Author Topic: Where did you get your call sign?  (Read 14489 times)

Sn1p3r

Where did you get your call sign?
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2000, 04:35:00 PM »
have a hard on for high powered sniper rifles.  The 1 and 3 were added just to be different.  Just so happened that when I started I flew bombers and I hit everything I released on..  

My baby:

and a write up ...
 http://www.remtek.com/arms/steyr/ssg/ssg.htm

-Sn1p3r

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2000, 04:36:00 PM »
 Mine is short for easymoney. A nick I picked up playing pool for a liveing in my mispent youth.

I have often wished they would set up a CC account so that we could gamble. Ive seen a lot of "fun players", in pool.Wo were very good,fall apart when you set a hundred doller bill on the table. People have said they would like for a death to matter more. This might do it .

Online Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2000, 04:40:00 PM »
Heh Easymo, we'll have to play some 8/9 ball at AH con.

P.S.  Bring Money

HaHa

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2000, 04:43:00 PM »
Mine was originally HaHa, that I used when I first got onto CK (aka WB now). I was so excited and happy to be playing the game I gave myself the happiest nick I could think of  

Sometime later people mentioned that there was a LordHaHa in germany during WWII who broadcasted to the allies (music/propoganda etc..). So I changed my name to stay in the wwII theme  

btw citabria how did you do that nifty "picture slide show" in your post ?

[This message has been edited by HaHa (edited 04-28-2000).]

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2000, 04:53:00 PM »
 Sorry Gman,  about 20 years ago,when I was working the road, I left a few grand out in San Jose. I promised the ol, lady i was gettin out of the game. Im to old now anyway. Eye,s are gone. Legs are gone. It will happen to you some day too .

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2000, 04:57:00 PM »
It came to me in a blinding light, flashes of lighting and thunder as the name was hewn out of solid granite as eagles soared high in the crimson sky and lions roared...actually some bloke in work reckoned I drove like a bit of a nutter so the name stuck and I've used it online ever since (was rev1 in WB then later revvin)..boring really but that first bit was as interesting as I could make it  

------------------
Revvin
249 Squadron RAF
Tangmere Wing

Online Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2000, 04:59:00 PM »
Lol I'm knocking on wood already Easy.  You worked the road huh?  Did nothing but play pool and paintball for $$ for about 5 years myself.  My wife will kill me as well if I gamble on pool again.  

I'm still playing amature pool in the BCA/VNEA legues, and usually the team gets a trip to Vegas out of it, but that is now the extent of my pool playing.

As far as my nick, my first name is Garra, and most people had trouble saying/remembering it, so all my paintball buddies just called me "Gman".  Nobody even remembers my name I don't think.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2000, 05:23:00 PM »
Earned myself the Nickname of "Saint" in my old F4 Squad , when I cae her in the Beta there was already a "Saint", so since I was posting on the BB from the office (Shhhhhhhhhhhht!) I went for "Saint At Work  AKA Saintaw"....

Saw is the short for it, & is esier for my mates to type SAW 6666666 than Saintaw  6666 !!!

------------------
Saw/Saintaw
=XO=II/JG2~Richthofen~
GMT T.O.D. SITE

JG2 "Richthofen"
Don't shoot ! I am only an observer......
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Cleaner

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.msn.com
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2000, 05:53:00 PM »
Clean \Clean\, a. [Compar. Cleaner; superl. Cleanest.] [OE. clene, AS. cl?ne; akin to OHG. chleini pure, neat, graceful, small, G. klein small, and perh. to W. glan clean, pure, bright; all perh. from a primitive, meaning bright, shining. Cf. Glair.] 1. Free from dirt or filth; as, clean clothes.

1a. Assasin, Hit-Man, Problem Solver  

2. Free from that which is useless or injurious; without defects; as, clean land; clean timber.

3. Free from awkwardness; not bungling; adroit; dexterous; as, aclean trick; a clean leap over a fence.

4. Free from errors and vulgarisms; as, a clean style.

5. Free from restraint or neglect; complete; entire.

When ye reap the harvest of your land, thou shalt not make clean riddance of corners of thy field. --Lev. xxiii. 22.

6. Free from moral defilement; sinless; pure.

Create in me a clean heart, O God. --Ps. li. 10

That I am whole, and clean, and meet for Heaven --Tennyson.

7. (Script.) Free from ceremonial defilement.

8. Free from that which is corrupting to the morals; pure in tone; healthy. ``Lothair is clean.'' --F. Harrison.

9. Well-proportioned; shapely; as, clean limbs.

A clean bill of health, a certificate from the proper authority that a ship is free from infection.

Clean breach. See under Breach, n., 4.

To make a clean breast. See under Breast.
Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cleaner \Clean"er\, n. One who, or that which, cleans.
Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cleaner n 1: a preparation used in cleaning something [syn: cleansing agent, cleanser] 2: the operator of dry-cleaning establishment [syn: dry cleaner] 3: someone whose occupation is cleaning

Offline MarkVZ

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2000, 06:10:00 PM »
Mark VanZwoll
Just my name condensed.
Pretty lame, eh?  

------------------
Mark VanZwoll
33rd Strike Group

Offline Jase

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2000, 06:14:00 PM »
"JASE" was my childhood invisible friend. I got the name from one of the main characters in the cartoon "Space Ghost".   Now ya know  

------------------
Jase
"To Everything Turn..Turn..Turn"

Offline Camel

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2000, 06:41:00 PM »
Faat was my old WB name until 2.1, then went with Shaker, but stopped playing shortly after.

Lost my password for my old name(Warnin) in DOA beta. I needed to come up with a nutter, so because I flew the F1 camel, Camel it became.

Offline -duma-

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2000, 07:14:00 PM »
My callsign was Lister after the character in the TV series Red Dwarf who is a complete slob with few redeeming features (It was a sort of rebellion against callsigns like Cobra, Viper etc). However, since I got the callsign Red Dwarf went downhill seriously and I wasn't much of a fan of the show any more - a pity, since every @#*&ing 13 year old who loved the show was searching for 'lister' on ICQ and messaging me 'Do u like Red Dwarf?' - About 20 people a week at one point, and I'm not joking! Also about this time I started playing Counter-Strike in the UK and found several Listers, which got a little annoying..

Anyway, since my heart wasn't in that callsign much anymore I needed a switch - I'd just decided to sign up for a pay account with HTC since I heard the Typhoon was coming out soon. I wanted an original name, and since I've admired cheetahs (Which, the fastest land animals, are pretty much like the Tiffie in that respect) I picked what had to be the most unlikely name to be found anywhere else on the internet - the Swahili name for cheetah, Duma.

Now I don't have 13 year olds asking me if I like Red Dwarf - I have people asking me why I named myself after the Russian parliament. Someone gimme a gun  

Oh, in case there are any other Counter-Strikers, due to my incompetence at that game I don't go by Duma (That's only for showing my incompetence in sims), I go by the name Mr.Snipey. You can spot me in Barrysworld or GamesInferno servers, somewhere down the lower end of the score board and constantly making jokes that no-one laughs at. Pretty much like AH  

Offline BD

• Zinc Member
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2000, 07:27:00 PM »
I used to be Salto in WB, because I flew and owned an aerobatic Salto glider for a number of years.  

When I changed accounts in WB, I picked BD because those were the contest letters of my new glider at the time, an LS-4.  Just carried BD over into AH.

Unfortunately, AH has become my only flying (and occasionaly gliding) since I let my BFR lapse last fall.  

Aerotech

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2000, 07:32:00 PM »
Well, when I was signing up for AH I couldn't use any of the 15 or so nicknames I tried. I kept getting the "that nickname is in use" message.

Then my wife came into the room with our crying and fidgeting 2 month old daughter and said, " here, go see your pa."

So that name stuck.  
----------------------
Pa

p.s. I joined this board before I signed up for AH but didn't want to use the aerotech name in the game. hehe