Author Topic: Need help with sound  (Read 319 times)

Offline ~Pyroman~

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.nightmares.org
Need help with sound
« on: June 27, 2003, 08:47:11 AM »
Ok guys I'm not only having this problem in AH, but I also have it in RVS (Raven Shield) another game I play occasionally.

When I'm playing AH after playing for awhile I get this loud screeching sound. I have to leave the game and come back for it to stop. Then it stops for a short time and does it again. It's like it repeats like a loop too.

Now in RVS when I play that I'll go through certain area's and whatever the ambiant sound is, it intensified 110% and just turns into a squeal. I mean it's deafening. If I leave the area of the ambient sound it goes away.

Anyone know what the problem could be? I thought it was my sound card but I replaced it and still have the problem.

I have a :

1.4 Gig AMD 1600
512DDR ram
Asus A7V266 w/via chipset
Geforce 2 Pro 64mb
Sound Blaster 512PCI

What would cause this? How can I fix it?

Offline Tabasco

• Copper Member
Need help with sound
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2003, 09:16:57 AM »
I have a similar thing that happens in AH (the only game I play :) ) where I'll be flying along and suddenly the outside wind noise becomes super-amplified for like a half of a second, which can sometimes cause me to jump three feet out of my chair.  It started happening after I changed to my current system.  But the sound doesn't loop and there aren't any other ill-effects that I've seen so far.  It's just weird.

AMD 2700 Athlon XP 2.0GHz
512DDR RAM
Asus A7N8X nForce chipset
GeF4 Ti4600 128MB
Onboard nForce sound (with acceleration turned down a notch)