Author Topic: Bad Trainers  (Read 780 times)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Bad Trainers
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2003, 12:34:22 PM »
I've rolled off the assend of a carrier more than once after landing because I hadn't completely chopped throttle. Kinda irritating.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline zroostr

• Copper Member
Bad Trainers
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2003, 12:49:49 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
Argh ...

"Trainer's name is Arlo."

Haha. :D

Sorry man. When you guys aint around I'm asking everybody what I need to know. ;)

btw.....finally got a fully loaded tbm off the carrier with that trick. With each new thing I learn the game gets better. Now about catching the wires........:mad:

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Bad Trainers
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2003, 01:42:42 PM »
Originally posted by zroostr
Now about catching the wires........:mad:

Remember, the carrier is going pretty fast.  All you need to say to yourself is "match the speed, match the speed" as you get closer to the boat.  Go full flaps early on and use the throttle to maintain your altitude. Imagine that you're trying to hover over the deck and eventually the plane will settle just right. Even if you miss the wires, if you're going slow enough you can still use your brakes to stop on the deck, then use the back-up trick to get back on the wires to reload.  

Remember to raise your hook after you land if you want to take off again.

Of course, this only works for Rook carriers.  On Knight and Bishop carriers the fantail has a lip that will grab your propeller and throw you into the ocean. :p

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Bad Trainers
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2003, 05:04:53 PM »
Haha. :D

Sorry man. When you guys aint around I'm asking everybody what I need to know. ;)

btw.....finally got a fully loaded tbm off the carrier with that trick. With each new thing I learn the game gets better. Now about catching the wires........:mad:

We'll be doin' plenty `o that. As a matter of fact .... the new training syllabus regarding carrier ops will probably involve alot of landings and takeoffs on turning flat-tops. :D

Offline zroostr

• Copper Member
Bad Trainers
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2003, 08:22:12 PM »
We'll be doin' plenty `o that. As a matter of fact .... the new training syllabus regarding carrier ops will probably involve alot of landings and takeoffs on turning flat-tops. :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Bad Trainers
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2003, 09:16:57 PM »

Not the quals ... just the advanced training. Optional. ;)

Offline zroostr

• Copper Member
Bad Trainers
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2003, 10:41:02 PM »
Not the quals ... just the advanced training. Optional. ;)