Author Topic: Is my Vid card kaput?  (Read 330 times)

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
Is my Vid card kaput?
« on: June 29, 2003, 08:19:25 PM »
I seem to be having some problems with my vid card Leadtek Geforce2 GTS in a Epox 8rda+ you see when I try to boot up it lights up the error led after it has posted and nothing comes on  the screen the mainboard status led,not only that but now my CPU is running on idle at 52C when it ran at 48C before . I have to keep turning my PC on and off and then it finally lets it boot up funny thing is if I take out the AGP card it boots normally i.e. it seeks the floppy and you can hear it booting up all the devices I also tried booting the PC up only with the video card and it gave me the same rpboem so apparently it's not a power issue,could it be that the video voltage is Fubared or that my AGP slot is gone?

please help

P.S. before this happened there were several power outtages in my area,so maybe this could have messed it up.

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
Is my Vid card kaput?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2003, 05:10:32 PM »

Offline blackfalcon4

• Nickel Member
Is my Vid card kaput?
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2003, 06:29:05 PM »
Can you try another vid in your pc?
Can you try the vid in another pc?

If you can should narrow it down.

What led are you talking about?, on the mobo or card?

Do you have an internal speaker hooked up?
If so the beeps are the post code.

If vid isn't working, how do you know temps?

Don't think it will help, but try resetting your cmos.

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
Is my Vid card kaput?
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2003, 07:23:59 PM »
Led is on vid card I have to keep turning it on and off until it fimally boots up and the vid card displays after that everything is normal, I tried another vid card a PCI vid card and it boots fine in fact if I take out the AGP vid card it boots even without a vid card Ie. the mobo posts on the onboard mobo led, I tried the vid card alone and it still did the same,my guess are either the AGP slot is porked :( or the Vid card is :D

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Is my Vid card kaput?
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2003, 07:37:56 PM »
Sounds liked the video card went buh-bye.  BUT

Power supply could cause this as well.  If the card that works uses less power, you might be on the edge.  Hard to know for sure.
Me,..I suspect power supplies before silicon, unless the computer gets hit by lightning.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
Is my Vid card kaput?
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2003, 07:59:47 AM »
:-( and it's a new PSU I thought so too but I tried the vid card alone with no other peripherals attached and it did still give me an error led most of the time,until it finally displayed like in the 5th boot and after it boots with all the cards attached it's stable so I don't really know. will see if I can try another PSU or try both vid cards at the same time to discard power issues.

Offline boxboy28

• Gold Member
      • http://none
Is my Vid card kaput?
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2003, 09:51:28 AM »
When i built a system for my POPS i bought a new ANTEC case with a 330watt PS  thig keep rebooting after a load was put on it! After all the other Trouble shooting came to find out it was a faulty PS.
^"^Nazgul^"^    fly with the undead!
Jaxxo got nice tata's  and Lyric is Andre the giant with blond hair!