvogel
I don't know about knives, but they make a helluva good jar of strained peas.

LOL!

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
Portland Oregon folks.
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2003, 10:13:06 PM »
go with leatherman.  you scratch the finish on one of theirs and you get a new tool imediatly.

the only weakness I've found is that if you cut heavy stainless wire you can damage the cutters.  but if you turn in a set with this kind of damage they upgrade you to a set that has replacable hardened steel blades in the wire-cutter ( no charge)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Portland Oregon folks.
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2003, 10:42:35 PM »
Finally got the damn pliers back. Apathy, I'll consider leatherman but this was a Christmas gift from my step son, so no choice. :)
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
Author Unknown