Author Topic: Frenchy Award <hint of the day>  (Read 1331 times)

Offline seabat

• Copper Member
Frenchy Award <hint of the day>
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2003, 09:19:50 AM »
Fun contest Frenchy.

I was just wondering if you were going to post stats of people who participated at the end of the tour so we can see where we stood.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2003, 01:31:20 PM »
Frenchy now I understand how you beat my LA5 on the deck with your D-30 last month. Last night I just took off, climbed to 2k and a LA7 came roaring up co-alt. I turned started a dive at him and closed at 250knts, he was probebly around 300knts per LA7's. He turned and I turned. Funny thing his E carried him wide and I turned slow inside keeping on his tail. I turned on wep and 1 notch of flaps and just followed him around slowly, my nose always just turning behind him. He finally burned his E and did a flip over on his back stall, then recovered to a dive. I was right there, upped flaps nosed over, at 300d cut his tail and wing off. I did exactly that kind of stall in the LA5 when you cut my tail off too.

We were at 1k when I smoked him. I picked up enough speed to slowly climb out to 10k, take on 3 p51's jabo raidin my feild. Got 1 in a dive, then proceeded to confound the rest doing the slow and low until I just could not keep up with both takin turns at me. I still damaged one's engine but "Machine" in the other smoked me.

If you really want to stall fight folks, take the Jug, it can be done, scares heck outta ya, but is worth it when you smoke the con. Man this is getting Fun Frenchy...I feel an Al Bundy coming on here---->>>>> tee hee hee<<<<<----:D :D :D

Heck by the end of this month I might be able to take on a large flock of geese and make pate'.;)

-bustr-
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline trolla

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2003, 09:35:21 AM »
after some hours in the p47 it seems that i in 50-70 % of my kills I dont see my targets (deflection shots) but it works well.
that plane sure has a nice ammo load.
Only thing is that I spend a lot of ammo hitting nothing aswell :)

Is this a common thing for you p47 jocks ? with that  i mean deflection shots.
I might be "too carful" not following anyone in a turn but snap shot alot instead.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2003, 03:14:04 PM »
I think this contest is a great idea. Unfortunately for me though I'm on vacation a good part of this month so I will not be able to reach the 100 kill plateau.  Still, I will compete just for fun!  I actually managed 9 kills with no deaths before I left town on July 2nd.

Wtg Manetmp, and good luck to all!
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2003, 03:47:22 PM »
leftfoot in a Jug is a beautiful thing to fight against.  I caught him low and slow once tangling with a fellow Knight.  Was just gonna watch, but he kept turning the tables on the poor Knight.  So I'd jump in for the easy kill...  nope.  He'd do something freaky with that Jug and I'd overshoot and whiff on the shot (was Yak-9T.  I can't aim that damned 37mm.)   I think I eventually landed a vodka bottle on him, or someone else got him.  Sheesh, that was a long time ago.  At least 4 or 5 months.  That one just stuck in my head tho as it was one of the few times I saw a Jug flown extraordinarily well.
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2003, 06:14:04 PM »
Frenchy,,,I upped last night with 25% fuel. Wow,,,Jug handeled like a big Spit. Turned well, climbed faster and when it was up to speed, handeled like a Ferrari. Surprised the heck outta another Jug D-25. It never stood a chance. Wow was that cool. Sad though, you got such a short time up with that little fuel.:cool:
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2003, 09:32:23 PM »
Taking off with 25% of fuel is "gaming the game". You cannot pretend being a jug pilot if you just have 25% onboard on the take off roll:D

It's like turnfighting in B17s, off course it can be done, but it's "not the point".
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Manedew

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2003, 06:07:50 AM »
On Deflection shooting:

Few tips that might help you get better shots....

set views to look around nose to forward, left and right (7 & 9).  & Set forward view (8 keypad) to look over nose.  

This will help some but setting up the shot is the real trick...

don't 'chase' an enemy aircraft ... try postioning yourself to come in from 5 or 7 OC not 6 o'clock, fly a parellel path and just "slide" in as distance closes...... con will ethir turn towards or away from you .. most will turn into you as it cuts the angle better.... a faster plane like an la7 may try to turn away and run;I'm assumeing one has E in this situation and would be able to run him down.

at this point set your path to where you'll think he'll be when your at d300 or so ...

do not chase him ... guess where he's going to be

262 is the best practise for this,  you have to setup shots to hit anything ... but setup corectly no amount of manuvering can save em' - even lobbing taters

-also... try approaching an enemy and not turn with them imediately- so they're easier to track over your wing ..... then turn with them as you make your shot so you only lose sight for a moment when you shoot.

---i always take tons of fuel in jug ;)    - flew with a dt in d30 once ... long sortie got 3 kills was running low on fuel so straffe acks and town a bit.... then the cons start upping like mad, is vulch at first but then turns into low level melee, anyway with 600 rnds between two banks and about 25% fuel still picked up 8-9 more kills and flew her home .....   You stay out long enf you get to 25% anyway :D  Love how long the jug can stay out....
« Last Edit: July 12, 2003, 06:18:59 AM by Manedew »

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2003, 03:41:54 PM »
Very good advise mane! thanks,

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2003, 03:57:25 PM »
I just had a 2 week trial that expiered today and i must say... ive been a jug o' holic for the last few years but this has been fun Frenchy :)

ive never had so bad k/d (4/1) in it as now and i did not make over a 100 kills (80) but it has given me the lust back to sign up again, so ill do that in august/september when my vaication is up.

This time i did not use my good old B@Z tactics,.. i got most of my kills doing dogfights and it has given me even more respect and admiration for the jugs. :)

Thx Frenchy, even tho i stole a few kills from ya at A5 the other day

When i sign up again ill reveive the cloud surfers or i may apply for the 56th and see if they will have me.

Anyway.. was a fun 14 days and i hope it will stay that way when i sign up, the break did me a world o good