Author Topic: Current Strat System Overview Posted Anywhere?  (Read 177 times)

Rojo

Current Strat System Overview Posted Anywhere?
« on: November 16, 1999, 03:27:00 PM »
Can't seem to find a good description anywhere of the workings of the current strat system.  Anyone know where I can find this?  I know damaging certain types of installations has an effect on the flight-line, but I don't have the specifics.  I'm planning a strategic bombing campaign for the Buccaneers to pull some night, and need info on what the "centers of gravity" are.  Thanks.

Rojo (a.k.a. Sabre)

Offline Jekyll

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.bigpond.net.au/phoenix
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 1999, 05:29:00 PM »
In particular, what are the effects on the airfields of the following?

Bombing radar factories and HQ?
Bombing Refineries
Bombing Ack Factories
Bombing Ammo Factories

I took a 1 hr 20 minute flight in a buff last night to demolish the Rooks radar factories and HQ.  Since there are no radar installations at the airfields, I assumed that this would blind the rooks for half an hour.

It didn;t seem to make any difference to them at all.

Oh, and BTW, we really need to have radar antennae/installations at all fields.  Let's have a reason for bombing field installations other than purely for capture purposes.

------------------
C.O. Phoenix Squadron www.users.bigpond.com/afinlayson/index.htm
'feel the heat .......'

[This message has been edited by Jekyll (edited 11-16-1999).]

214CaveJ

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 1999, 08:53:00 PM »
bombing the factories causes the items produced by that factory to take longer to regen at the airfields.

refineries - fuel
ammo - ammo
flak -acks

and I think the radar factories will affect the towers at the field, which will be the 'radar installation', but I'm just guessing here.

I've also heard, though I can't remember who said it, that hammering the city adds to the regen time of the factories.

funked

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 1999, 05:30:00 AM »
Good question Rojo!

Rojo

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 1999, 11:46:00 AM »
Punt...Still looking for a definitive answer.  I'd like to see specifics, i.e. if normal ack regen time is 20 minutes, destroying XX% of ack factory building will cause regen time to be 20 + Y minutes.

Operation "Sledgehammer" on hold while the S-2 collects intel...

Rojo (a.k.a. Sabre, S-2, Buccaneers)

P.S. Any plans to release terrain editor in near future, HtC?

NiteF1yr

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 1999, 12:29:00 PM »
Hi Guys!

I have also been waiting for some official posting as to how bombing certain facilities will effect operations at the fields. It would be cool to broadcast that ack is down at f7 and vulching will be in effect for the next 10 minutes and 20 seconds  
I usually only bomb fuel right now with the purpose of moving the fight. I often see lots of enemies taking off from f7 and flying to f22 and jumping all over everything coming out of f22. When I see that I say to myself "That's not right" so I hop in a buff from either f18 or f17, fly to f7 and bomb the fuel. Usually within 10 or 15 minutes the fight has moved from f22 to f7 since the enemy no longer has the fuel to fly over the mountains and put on a fight at f22. Just a bit of table turning.
So let's see some data on this HTC. It's got to be one of those piles of paper.  

Offline Thunder

• Nickel Member
      • Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 1999, 03:59:00 PM »
I may be of some general help here! There are three basic catagories of strat targets. The first is the City Complex (The % of targets that are down at the city makes up a multiplier.) Crude Example : 55 targets at city up-0 multiplier,23 targets down at city maybe a 5 multiplier, all targets down maybe 10. The Factory Complex's make up the second catagory and they stay down for 30 min per building if  nothing is down at the city and could be down for 5 hours if all targets were down at the city. The number of targets down factory complex's have a result on the capacities at each feild and the abliity to load fuel, bombs, ammo, troops radar and HQ for counters. The field targets are the third catagory of strat targets and they effect that field only. So theoretically if participents were inclined to take real estate and not just furball, a coordinated attack by a country may have the following results. Strategic strikes could take out City and Factory Complex types and render them unable to supply for a two to maybe 4 hours while a stike on the verious fields would render them inoperable. Some of the sytems like the HQ (linked to the aircraft counters per sector) and radar are not in effect at this time. HiTech Craeations must be working on a plan and timetable for implementing this. Sense it is a beta and they have many bigger fish to fry at this time it is my guess that they are watching the playablity issues and will bring them along as priorities dictate. I recognized the value of the strategic element early and have made available maps of  these locations for ALL pilots. The can be viewed and/or downloaded at Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group. I have really brushed the surface here but will be happy to share any knowledge openly with anyone in the interest of understanding better gameplay. I don't want to get involved in opinions, conjectures or what is right or wrong but just what seems to be happening. The purpose of this reply is hopefully for  understanding and be more effective in whatever we try and do.

Salute,
Thunder
XO Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group
Aces High DickweedHBG: www.dickweedhbg.com

Rojo

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 1999, 09:40:00 AM »
Thunder: Thanks for the reply.  I do believe you're correct on the general effects. What I'd really like is for HtC to put up a section on their home page describing the effects in detail of bombing different targets

I understand that they're concentrating on FM, server-loading, etc; but I think if we, the beta testors, have this info, we can at least run the current strat system (skeleton that it is) through the wringer and start giving them feedback.  Even if they don't have the time to do anything with it right now, it will give them and us some ideas on what the production implementation might need.  How about it, Pyro? Just tell us, please.  Thanks.

------------------
Rojo (S-2, The Buccaneers)