Author Topic: you want me to go on missions? make it fun for me.  (Read 525 times)

Offline Duckwing6

• Copper Member
      • http://www.pink.at
you want me to go on missions? make it fun for me.
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2001, 08:53:00 AM »

Originally posted by lazs:
I'm not big on being a martyr.   I don't pay to suffer

Kind of sounds like that on the BBs tho .. just an observation

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2001, 09:02:00 AM »

If the anal little generals want me to participate in their little scemes then they will have to make it fun for me.

What you fail to understand is that there are people arleady willing to participate in the "little generals" "schemes".  Nobody cares if YOU join or not.

Are you starting to feel left out lazs?

AKDejaVu

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2001, 09:52:00 AM »
lazs, there are some really fun missions made sometimes. Ripsnort does a helluva job designing and carrying out missions that are really fun and sometimes involve a furball or two. The problem is that all the really fun missions that involve really great stuff, like making the airport dudes buy more seat cushions, and the furballs and such, you never join. I think that with you if it doesn't involve several furballs where you have the advantage, you won't go. I understand you're looking for a fight, but these missions are sometimes hella fun...

------------------
semperfi

Everything dead in 30 minutes or less or the next one's free.
-Marines

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2001, 10:55:00 AM »
Hell I agree with both sides on this one.

There should be a way to keep both the furballers the buffers happy.

I still think a central location that cannot be captured and did not count against a country on strat would be ideal for everyone.

Your mission people would still be able to win the war and the furballers could still fly without having to worry about people closing their bases close to the fight.

I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2001, 11:06:00 AM »
Laz, why is it everytime I read one of your posts I get this image in my mind?(and caption)

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2001, 11:07:00 AM »
Hell we always have fun missions.  We had a NOE Lanc run to base 31 the other night...was fricking hilarious.  Or the A6M divebombing raids.  Those are fun too.

I think some of you need to take a break or just do something different in the arena to break up the monotony.  All this complaining is getting ya nowhere.

On another note...what is with the attitude in the MA again?  Is it just me or do some of the newer guys have a little bit of an attitude problem?  I threw up a <S>! to a guy the other night after a fight and got a "dont be too proud of yourself because I suck" as a reply.  Since when is giving a guy a salute after a fight considered bragging on one's self?

AG Sachsenberg

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2001, 11:24:00 AM »

Originally posted by sling322:
Hell we always have fun missions.  We had a NOE Lanc run to base 31 the other night...was fricking hilarious.  Or the A6M divebombing raids.  Those are fun too.

I think some of you need to take a break or just do something different in the arena to break up the monotony.  All this complaining is getting ya nowhere.

On another note...what is with the attitude in the MA again?  Is it just me or do some of the newer guys have a little bit of an attitude problem?  I threw up a <S>! to a guy the other night after a fight and got a "dont be too proud of yourself because I suck" as a reply.  Since when is giving a guy a salute after a fight considered bragging on one's self?

Don't worry sling I was in a 109 at 18k dogfighting a G-10 in my F-4.  Well we were havign a great fight, no one hit each other but great passes were made.  Well another 109 snuck up on my 6 lower bout 2k.  I did a Split S "ok very slow Split-S" and dove on him and hit him a few times. And had to worry about the other 109 who came back around.  I reported on open channel <S> nice fight 109's over 53 I am out of fuel.

And turned for home.  Bam Bam missing wing and I a heading for the ground.  Not a simple <S> or nothing from either one even though the first G-10 would have been dead in another pass since I was on his 6 but the other 109 showed up.  Don't mind 2-1's but would like to see respect for a well fought fight though.

AG Sachsenberg

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2001, 11:25:00 AM »

Originally posted by sling322:

Don't worry sling I was in a 109 at 18k dogfighting a G-10 in my F-4.  Well we were havign a great fight, no one hit each other but great passes were made.  Well another 109 snuck up on my 6 lower bout 2k.  I did a Split S "ok very slow Split-S" and dove on him and hit him a few times. And had to worry about the other 109 who came back around.  I reported on open channel <S> nice fight 109's over 53 I am out of fuel.

And turned for home.  Bam Bam missing wing and I a heading for the ground.  Not a simple <S> or nothing from either one even though the first G-10 would have been dead in another pass since I was on his 6 but the other 109 showed up.  Don't mind 2-1's but would like to see respect for a well fought fight though.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2001, 11:57:00 AM »
 Your mother dresses you funny and your father smelt of elderberries.

(rereads thread title)

Oops .... I thought you said "make fun of me"

Yeah, I agree. Although I'm a "teamwork" kinda guy, it sure doesn't hurt for the game to have some "built in incentive". ShruG

I still have fun, either way, though.

------------------
"You can get anything you want ... at Alice's Restaurant"

-Arlo

Offline ET

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2001, 12:44:00 PM »
The real answer if you are unhappy with the sim you are playing is to sit down,plan and design a new one,spend the time and the money to make it the best you can.Put it on line and promote it to get it accepted by the community.Then sit back and work on the different problems individual players have with your sim.while working new things into it to keep it interesting.Then all you have to do is satisfy the one guy who will never be happy no matter what you do.

Offline Hooligan

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2001, 01:44:00 PM »
ET:

I thought the whole point of this BBS was to solicit customer feedback.  Thanks for clearing that up.  Of course since the BBS is not (as I had erroneously assumed) to be used for customer input, you apparently need to be reminded that you should be off designing a game rather than wasting your time posting here.

Hooligan

funked

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2001, 01:51:00 PM »
I don't want Lazs to go on missions.  He gets lost easily and we have to stop constantly for him to urinate.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2001, 01:54:00 PM »

Originally posted by funked:
I don't want Lazs to go on missions.  He gets lost easily and we have to stop constantly for him to urinate.

They need to add rest areas in this game, but without a clipboard, it may be tough for you to find them...

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2001, 02:03:00 PM »
Anyone who wants laz to participate in missions raise thier hand.

lazs

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2001, 02:11:00 PM »
hmm... whoda guessed this thread would be over anyone (except deja's) head?   Seemed pretty simple really.   If you want me to go on missions then they have to be fun.  I don't go on line to be bored.   certainly there is some small amount of fun in any "mission" it's just a matter of degree I suppose.   Just don't complain when you can't get people to participate if you think things are fine as is.

Now ag..  the chief of the spelling police...  the moron misquotes me.   I find his quoting ability to be filled with all the honesty of the rest of his posts tho.

funked is at least honest... we have been on missions together(long ago in another sim).   he fails to bring up the fact that i had to wake him up to get him to stop at the rest stop.  

I don't really think it's an "us or them" kinda thing unless bombers want to destroy a field in one pass.   If that's the only way they can feel useful then maybe there is no room for em.  
lazs