Author Topic: Where Fur and Strat Collide...  (Read 8976 times)

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Where Fur and Strat Collide...
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2003, 03:41:41 PM »
You MAWS are always causin trouble....I smell a hunt:)

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2003, 03:56:33 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
why did you waste your time with the cv?  you coulda done the same thing with a couple of p47's.    I bet your cv guys weren't begging for you to save them from the mean ol knit cv now were they?

Yep... your 30 minute anal "missun" made me click on another cv or... maybe not.. maybe I couldn't find another good fight... I really don't recall.

I don't even know what country the maw fly ut of... thought they were knits like me?
lazs

P-47's would have meant dive bombing which would have meant a much higher alt to start, and braving the CV's Laser ack in the dive, dropping only 2500lbs each. That would mean even if all 3 pilots hit dead on, we'd still be 500 lbs short of sinking it.

So we used B-26's carrying 16,000 lbs per flight of 3. Level bomb...and that's all she wrote.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2003, 08:58:42 AM »
so what's the problem?  dive four 47's into the deck and if you didn't get it on that suicide run then up 4 more... still couldn't take mre than 10 minutes.  The end result would still be the same... the ever important cv would be ded and you would win the "kill the cv and win the hawiian vacation" prize.

no matter how you sink it the result is the same and if they let you it must be ok so...  do it in the easiest manner and win the prize and the admiration that you so richly deserve.

lazs

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2003, 09:57:06 AM »
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooh! My HEROES!

You guys are just so awesomely heroic and military and all!

Tell me, do you use a webcam for the crew shoe shine inspection on squad nites? Do you fly in your dress uniforms?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2003, 10:08:09 AM »
I hear they kick guys of the squad that won't fly "missuns"...   Didn't know there were that many sim pilots who liked being told, er, "tasked" what to do.
lazs

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2003, 10:17:59 AM »
As you know, I do not advocate, nor do I conduct suicide missions.

And in regard to the comment about kicking people out of the squad, members are only required to fly MAW missions on the 2 squad nights we have.  

If they are online during squadnight, and do not join the MAW missions they are put on probabtion. If the behavior continues, they are dismissed from the squad.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2003, 10:26:56 AM »
Well, I hope there is at least a Court of Inquiry first and then the Court Martial. They do get competent representation from MAW JAG, don't they?

Do their families have to move out of base housing after the Court Martial? I hope you give them at least 2 weeks to gather their belongings and find new lodgings.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2003, 10:36:56 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
Well, I hope there is at least a Court of Inquiry first and then the Court Martial. They do get competent representation from MAW JAG, don't they?

Do their families have to move out of base housing after the Court Martial? I hope you give them at least 2 weeks to gather their belongings and find new lodgings.

*laughs*

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2003, 10:46:09 AM »
Has anyone ever taken their own life after being drummed out of the maw?
lazs

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2003, 10:49:27 AM »
Sure, happens all the time.

We see more loss of numbers through the use of the cyanide pills we hand out. We can't have captured pilots giving away sensitive information, you know.;)

Offline Pepe

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2003, 11:01:33 AM »
Muck, Fur is inherent to Bishops!  :D

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2003, 11:07:48 AM »
muck... I didn't mean the normal suicide rate that you guys have when someone  finaly realizes that they are indeed....a maw....  

I meant do they ever take their own life when they are drummed out?
lazs

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2003, 12:33:09 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
muck... I didn't mean the normal suicide rate that you guys have when someone  finaly realizes that they are indeed....a maw....  

I meant do they ever take their own life when they are drummed out?
lazs

If they don't. we hunt them down and kill them !!!
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2003, 12:34:12 PM »
Originally posted by Rude
You MAWS are always causin trouble....I smell a hunt:)

Oh boy !!! Fun ... Fun ... Fun !!!
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline FortyDog

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2003, 01:26:54 PM »
Laughing my freakin' bellybutton off!!!!!!!

First of all, MAW isn't looking for any glory in this GAME!!!  We are out to have fun plain and simple.

explaination for lazs:

MAW has two squad nights each week.  On these two nights we run missions.  Our missions are solely designed to either defend our country or attack our enemies country.  It just happens the night in question was one of our squad nights.  I noticed an enemy CV near one of our bases and within gun range of our CV, so I tasked the Bulldogs, who are our BOMBER SQUADRON led by MuckMAW, to kill the CV.  He did as I requested and the threat to our base and our CV was nuetralized.  GREAT JOB MUCKMAW AND THE BULLDOGS!!!  

Lazs, I love a good furball.  I've also been semi pissed when a CV has been sunk in the middle of a great furball or should I say turkey shoot since most of the guys lifting off an enemy CV are no more than an easy vulch.  But I also realize that whoever killed the CV was only doing what they should do to eliminate the threat.  Bottomline, oh well it was fun while it lasted.

Lazs and Toad, you guys seemed to have a problem with leadership.  My squad doesn't have your problem.  Two nights out the week we adhere to command.  Five days out the week we freelance.  We have fun.

Oh!  And next time I decide to kill an enemy CV, I'll first check and see if 13th is furbaling, turkey shooting, vulching, wasting a whole lot of freakin' time, etc. at the CV before I kill it.  That way when I kill the CV it'll be all the more sweeter.:D

40DogMAW
M.A.W. Commander And Chief
Marine Air Wing