Author Topic: AH2 questions...just asking something  (Read 239 times)

Offline Matt1221b

• Copper Member
AH2 questions...just asking something
« on: July 21, 2003, 09:10:48 PM »
its not a whine, trust me, but are there any new planes that u know about...  and another thing, is this going to turn into a 60 $ full of lag and cheap arenas like il2 turned to, right now i have NO lag at all, ever, in this game, will ah2 be close to the same. i dont like lag at all obviesly... :)

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2003, 09:22:47 PM »
new planes yes, but not on day of relase AH2
So far HTC spend whole time to plug in to game all old planeset.
I think noone like to loose any "old" plane.
Its huge work with redone all.
When AH2 start working for online without problems HTC can start creating new planes for us.

I trust in Skuzzy skills, now we have smoothest net code then any online sim and im sure we will have this all the time.

Of cours in early phase of "beta" som problems can show up. But knowing fast HTC responce for every bug in code, we will not have it more then couple days.

ramzey

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2003, 09:25:20 PM »
It has been reported from a reliable source (HiTech) that there will be no new planes in the initial release of AH2.  Pyro did say some time ago that the new engine allows aircraft to be added more rapidly, so I wouldn't expect the lack of new aircraft to remain an issue for long.

I see absolutely no reason why HiTech would allow more lag to slip in.  The online gameplay is their bread and butter.  They can't afford to mess it up.

Unless they change their business model dramatically I doubt they'd ever charge $60.00 for the intial game.  Though I must say I think getting their game on some magazine cover disks would be a good thing.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Matt1221b

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2003, 11:17:07 PM »
ya, personally i think they should avertise more, i mean since it is free or atleast they should say its free, and show some screenshots in  a magazine ( i saw the AH ad in Flight Journal a while back) and i was like oh i know that game i play it all the time, but if i didnt already search the net for free flight sims i would have went and looked it up from that magazine, it compared it to WB, and though it said WB was alot better, i was shocked that they thought that, i mean i would def. pay 50$ for AH forget AH2, its great.... it doesnt matter if no new planes, though i do want more bombers and some more transports would b nice, but the lag-less flying is what kept me here, along with all the other great qualaties about AH... cant wait for AH2