Author Topic: Wishlist for Christmas in AH  (Read 1293 times)

Offline blitz

• Silver Member
Wishlist for Christmas in AH
« on: December 10, 2000, 05:57:00 AM »
Hossa all,

what i would really like to see in AH is:

1.Random failure of plane parts e.g. engine is losing oil, quits completely ,gear falure without combat dammage,a .s. o.
2.Wings or parts go off under heavy G-load after you've taken hits before in it.
3.Gun jamming after spay & pray use + gun jaming just for no reason.
4.1or more bombs in the belly of your B-17 refuse to drop.
5. Hard to aim effect due to gun recoil after losing steerboard guns at planes like f4u c + 190a5.
6. Increasing lost of frontview if you have an oilleak.
7.Dammage modelling of hits in the hydraulic
system, if the plane has a hydraulic sytem at all or dammage in the steering cables.
8. More LW planes  especially 190 D9
9.Correctly modelled rear view of 109 --
It had none!

blitz out  

Ps.apologize for my poor english plse

[This message has been edited by blitz (edited 12-10-2000).]

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2000, 07:29:00 AM »
I think the random aspects you mention would get very irrating, very quickly. For instance, I'm sure it wouldn't be very funny if after 15 minutes climbing to 20k, your engine quits or you find your guns have jammed.

The other points are good ones. Damaged wings falling off under stress would be nice, an oileak obscuring the windscreen would be very nice and a damaged hydraulic system would be ace.  

BTW, B17-II models an oil leak really well. The windscreen gets bloches of oil on it and eventually it is completely opaque.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline LLv34_Snefens

• Nickel Member
      • Lentolaivue 34
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2000, 07:43:00 AM »
#5 already present. Of course if we had gunjams you would encounter this more often.
Snefens, Lentolaivue 34.

"Luck beats skill anytime"

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2000, 07:56:00 AM »
Good list, except #4 has already been present in Warbirds for about two years now, and trust me, we don't want the "last bomb refuses to drop" bug.

If I could wish for one thing, just one thing, it would be a more complex damage model. Engine oil and hydraulic fluid spray on the windhshield, sputtering engines, visible fires, etc...

If I could wish for two things, I'd like to see gun jams for people with a heavy trigger finger, kind of like the way Red Baron handled it. This feature seems very long overdue.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2000, 09:10:00 AM »
1. Would count as massive whine flood
2. Sometimes it feels like those parts gets weaker against G-forces when hit...
3. Choggers and niksters would love this feature    (although, we dont need random jammings, just for the spray thanks.)
4. same as 1.
5. theres already - I still remember when my tiffie had only left side guns wroking, it bounced sight alot
6. This is nice in B-17 II, though, I doubt it will work with AH's engine as soon as christmas
7. I think we would need to have partially damaged control surfaces first (yes/no damage modelling sucks)
8. Something that would be compentive in historical scenarios would be nice (read: high altitude fighters to kill those +30k gangsters)
9. Can I have the cockpit from B-17 II instead?

Offline Sancho

• Silver Member
      • http://www.56thfightergroup.com
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2000, 09:25:00 AM »
Here's my list:
[list=1]
  • Improved atmospheric effects.  Weather patterns with decreased visibility, more *CLOUDS* (i.e. cloud layers, solid overcast over my country's HQ     ), contrails, wind.
  • Night... if only for a few minutes.
  • Warning before compression... buffeting, etc.
  • No more ammo counters in planes that didn't have them.  Add option for tracers only in last 200 rounds or so to let you know you're at the end.
  • More aircraft variants, including a razorback jug.    
  • Command to squelch channel 2 (.squelch 1 works, why not .squelch 2??)... useful for squad ops and scenarios when you want to tune out excessive noise, or even hide the message buffer completely--could still be visible in films to find out whom you killed or killed you.
  • Skins and customizable letters on aircraft.  Not necessarily a different skin for each player, but 3 or 4 different skins for each aircraft selectable in the hangar.  And my plane will have different letters on the side from my squadies.
  • [/list=a]

[This message has been edited by Sancho (edited 12-10-2000).]

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2000, 09:26:00 AM »
"BTW, B17-II models an oil leak really well. The windscreen gets bloches of oil on it and eventually it is completely opaque."

There are no engines in FRONT of a B17 for the oil to come back onto the windscreen. Seems for a game to be touted as a hardcore B17 flight-combat sim that feature is pretty much a "Hollywood" to me.

Random failures? I used to be for it. But folks are right. I do not want to waste time getting to alt and then the eng siezes at 25K. In scenarios? Maybe. In a MA environment? NO way.

-Westy

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2000, 12:51:00 PM »
random failures suck

1 failure that would be nice that is not really random would be gun jams, in guns that had this problem excessive shooting and barrel heating could lead to jamming, especially while shooting at high G

but thats the only failure i would want to see...

other stuff?

sancho is a smart man, i like his stuff  

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2000, 05:19:00 PM »

Originally posted by Westy:
"BTW, B17-II models an oil leak really well. The windscreen gets bloches of oil on it and eventually it is completely opaque."

-Westy

Westy, Dowding did not specify that the oil coats the windshield of the 17...  B17-II does model fighters ya know!!

AKSKurj

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2000, 06:14:00 PM »
Westy, Skurj is right, I was talking about the fighters. I saw it in a P-47 and it was really cool to watch - the whole fuselage goes black.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline BBGunn

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2000, 06:27:00 PM »
How about "spellcheck" in the bulletin board.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2000, 08:12:00 PM »
Um. Big error.  Don't mind me. I'm moving along now... Sorry bout that.  

-Westy

funked

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2000, 08:24:00 PM »
Improved damage model for ground vehicles.

I.e. firing MG straight down into driver's seat of half track or turret of Ostwind should turn the crew into hamburger.

Likewise the AAA gun position on the Panzer should be easily disabled by hits from any caliber of gunfire.

Also the armor seems strange.  5 AP hits to Panzer turret sides won't kill it sometimes, but a single AP hit to the lower front hull kills on the first hit every time.  Hell, 150 rounds of .50 cal to the lower front hull will kill the tank at point blank range.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2000, 08:45:00 PM »
what sancho said

Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
      • http://nope.haha.com
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2000, 08:51:00 PM »