Author Topic: Hosting a game  (Read 281 times)

Offline Matt1221b

• Copper Member
Hosting a game
« on: July 18, 2003, 03:01:44 PM »
i need help hosting a game, when i try to host... whoever tries to join(like my friends) they cant get in, like its one of those times where you click the server and it freezes up and goes back to the log-in screen, anyone know how i can get to host. i turned off all my firewalls but someone said to me that it was the router, how do i fix this because i really want to host in H2H

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
Hosting a game
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2003, 03:09:40 PM »
If you are on a router, either open the ports skuzzy has listed in the Sticky. Or make yourself the DMZ host, to allow to send/recieve all packets.

Offline Matt1221b

• Copper Member
Hosting a game
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2003, 03:23:01 PM »
and how do i do that, im a little computer-illitaerate when it comes to stuff like this, but i am pretty good with computers, but all that stuff, just not my subject... so how do i do that

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
Hosting a game
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2003, 03:39:23 PM »
If you have never changed any settings on the router, then find the IP to the router, can't remember what the default is. Depends on what router you are using. If you are using a linksys router, the default IP is http://192.168.1.1 then type in admin for the username and password.  Then go into the options, find DMZ host, and put in your IP. Voila

Offline Matt1221b

• Copper Member
Hosting a game
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2003, 03:45:20 PM »
i have no idea where to find this stuff, can y ou explani it to me like step by step on where to find the IP adresses and router stuff,

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
Hosting a game
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2003, 03:51:33 PM »
Starting off..What router do you have I can't help you much if I don't know. Secondly, depending on what OS you are using, I think winipcfg works to find your gateway IP or router IP.  Once you find that out, type it in the URL and supply your username and password. If you have not done this, then you should look up the default information for your particular router.

Offline Matt1221b

• Copper Member
Hosting a game
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2003, 03:52:36 PM »
I have no idea what type of router i have, i just know that i have one and its stopping me from hosting, where do i find out what kinda of router i have?

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
Hosting a game
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2003, 03:53:38 PM »
lol, you can't look and see? when I say look I mean physically, I look about 3 feet down the computer desk and I see mine :D

Offline Matt1221b

• Copper Member
Hosting a game
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2003, 03:55:58 PM »
well i just asked my dad and he said that we have a lyncsus or something like that, but i looked at the thing and it says SMC on it so i have windows XP, where do i go to change this stuff, if it would be eaiser we could talk on aol or AIM or MSN if you have it, my screen name is DopeFelon1 and msn its matt1221b@hotmail.com but anyway thanks for the help but i need it so if u could tell me that i could stopp bugging you ;)