Author Topic: New Pilot  (Read 857 times)

Offline Toppie

• Zinc Member
New Pilot
« on: July 02, 2003, 06:12:42 AM »
Howdy!   Just wanted to see  how this all works,,works good!   I started out last weekend flying the P38,,,,,found out that it was a lot easier off line than on!   I still plan on flying the P38 but now realize that it is going to take me sometime to learn the in's and outs,,,,,,,was easy off line,,,,lol!   Thanks and a big Salute to Ack Ack for  answering my many "dumb" questions,,,,,,I know that it must be a real pain to spend time answering questions when you are trying to fly,,,,,it was much appreciated!!

Toppie

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
New Pilot
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2003, 07:24:28 AM »
Lots of good people here, & lots of planes to play with.

I love the 38's myself but can't fly em for beans.

Stop into the Training Arena if you have troubles in Main.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
New Pilot
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2003, 04:17:38 PM »
I don't mind spreading the Gospel of the Lightning and enjoy helping those that want to learn that particular plane.

You're right that it's going to take you a couple of weeks before you get used to flying on-line.  In the meantime, in order to get used to the flight model and the Main Arena dynamics, it would probably be a good idea for you to start in a plane that is relatively easy to fly.  It will make getting use to the flight model and learning how to fly much easier for you.  Once you feel you're at the point where you've grown comfortable with your flying, then move on to the P-38.

The plane I'd recommend you start out in would be the Spitfire Mk IX.  It can pretty much fit into any fighting style you have and is easy to fly and forgiving.  You pretty much have to force the plane to do something you don't want it to do.  So don't listen to the Spitdweeb or Dweebfire taunts and whines, the Spitfire is an excellent plane and easy to fly makes it a great training plane.  Once you can turn fight without spinning or entering into an accelerated stall, then it's time to move on to the P-38.

Search this message board for P-38 films that have been posted by the various P-38 drivers in here.  You can learn a lot from those films.

Ack-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Toppie

• Zinc Member
Opps
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2003, 08:42:17 AM »
Thanks Ack Ack for your advice but I made a mistake it was AKAK who helped me out.  Never the less Ack Ack is why I fly the P38. have a bunch of films d/led   AKAK was helping me with some generally dumb questions which I'm sure he must have answered a bunch of times before,,,,,,,,,,So even tho I was wrong on the names(all of these names pretty confusing)  S! to you both !!

Toppie

Offline jonnyb

• Nickel Member
New Pilot
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2003, 09:08:33 AM »
Toppie,

Ack Ack == AKAK

Offline Toppie

• Zinc Member
Doh!
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2003, 09:21:33 AM »
lol,,,,yup guess I am out in left field!!

Toppie

Offline MaddogJoe

• Nickel Member
New Pilot
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2003, 07:21:12 AM »
better than being in the "crapper" !!! :D

Good Luck, and Welcome to Aces High Toppie !

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
New Pilot
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2003, 07:37:48 PM »
Toppie quit already, apparently he got mad when he got killed while in a chute!

:(
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.