Author Topic: Patriotic act  (Read 553 times)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Patriotic act
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2003, 03:10:19 PM »
Liberal boobies kick conservative boobies prettythang!!

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
Patriotic act
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2003, 03:13:14 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
Liberal boobies kick conservative boobies prettythang!!

Well, you are right on this one. For once, they're more likely to be exposed :)

Offline crowMAW

• Silver Member
Patriotic act
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2003, 05:14:18 PM »
Originally posted by Rude
What civil liberties of yours have been violated? What can you not do now that you once could prior to the patriot act?

I cannot be secure in my person, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures because I would be denied due process to challenge a warrant issued by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court as prescribed by the Patriot Act.

Some may feel this is trivial and is merely hand wringing.  Personally, I do not trust politicians to do the right thing when surrendering my Constitutional rights to them.  And I have seen too many abuses by law enforcement to trust that they will be more concerned with learning the truth than with convicting a suspect.

I am an avid proponent of all the rights we have been given and I want to guard them jealously...including the 2nd Amendment.  But, I find it oddly curious that many of the people on this forum who would trivialize the loss of rights outlined in the Patriot Act would probably go ape toejam should the Feds try to pass a law requiring all firearms be registered and all firearm owners be licensed.  They would cry "SLIPPERY SLOPE...SLIPPERY SLOPE".  And some trusting sheep herded by Washington would ask a question very similar to what we have above: How would registration and licensing take away one's right to bear arms?