Author Topic: Ripsnort  (Read 556 times)

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Ripsnort
« on: July 19, 2003, 08:50:02 PM »
Please give me some product recommendations for interior detailing.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Ripsnort
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2003, 09:38:35 PM »
Ahh yes, interior decorating tips.  You two should just get it over with and screw.  :p

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
Ripsnort
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2003, 09:59:01 PM »
Plaid is in this year, as well as guacamole green shag carpet and golden harvest appliances.  Wrought iron is always good too.

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
Ripsnort
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2003, 10:19:18 PM »
Funked, there is something for rims called "Super Clean", take the one with the yellow tip. It worked wonders on my Formula's interior "blaken white seat due to old age".

Watch out, here is how to apply:

Wet a clothe, spray the thing on the cloth, mop a small area once, take an another wet clothe and immidiatly mop the area where the product is. Then dry with a wet clothe.

Works great, but if you screew up, this wheel cleaner will eat the seat and/or remove the leather/vinil paint.:D

disclaimer:
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Ripsnort
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2003, 07:58:30 AM »
Funked, leather or leatherette?

I have leatherette since most people can't tell the difference (BMW's leather is one of the crappiest on the market, not worth the extra $$ for the 3-series)

I use Griots for interior stuff.  Their interior cleaner is some of the best on the market, and the Rubber and Vinyl dressing tops it to give it UV protection that products like Armour All do not.

Brick and Mortar stores carry a fine interior Meguiars product called Meguiars Vinyl and Rubber cleaner.

Probably the most oft-recommended product goes to 303 Aerospace Protectant.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Ripsnort
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2003, 08:23:32 AM »
Incidently, if you want to get a good feel of a broad range of Griots products or are basically looking for one-stop shopping, I highly suggest theGriots Starter kit.  The only thing I'd add is Griots Carnauba, I don't like their liquid wax, no matter how little you use, it can be a squeak to get off!

Their wheel cleaner doesn't have any of the acids found in alot of off the shelf wheel cleaners. The kit comes with 16 ounce Car Wash, 35 ounce Wheel Cleaner, cleaning sponge, 16 ounce Best of Show Wax®, 8 ounce bar of Paint Cleaning Clay, 35 ounce Speed Shine detail spray and 8 ounces of Vinyl & Rubber Dressing.

This will last the avg. person about a year.

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Ripsnort
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2003, 10:47:22 AM »
Rip, need your email....i redid that Me262 video for you

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Ripsnort
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2003, 02:37:26 PM »
Thanks Rip.  I have leather on the wheel and shifter but the seats are cloth.  The rest of the interior is cloth and vinyl.  No Griot stores around here so I will check out the Meguiars stuff at the local store.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Ripsnort
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2003, 03:05:21 PM »
Yeah, Griots and 303 Aerospace is mail order only off the net. Meguires is prolly the best overall product for availability from a brick and mortar store.

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
Ripsnort
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2003, 05:36:18 PM »
Meguiar's #57 Vinyl and Rubber Cleaner.

It's marketed as a RV and Boat product, but it works awesome on car vinyl and rubber. Protects real well without being a dirt magnet like Armor-All. It also doesn't leave that greasy feel or that fake looking shine.

Offline Thorns

• Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/computerpilot/
Ripsnort
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2003, 07:28:38 PM »
I really like the Amoco station's car wash, and I get a dollar off with 8 gals. of gas.  Sometimes, if I really want the Volvo to shine, I will pick the "wash with wax".   And, it takes the same time as a regular wash, about 4 minutes.  Isn't technology wonderful.  Now if I can get my dog, who likes to lick the leather seat he lays on, to lick the all the seats...His seat really shines  :D

Thorns

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Ripsnort
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2003, 09:38:36 PM »
Originally posted by Thorns
I really like the Amoco station's car wash, and I get a dollar off with 8 gals. of gas.  Sometimes, if I really want the Volvo to shine, I will pick the "wash with wax".   And, it takes the same time as a regular wash, about 4 minutes.  Isn't technology wonderful.  Now if I can get my dog, who likes to lick the leather seat he lays on, to lick the all the seats...His seat really shines  :D

Thorns

:confused:

Offline Thorns

• Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/computerpilot/
Ripsnort
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2003, 09:56:01 PM »
LOL!!   Naw, it's a company car!  ;)

Thorns

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Ripsnort
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2003, 11:46:39 PM »
Alright Rip, if you don't wanna reply, that's fine....one Me262 video deleted.  :rolleyes:

Offline Pfunk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Ripsnort
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2003, 12:48:52 AM »
Originally posted by LePaul
Alright Rip, if you don't wanna reply, that's fine....one Me262 video deleted.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2003, 02:11:10 AM by Pfunk »