Author Topic: H2H ban idea  (Read 324 times)

Offline Kevin14

• Silver Member
H2H ban idea
« on: July 22, 2003, 12:17:43 PM »
If any of you have ever played Half-life/a mod of Half-life, you might recall a list on the host's computer of WonIDs (unique number to every player) who are abusive, cheaters, lamers, etc.  But since in AH it is difficult to change your game ID, this list would only hold names, not numbers.  So when a host bans someone, (maybe a .ban xxxxx) it puts their name on the .cfg so if they try to rejoin the server, it will not let them.  

Just an idea for maybe 2.10 or some future version since, if I recall correctly, they will not be adding new features for 2.0 that haven't been already.

Offline Inferno

• Copper Member
H2H ban idea
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2003, 02:49:48 PM »
Then what can you do with NewUs?

I really don't understand why we have NewUs anyway...

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
Re: H2H ban idea
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2003, 03:42:03 PM »
Originally posted by Kevin14
If any of you have ever played Half-life/a mod of Half-life, you might recall a list on the host's computer of WonIDs (unique number to every player) who are abusive, cheaters, lamers, etc.  But since in AH it is difficult to change your game ID, this list would only hold names, not numbers.  So when a host bans someone, (maybe a .ban xxxxx) it puts their name on the .cfg so if they try to rejoin the server, it will not let them.  

Just an idea for maybe 2.10 or some future version since, if I recall correctly, they will not be adding new features for 2.0 that haven't been already.

brilliant idea !!!!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2003, 04:29:34 PM by ramzey »

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
H2H ban idea
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2003, 04:22:57 PM »
Ramsey,

he wants it for his H2H server, not for the MA.  All he wants is a local file listing either player IDs or IPs that would not be allowed to connect to his H2H server, no-one elses, just his.  

If I operated an H2H server regularly I'd want the same thing.  

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
H2H ban idea
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2003, 04:29:01 PM »
so his right:)

sorry kevin

Offline Ike 2K#

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
H2H ban idea
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2003, 04:44:24 PM »
Originally posted by Inferno
Then what can you do with NewUs?

I really don't understand why we have NewUs anyway...

we use them as flying targets:D