Author Topic: Where did you get your call sign?  (Read 14762 times)

Offline ZXMAW

• Copper Member
Where did you get your call sign?
« Reply #165 on: March 23, 2002, 03:27:59 AM »
My first bike was a 750s V-4 Saber by Honda, was a great Bike. Then GSXR-750 for a few days.... hated it.

ZX-10 By Kawasaki, then found a bunch of guys who liked to ride together and most of us had KAW ZX products so  we were called ZX'ers.  Some of the guys got the tattoo's we liked the name so much. There are only 4 of us left alive today. Only 1 of them died in a motorcycle accident. I crashed my bike with a brand new pair of leathers and never got a new one for some reason. I don't know why exactly but every sping I say the same thing "I want to ride again!"

Offline Bonden

• Nickel Member
« Reply #166 on: March 23, 2002, 06:05:20 AM »
Good Thread!

Started out as "centurion(1)", (my girlfriends nickname for me), in FA1.5. Used "animal1945" (couple of old girlfriends used to refer to me as such - and added birth year) for a bit in FA1.5 also.

Began AH as Elguapo in June or July, but this caused confusion when Elguapo1 came back on the scene. Not wanting to damage his credibility in AH, changed name to Bonden last fall.

I think only Osage and Pongo really know where this one came from.

:D

Offline Witless

• Copper Member
« Reply #167 on: March 23, 2002, 06:45:53 AM »
Arf!

My online id is Trikky, Tricky being taken. My real name is Richard, family call me Rick, friends call me Tricky or Trickster because when the wolves are circling, I can be a little bit devious.

Very dull compared to some, wtg Ouch :)

Offline Wulfmen

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.Blackadders.de
« Reply #168 on: March 23, 2002, 10:41:04 AM »
My Family-Name is Wolf
In germany the Wolf (English Wulf), had many Nicknames, one of those is "ede".
ede comes from ede-Wolf and its fom the gebrüder Grimm.
This is my Nickname over 25 Years now.

i was ede in AW, WB and Ego-Shooters.

greets
ede
Black Adders

Offline Big Mac

• Zinc Member
      • http://None
« Reply #169 on: March 23, 2002, 11:08:54 AM »
A guy who worked for me would come into my office everyday and call me, Big Mac.  It is derived from my last name.  I have been using it since AW.  

I can't tell how many people have asked if I work for McDonalds, btw, I don't.   I have heard all the jokes, "I can't believe I got shot down by a hamburger," or if I get killed, I hear, " I would like some fries with that Big Mac."

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #170 on: March 23, 2002, 05:56:47 PM »
Hi

I be came CAV.... as in U.S. Cavalry... when I first started playing AW on AOL back in 1996.

It was CAV because I was a 19D Cavalry Scout in the Army. That was the good old days, now I am retired from the Army (22yrs) and have to work for a living...

CAV
« Last Edit: March 24, 2002, 10:47:46 AM by CAV »
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #171 on: March 23, 2002, 06:01:02 PM »
First job out of collage, a customer I had been working with on a job sight, calls in and ask for HiTech.

It stuck.

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
« Reply #172 on: March 23, 2002, 08:45:48 PM »
Good thing he didn't ask for the Putz:)

Love sax music and playing AH. Figured I might as well combine the two.

Offline Tub-o-lard

• Zinc Member
« Reply #173 on: March 24, 2002, 01:44:19 AM »
I discovered a meal between breakfast and brunch

Offline ZeroPing

• Copper Member
« Reply #174 on: March 24, 2002, 02:17:53 AM »
I used to be in a HL squad (CS) and the server you played on was VERY close to my house, but it wasnt my server. I had the best ping EVERY time we played....... and once we were all high and i had like 2 ping(lowest number better) they started calling me names and one said ZeroPing so i picked it

Offline mrsid2

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #175 on: March 24, 2002, 02:39:43 AM »
When I originally started playing warbirds, I thought of taking the nickname of the top finnish ace in ww2. Then after consideration though I thought it would be blasphemy and decided to switch to something else.

On the first login screen I had no idea I'd be stuck with the nick I choose forever so I just slapped mrsidley - which was cut to mrsidl and I flew with that name for several months.

People who later got bored being shot down repeatedly started calling me mrs idl.. :)

When I moved to AH I saw an advertisement for the movie 'the talented Mr Ripley' and I hoped the name would be an omen - no such luck though.

Offline mipoikel

• Gold Member
      • http://www.llv32.org
« Reply #176 on: March 24, 2002, 03:11:30 AM »
My real name is Mikko Poikela and gameid mipoikel

Ive thought to change it to MIP. Thats what all are using now..:D
I am a spy!

Offline Durr

• Copper Member
      • http://us.geocities.com/ghostrider305
« Reply #177 on: March 24, 2002, 01:05:56 PM »
Durr is my last name.  I tried getting some of the callsigns and nicknames that I have had in real life but they were all taken, such as:

Tex-- When I first left home I went to Illinois.  Because I drove around in a 4x4, wore boots, a leather belt with buckle, and a hat (yes ripsnort I earned mine) all the Yankees up there called me Tex.  I am actually from Louisiana, but to them anybody that wore a cowboy hat and boots was from Texas.  Besides I figured that if I protested to much about being from Louisiana (a much superior state ;)  ) they might start calling me Louise!

Farmer-- Later, when I returned to Louisiana and started college at Louisiana Tech University, I joined AFROTC.  I was in the honor guard and everybody in the honor guard had a nickname.  Mine was Farmer, because I had an incredible farmers tan on my arms, from several years of raking hay on a open topped tractor with my sleeves rolled up.  The colors have evened out some now, but at the time it was like, major tan below the elbow and pasty white above.  

Sleepy-- After I was commissioned 2lt in the USAF, I was sent to Navy Air Station Pensacola to flight school to become a strike navigator.  Everybody in the military aviation community quickly acquires a starter  callsign which may or may not stick, until they do something truly memorable which guarantees them a nickname for life.  Initially,  I was dubbed Sleepy because I fell asleep in a particularly long ground school class (I wasnt the only one, lots of nicknames were given that day for the same reason like Sandman etc.)  That nickname didnt stick very long because it doesnt fit me very well.  Im almost finished with flight school, (will get winged in August or Sept) and have managed to avoid getting a permanant callsign so far.  If and when I get tagged with one for real, and its only one stupid mistake away, I will probably change my AH callsign.

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #178 on: March 24, 2002, 01:39:33 PM »
Well my nickname back at college was thriller (we all know the song:D ) due to my name being similar to michael jackson.  

When i first started playing RS i was known as thrilla killa (i wanted to sound like a double hard B$%$"&D....heheh).  Overtime it shortened to just thrilla- and once more to just thrila as i'm now known today.
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Drunky is Yknurd spelled backwards
« Reply #179 on: March 24, 2002, 04:14:05 PM »
Mine is easy to 'splain...

I'm usually thinking of drinking, drinking or drunk while playing :p

Always a twelve pack of Bud Light next to my desk while I'm flying.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High