Author Topic: Is it true No New Planes in AH two....  (Read 310 times)

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
Is it true No New Planes in AH two....
« on: July 21, 2003, 01:30:28 AM »
Say it aint so.....

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2003, 01:39:53 AM »
I'm sure that's in reference to only the release of the AH2 beta, they probably want to get the existing plane set all in and working before adding new planes or vehicles.

Ack-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2003, 02:00:14 AM »
brady,

Remember that they are redoing, to one degree or another, the art and FM of every aircraft in AH.

Also remember that Pyro said the new system they came up with will allow them to add new aircraft much faster.

So while AH 2.0 might not have any totally new airframes, AH 2.01 should be along faster than 1.10 followed 1.09 and should bring in several new airframes.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline F4i

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ghost-squadron.org/main/frame.html
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2003, 02:28:44 AM »
This is starting to sound like the 'ol Kesmai days...  :rolleyes: :confused:   The next release is gonna be a big one...lots of improvements...more of this and that...in just 2 weeks...

lol

F4i

Offline WestyAH

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2003, 08:20:07 AM »
*IF* AH-II is just a new application of fresh lipstick to AH, as AW-2 (and then AW-3) were to the essentially unchanged basic AW,  then I'll have to agree F4i.  

I'm hoping that AH-II has a lot more features added to what AH has now.  The re-examination and fine tuning of the FM is one good sign it's already more.  Along with that I hope comes a much more complex damage model as wel as other items such as cloud refinements, metric guages, realistic ammo counters and more engine/aircraft management  features.  (w/automation options on those for the Nancyboys of course.  ;)  

Btw nothing anyone at HTC has said has lead me to believe they are adding more features. It's just my wish.  We'll find out soon enough I imagine.

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2003, 08:59:07 AM »
Originally posted by WestyAH
*IF* AH-II is just a new application of fresh lipstick to AH, as AW-2 (and then AW-3) were to the essentially unchanged basic AW,  then I'll have to agree F4i.  

I'm hoping that AH-II has a lot more features added to what AH has now.  The re-examination and fine tuning of the FM is one good sign it's already more.  Along with that I hope comes a much more complex damage model as wel as other items such as cloud refinements, metric guages, realistic ammo counters and more engine/aircraft management  features.  (w/automation options on those for the Nancyboys of course.  ;)  

Btw nothing anyone at HTC has said has lead me to believe they are adding more features. It's just my wish.  We'll find out soon enough I imagine.

id agree id also like to see features added. (better mission planner for one)

However, it seems to me that HTC have only shown us the P51D in its new model and this leads me to believe they havent had the time to even redo all the EXISTING planeset.

I suspect very strongly brady thatt the japanese planeset has been put on the backburner compared to the european planes as that is where AH2 TOD will be set i think.

I have a sneaking suspision though that the new FM and DM should keep us all busy for quite a while, while we learn its ins and outs.

lets hope so anyhow. That shot of the p51 wing has me a little worried concerning the landscape. I was hoping for a beautifully rendered ground, where vehicles would be much more realistic. Ie no silly pyramid like mountains and vertical hills we can roll at 100mph down. Seems i may have hoped for too much.