Author Topic: Blame Me and the RJO  (Read 1928 times)

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
Blame Me and the RJO
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2003, 12:11:11 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
guess so but...  still rather run into guys that put up a memorable fight.
lazs

LOL!  
Yeah, I like a good fight too.   I did take a P40 and did have a good fight (even if I ended up losing vs a LA7 & a 109) a couple days ago.  probably the best one of the tour.   It was fun and Ill remember it for a while.

BUT... the Super Strat run will stand out for me much longer..  

Must be my Bug type Brain  ;)

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
Blame Me and the RJO
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2003, 12:19:00 PM »
Rad1,

Thanks for the compliment.   It was more fun than you can imagine putting it all together and pulling it off.  

Im glad to here your comments,  Thats IMHO one of the primary functions of doing Joint Ops.   You get to know your fellow countrymen better and meet a few you might not know.  

Then after linking up for something like this, you see those guys you worked with and feel the need to say Hi or clear there six if you see them in trouble.    It tends to build new friendships outside your squad.  

Thanks to the RJO Iv built alot of freindships with darn near every CO and XO of rooks squads,  Iv gotten to know there key folks also.   If Im up on an off night and want to link up for a mission,  I just start asking and Iv got many invitations to fly along.  I met hundreds of good people all stemming from joint ops.  

Thats what community is all about...  again it must be my Buggy old brain...   ;)

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
Blame Me and the RJO
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2003, 12:33:55 PM »
yep... niffty get's it..  really surprises me that so many don't.   wishful thinking has a lot to do with it I suppose... that and denial.
lazs

The ones who "get it", lassie, are the ones who have fun with their friends.  Not the whiners, like you.

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
Blame Me and the RJO
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2003, 01:13:02 PM »
... I don't think I have ever heard of any of those sqauds except maybe ghosts because their sig is so blatant.

we recognize the same squads.. the others are insects suited to "joint opps"

lazs

Hmmmm... that's ironic as we were busily hammering radar, etc.  I mentioned that "Laz would hate this."  

Several mission members simply replied... "Who is Laz?  Never heard of him."  :rolleyes:
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
Blame Me and the RJO
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2003, 10:06:40 PM »
Originally posted by Alpo
"Who is Laz?  Never heard of him."

Ba-da-BOOM!      

Heheheeee...

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Blame Me and the RJO
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2003, 08:24:20 AM »
they are unlikely to run into me if they never leave the hive.
lazs

Offline AVRO1

• Copper Member
Blame Me and the RJO
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2003, 06:52:18 PM »
lazs

Good for them, that way they wont hear you whinning :D

Offline TheManx

• Copper Member
      • http://4wingonline.com
Blame Me and the RJO
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2003, 09:11:26 PM »
Not that it would twig anything with you, as you're more intent on studying yourself rather than the going on's of others, but the 4 Wing Squadrons are a combination of my two squads the 416 Lynx and 441 Silver Fox.

Offline K-KEN

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
Blame Me and the RJO
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2003, 01:35:34 AM »
Lemme see......"run into me", as in HO?  I'd love to.  If you are not a ROOK, I would be honored to duel you in any setting you should choose.  Your choice of plane.  My only rule, equal plane, equal fuel and loadout, and equal altitude.  Merge is a NO fire on first pass.  After that, anything goes.  May the best dweeb win! I will film it too.  And if you cheat, I will link it here for all to know.
Make my decade! PUNK! (in Dirty Harry Voice)
(if you are a ROOK, I respectfully withdraw the challenge-I don't fight against rooks and never fight a fellow cutthroat.  It's a code of ethics we adhere to and live by.)

lazs

K-KEN

http://www.cutthroats.com/

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Blame Me and the RJO
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2003, 08:09:24 AM »
kkkken... I fly about every night between 6-8 pacific.  I am very easy to find.   I will be happy to fight you any time you like.  My only rules are.... there are no rules.   All you have to do is find the furball I am at and jing in and try to kill me.   It's not hard... every 3rd person or so does it.   I cheat so well tho that you won't be able to see it even on film..  It costa a little extra every month to buy the special "veteran cheats" from HTC but it's worth it I think.

"Not that it would twig anything with you, as you're more intent on studying yourself rather than the going on's of others, but the 4 Wing Squadrons are a combination of my two squads the 416 Lynx and 441 Silver Fox."

still never heard of any of you guys.   where do you hide?  

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline TheManx

• Copper Member
      • http://4wingonline.com
Blame Me and the RJO
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2003, 12:39:54 PM »
still never heard of any of you guys. where do you hide?

Usually on your 6.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Blame Me and the RJO
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2003, 12:59:19 PM »
well... next time you are there take a shot or just say hi..

lazs

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Blame Me and the RJO
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2003, 01:28:54 PM »
ya know... I don't think I have ever heard of any of those sqauds except maybe ghosts because their sig is so blatant.
lazs

Its nice to know that Lazs has never heard of me. :p

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
Blame Me and the RJO
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2003, 08:04:09 PM »
Originally posted by muckmaw
Grimm-

You and the rooks did a great job in strategic planning an execution. I had alot of fun, though at times it was frustrating, but mostly, it was blood pumping action.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how you pulled off such a monumental task, and I only wish the next time you pull this, the Knights and Bish have equal numbers to really give you a run for your money.

Any chance we can get Rip to come out of retirement and plan a KJO night for the next RJO?

Muck,

Iv been thinking about this and it would be alot of fun to H2H in the SEA.   I hope we can work this out some time in the future.

BTW, Met some Maw here at the CON... good folks!

HT seemed to get a real kick out of some guys actually flattening the strat system.   thats what it was built for.

Offline F4i

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ghost-squadron.org/main/frame.html
Blame Me and the RJO
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2003, 08:45:11 PM »
ya know... I don't think I have ever heard of any of those sqauds except maybe ghosts because their sig is so blatant.
lazs

Lazs,
If you're talking about the =GHOSTS=, I'm not sure how we're "blatant."  

But, if you're talking about Ghost Dancer's squad, I have no comment other than we respect the Nightmares.  :D

F4i