Author Topic: Damage Model and FX ?  (Read 170 times)

Offline devious

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.jg301-wildesau.de
Damage Model and FX ?
« on: June 23, 2003, 09:31:04 PM »
Any hints on refinements in AH2 ?

My pipe dream: Models contain 3d models of all the internal systems, to be damaged  by halfway-realistically penetrating rounds (it`s not that hard to call a trigonometry function ;) ). Shot wires stop control surfaces. Holes degrade lift and effectiveness. Hydraulic fluid, oil leaks from punctured hoses. Fuel tanks explode ripping the plane apart...

Plus the new damage FX: Chunks start flying from the struck airplane, and you can see the pilot bail, the plane spinning to the ground unmanned - where it explodes spilling (potentially damaging !) debris that fades out after say 30 sec.

GVs that burn out from vicious fires... or just stop dead in their tracks. Wreckage along the road.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Damage Model and FX ?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2003, 02:12:54 AM »
Realistic crashes!

The planes crashing in IL-2 or FB, are simply a beauty to see! Turn too hard down low, a wing tip scrapes the ground, the plane pivots and fumbles over - too fast, and it blows up like AH, but when the air speed is really really low, the tumbling sequence, and the pilot climbing out of that plane to escape, is simply cool.

I've tumbled quite a few M-16s and M-3s over hills in AH, andI think the physical model is very good. Tumble, turn, and bounce on hard impact. But unfortunately, then, it just blows up!

It'd be really nice to see that sometimes your plane/GV doesn't just blow up.. seeing aircraft that go into a tumbling crash would rock!

Offline fffreeze220

• Silver Member
Re: Damage Model and FX ?
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2003, 03:32:06 AM »
Originally posted by devious
Any hints on refinements in AH2 ?

My pipe dream: Models contain 3d models of all the internal systems, to be damaged  by halfway-realistically penetrating rounds (it`s not that hard to call a trigonometry function ;) ). Shot wires stop control surfaces. Holes degrade lift and effectiveness. Hydraulic fluid, oil leaks from punctured hoses. Fuel tanks explode ripping the plane apart...

Plus the new damage FX: Chunks start flying from the struck airplane, and you can see the pilot bail, the plane spinning to the ground unmanned - where it explodes spilling (potentially damaging !) debris that fades out after say 30 sec.

GVs that burn out from vicious fires... or just stop dead in their tracks. Wreckage along the road.

Why dont u just say a D-Model like Forgotten Battles ?
Freeze

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Damage Model and FX ?
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2003, 09:58:23 AM »
Because FB doesn't have that level of detail yet.  Its good, very good, but not that good.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-