Author Topic: arghhh  (Read 387 times)

Offline acepilot2

• Silver Member
arghhh
« on: July 12, 2003, 04:33:04 PM »
I am requesting a change in the kill and assist thing and whine about the current one. I think the kill should go to whoever gets the 10-20 amount of shots on the airplane. Today while defending a base I was right on a 109's six.  I landed probably about 20 shots into him, but the plane still refused to go down. I knew that his wing or tail was about to go any second.  I was about to pull the trigger to land 2 more shots in him to finish him off, but suddenly an la7 zooms past my p38, lands five shots into hi, blows his wing off, and gets the kill.  Okay yeah I'm whining and I know that its tough luck and I should be able to live with it.  While it is tough luck, after having it happen to me at least 20 times now I am getting pretty ticked off about stolen kills.  In AH2, I would like to see whoever gets the first 20 shots on the plane get the kill, not the one that rips the wing off.  Also, I understand that currently it will say "so and so landed 4 victories in a bla bla bla"  Is it a possibility it can say "so and so landed 2 assists?"  I am just getting annoyed about la7 and spit dweebs going 400 mph past my plane destroy the plane that I have already beaten and battered, stealing my kill.  Or maybe instead of having a plane get a certain amount of shots, possibly whoever gets 75% or more of the shots into the plane gets the kill.

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
arghhh
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2003, 05:40:29 PM »
I wonder if you could actually claim a kill of that plane if it was the real WW2.
I think the RAF would have given the LA7 pilot and you a shared kill. The germans would have given the la7 pilot the kill.The Americans would have claimed 2 aircraft shot down :D hehe joke! joke!

naa seriously, I think AH would be cool if it gave a shared kill for any kill that has been fired on by more than one aircraft and a kill if only one has hit it. This might sound really bad but think about it, if the kill stealing types didnt get the 'You have killed blah blah #1' but instead 'You have shared in victory' it wont be so appealing to try to finish off someone elses kill.

Hopefully they will want those kills so bad that they will find their own enemy to fight and leave others to their fight more.Plus people will tend to get annoyed at anyone who blatently tries to steal and soon these players will get known for it and told often to stop. Eventually they will want to get their own kills rather than have every countryman telling them to find their own.As it is now theres nothing but reward for the kill stealer, ie he either gets the kill or at worst an assist.If it was shared theres not much appeal to stealing a kill, you get no accolade like "so-and-so landed # kills", at least not unless they kill one on their own.

might work.then again it might cause the end of AH hehe.
what we should remember is in WW2 pilots couldnt be 100% sure they got the kill and so if they couldnt claim sole responsibility for the kill it was shared.also kills had to be confirmed to be awarded on the record.
This would also make kill totals a little less/lower and more reflect the real scores.when you think the top allied pilots in WW2 only scored like @40 kills in the few years they flew, our scores of hundreds of kills a month sound a bit over the top.I guess we see a lot more action but it would be good i think to encourage players to 'find their own fights'
« Last Edit: July 12, 2003, 05:44:38 PM by hazed- »

Offline 2Hawks

• Nickel Member
      • http://daniel.clanbaker.com
Another Kill Bug --
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2003, 01:26:12 PM »
I have noticed when Shooting GV's with MG I amy not damage them, but I have found that if I put enough MG on a GV and someone comes with a 1 or 2K bomb, I get the kill.

I found it's a great way to get GV kills without having any Ord. :)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
arghhh
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2003, 04:05:06 PM »
It's obvious that your hits did very little, if any damage to the plane you were trying to shoot down.  On the other hand, the La7 that stole your kill obviously did more damage since he got the credit.

The moral of this story is to learn how to shoot better so you can kill the enemy before someone comes and steals it from you.

Ack-Ack
« Last Edit: July 14, 2003, 12:44:20 AM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
arghhh
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2003, 10:42:52 PM »
Fly the Spitfire Mk Ia or Hurricane Mk I.

This will solve your problem with getting assists and you will get the kills instead.

The C.202, Bf109E-4 and A6M2 are also pretty good choices for this.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline HeLLcAt

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/xiZm04
arghhh
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2003, 10:50:04 PM »
First of all - LEARN HOW TO SHOOT! If you use the P38 you have plenty of firepower and work on blowing someone's wing off. You can't help another teammate trying to steal a kill. Secondly, if you say oh you landed 2 assits and you also have 5 kills, the board would read HOST: HiTech has landed 3 kills in F4U-4 and 1 assist in F4U-4 of whatever squad. That is wayyyy too long!

Offline acepilot2

• Silver Member
arghhh
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2003, 09:54:46 AM »
It's obvious that your hits did very little,

No, the guy was smoking both fuel and engine, and the way he was flying I think i blew his elevators off.  He was crippled, and I was about to go for the finishing shot.

Offline fats

• Copper Member
arghhh
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2003, 01:15:21 PM »
The current implementation gives the kill to the person who delivers the most damage. In other words exactly what you asked for.

// fats

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
arghhh
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2003, 04:21:11 PM »
Originally posted by acepilot2
No, the guy was smoking both fuel and engine, and the way he was flying I think i blew his elevators off.  He was crippled, and I was about to go for the finishing shot.

The reason why you didn't get full kill credit and only got an assist is because you didn't inflict enough damage to warrent the kill, while the plane that got the kill credit did.

The damage system isn't hit point based, meaning you need XXX amount of hits to destroy a plane, so just because you may have it the target 50 times and them some La7 comes along and blows it up in 1 shot doesn't mean you should get the kill credit.

Ack-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
arghhh
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2003, 08:50:46 PM »
Errrmmm the current system is abit flawed....

It is possible to render an aircraft unflyable, and then have someone fly in and do more total damage and take the kill.

I've always felt the kill should be awarded the moment the aircraft is unflyable... but hey....

SKurj

Offline Rutilant

• Silver Member
arghhh
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2003, 10:51:49 AM »
That's actually a cleverly masked whine about La7s and N1Ks