Author Topic: This just makes me angry!  (Read 1796 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
This just makes me angry!
« on: July 02, 2003, 09:17:50 AM »
One of the bills just recently passed by our state:

Resident tuition: Enhanced House Bill 1079 expands the definition of resident student to include children in undocumented alien families who graduate from Washington high schools and meet certain conditions.

This means the children of illegal aliens(who don't pay taxes) are eligible for free college educations by means of various grants.

No offense, but if you can't enter a country legally, then Golly-geeit you nor your family should be entitled to our tax payers money.  Theres a waiting list for people legally entering the country, and cutting in line is cheating.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2003, 09:27:20 AM »
Cool! can i come to your country, not pay any money and get some college girls while im at it? :D
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2003, 09:30:43 AM »
Originally posted by Furball
Cool! can i come to your country, not pay any money and get some college girls while im at it? :D

Yep.  U.S. = Big Sow....come grab a nipple, our liberal democrats will ensure you pay nothing.

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2003, 10:22:03 AM »
Hey Rip, read a little deeper; it's worse than that.  They said it's includes kids of illegal aliens that graduate from Washington high schools!  I'm doubly disturbed by this, since apparently US taxpayers already footed the bill for their K-12 education.  How the heck do you register a kid in the school system in the first place if you're here illegally (oh, excuse me, I mean "undocumented")?  This is one of the big reasons California's budget deficit for this coming fiscal year is larger then the other 49 state's put together.  CA has made just about every social program and entitlement (a insidious phrase) program on the books available to illegal aliens.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2003, 10:24:20 AM by Sabre »
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2003, 10:22:55 AM »
sorry furball, you have to be a "minority"

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2003, 10:24:10 AM »
what a bunch of crap.

these are the same people in welfare lines and complaining about the economy

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2003, 10:25:33 AM »
Who says illegal aliens don't pay taxes?

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2003, 10:33:19 AM »
I AGREE RIP!  let's all shave our heads and get swastika tattoos and try to ensure that education is only available to pure bloods.  Anything to ensure that the children of migrant workers don't forget their station in life.

Or... we can think back to what this country was based on.

I kinda thought you fancied yourself a patriot rip.  This right here is the fundamental distinction between patriot and nationalist (insert biggot).  Kudos to you for showing your true colors.  Now if you wouldn't mind taking a moment to go outside and piss on that flag you have hanging up, the cycle will be complete.

MiniD

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2003, 10:35:29 AM »
ewwww....

That left a mark.

Offline pugg666

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2003, 10:38:56 AM »
Who says illegal aliens don't pay taxes?

good point, but I'm sure most illegals are working under the table.

Of course they do pay taxes on everything they buy, hell I pay taxes anytime I visit my sister in Boston, and i already hand over at least 45% of my pay to the governement as it is.

I demand my tax return :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyways they are paying taxes in some form and they have come to your country to in most cases escape from a far worse situation. Are they that much of a burden on your system? I don't think they're eligable for welfare (honestly don't know). Seems like your politians are trying to help them.
Btw rip what is the average % you pay in taxes? including sales taxes?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2003, 10:46:02 AM by pugg666 »

Offline GrimCO

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.GrimsReapers.com
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2003, 11:03:39 AM »
"Bring us your tired and huddled masses" makes me proud to be an American.

However, I have to agree that sometimes our generosity knows no bounds. And going as far as calling Ripsnort a bigot for being irritated that his tax dollars are financing college educations for illegal aliens is a pretty pompous thing to say.

I see no problem with illegal aliens attending high school. It is not a child's fault that their parents took them across the border illegally to find a better life in America. However, paying for their college education does not make me happy in the least.

If you think that makes me a bigot,  I think you're a self-righteous fool.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2003, 11:06:18 AM by GrimCO »

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2003, 11:16:26 AM »
So, how exactly do these crafty devils get away without paying any taxes in Washington?  Considering your state has no income tax, they're not evading that.  Beyond that, if they buy gas, rent, phone service, etc. then they pay taxes or are contributing to tax revenue.  Besides, this sounds like an investment to me, just like if it were the kid of a tax payer.  Get them educated, they get a better job, and they pay more taxes.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2003, 11:24:09 AM »
However, paying for their college education does not make me happy in the least.
And where did you read this in Rip's post?

Biggot was spot on.  Imposing a statement like this hints at it.

The law defines "resident"... as in allowing them into certain schools, not paying their tuition.  Or allowing them the same financial break that is alloted to every resident of Washington at Washington schools.

Someone living in the state, that has lived in the state, that contributes directly to the state's economy is a resident.  To say otherwise is to be a .  Maybe I could use the word slave and entitlement instead?

MiniD

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2003, 11:28:12 AM »
You're good at the stretch Mini dork. :) GOTTA give you that...

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/