Author Topic: Apols to Bishops and squaddies  (Read 149 times)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Apols to Bishops and squaddies
« on: July 15, 2003, 09:00:47 AM »
Yesterday afternoon, the Rooks were down to 2 bases, and were being hammered by the knits. I had just taken a Bish PNZR to their city, which was already flat when I got there. I could see some knit buff formations there, so thought thought it would be a good opportunity to change to Rook, and try out the turbo-GTi version of the LA7 - the Me163B. Is it a plane or is it a rocket!!! Was fun, but pretty soon, the fuel at the 163 base was porked to 25%. Hehe - a 163 with 25% fuel - LOL - was enough to take off, and land almost immediately.

After the reset, I went to change back to Bish, but was told I'd have to wait another 704 minutes! I didn't know about that minimum time interval between side switches, as I very rarely change sides. But I fully support it, and had long suggested something like that in *that other game*, where they eventually imposed a 1 hour minimum interval.

On the down side, the Rooks were pushed to the left side of the map, and had no-one to fight but Bishops, who occupied the middle. I had to choose between sitting out the evening, or fighting Bish. I fought Bish, but I'm afraid I shot down some good flying pals, and even a squaddy. I was purple with embarrassment. Oh well, nothing I could do...

I'm pleased to say that next time I fly (tomorrow) I'll be Bish once more. Please accept my apologies for yesterday!

One thing I noticed though. The Bish are every bit as bad as any other team at steamrollering and LA7 vulch fests. I started the film recorder as I lay in the tower, quivering under my bunk, and played it back later to see who the culprits were. Hmmmm... Yeeeeessss... <= (in Jeremy Paxman voice) The less said the better! I'd better delete that film...

Offline WestyAH

• Copper Member
Apols to Bishops and squaddies
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2003, 09:06:51 AM »
"The less said the better! ..."

Sounds good. ;)  

Can we deliver the beating now?