Author Topic: Well, all you whiney "CT loves the Axis types" got your wish!  (Read 1274 times)

Offline najdorf

• Copper Member
Well, all you whiney "CT loves the Axis types" got your wish!
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2003, 10:21:10 AM »
Eagler,

Sorry, you don't count.  You can make 109's do things they're not supposed to do.  What I am saying, pilots of equal skill, the one driving the Spit has a big edge.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2003, 11:27:58 AM »
Originally posted by najdorf
What I am saying, pilots of equal skill, the one driving the Spit has a big edge.

Well, of course that is so.  Having acknowledged that truth, however, you can't just ignore the fact that Spit 9s were flying in Europe in significant numbers during the war, and especially during this period.  Makes sense to enable the plane now and again.  The ladies will then have the opportunity to fly their spits, and real men can fly the 47s and Typhoons.

- oldman (who has been surprised at how well the 205 holds with a Spit - not a match, certainly, but you can hang behind him until he makes an error (or until his bud shoots you down).)

Offline Dennis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2003, 12:22:02 PM »
As a recovering spit dweeb, I could not help but climb into a few Sunday night when for some unexplained reason the allied side was outnumbered on the roster.

Unfortunately, connection problems kept me from staying up very long until later in the evening, when numbers had swung again and I was banished back to the gustav.

I will say with a smidgeon of pride that when I did fall off the wagon, I always chose the MkV ... never the MkIX.

Splash1

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2003, 12:34:04 PM »
Arlo,

Considering your post on your own Squad recruiting thread about flying LW in the CT for this setup vs. flying the Spit, I'm not sure why you are giving Urchin a ration of toejam about what he said.

I have to agree, the LW planes in this setup can't handle the Spit IX Tippy combo.  You can't catch the Tippies and cant do anything with the spits.

You will do better flying the 205's.

I'm giving him a ration of toejam (calling him a whiner), sir, because he started a piss and moan thread over nothing other than reading about the setup. I'd give you the same ration if you did the same, yourself.  When someone decides to whine and carry on about something they don't even have the cojones to give a try first, then they shouldn't expect sympathy from me. And they shouldn't be surprised if I laugh in their tear-streaked faces, either. :D

p.s. Step back a base or two and grab. Meet those Tiffies co-alt or a lil higher and they can be taken down unless the other guy is just plain better than you. I've had it happen both ways. ;)

Franz can take the Spit .... unless the other guy is just plain better than you or you try to fly "follow the leader." Yup ... I've had that happen both ways too. Granted ... I do better in the Spit ... but I bet if I had an overwhelming hankerin' to dedicate myself to flying German birds for a couple of years, I'd figure out how to fly them better and not be crying everytime a setup offered a challenge. :rolleyes:

If the Lufties would just fly the damned setup instead of leaving their comrades in arms to the fate of, quite often, being outnumbered while sitting in the stands and booing, you'd prolly see some pretty damned good give and take.

Guess I just grew up in a different world where people who are supposedly adult aren't coddled to for making a habit of whining about every little thing. :D

Offline najdorf

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2003, 01:21:01 PM »
The 109F is not a good match for the Spit IX which out turns, out guns and goes faster and retains e better; nuf said, end of story.

The Tippy's are much faster than any of the axis rides.  The combination of having the best turning and fastest planes makes the setup a little lopsided.  Stating the obvious doesn't make you a whiner, just a realist.  Adding the 205 evens it out some, I should have upped one sooner instead of stubbornly sticking to 109f and G2's.

I consider myself a decent G-2 pilot and I can't handle spit IX's co-alt 1 v. 1.

I'll tell you what, I never fly Spit IX's but I'd meet ya in the DA co-alt, me in the Spitty and you in your choice of G2, G6 or F and I can almost guarantee you I will take you out.  Does that make me a better pilot?  NO.  Same thing would happen if you took the spitty and I took the 109's.

Offline SELECTOR

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.com
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2003, 01:49:28 PM »
i think current CT is best match up for a very long time..i fly allies if numbers allow but i wouldn't mind the axis set either... well done the CT crew..

at least its not MA arcade

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2003, 01:54:37 PM »
How about changing the Tiffie out for the Mossie?

That would keep the heavy attack power for the RAF, but remove the dominating speed.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline kesolei

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2003, 02:44:12 PM »
I personally don't see the point of a 'fair fight' in the CT. War isn't fair. Don't even kid yourself into thinking that they had planes that were equal- if everything we had was equal we'd still be fighting WWII  (yes, over dramatization I know- Trying to make a point!).

It makes a challenge to have an uneven planeset. Someone made the comment that Eagler could do things with a 109 that it wasn't supposed to do. Well, bloody heck... maybe all us LW people need to take lessons from Eagler.

We're always gonna be outnumbered, and as long as the spits are in the setup.. we'll be outplaned too. But that doesn't necessarily mean we're outskilled. Eagler can do great things in a 109, I know some people who are amazing in a 190.. same thing with the 109s. I personally don't hesitate to grab a 109 and jump into a fight with 5 spits. I end up dead, but I had fun dying and hopefully took one or two with me.

That's the beauty of this... game. You can crash and just take off again in another plane. I think I've landed kills maybe once this set-up, but that hasn't stopped me from flying. I just learned to crash with style, makes life funner if you don't get upset about it. If you're having trouble flying the bird of your choice against the opposing side, ask someone who isn't having troubles for some help. They'll likely be willing to spend a few with ya.

ANyway, off the soapbox now.

Offline najdorf

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2003, 04:00:29 PM »
Not saying I'm not going to fly the setup, I don't complain about fairness.  But, as you point out, this is a game.  For a game to be fun and competitive, the game boundaries need to be somewhat fair even if the war it's based on isn't.  Who wants to sign in just to die repeatedly.

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2003, 04:20:19 PM »
can we start a new forum called Put your whiney a!! sh@t here!

That way I dont even have to make the mistake of looking in to find this kind of crap.  Jesus get a grip.  It happens every week, and what gets me is that it is like you guys (all of you that do this) seem to take turns.  Each week its a new volunteer.  Spit 9 is a 1943 ride right?  Or is it even earlier than that?  IF your getting your bellybutton handed to you find somebody to fly with.

Offline Dennis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2003, 04:56:13 PM »
Originally posted by ergRTC
can we start a new forum called Put your whiney a!! sh@t here!

That way I dont even have to make the mistake of looking in to find this kind of crap.  

Or, you could read the thread title and have a pretty good idea of its contents.

There will be complaints about every setup.  Before and after the fact.  This is a fact of life.  If you don't want to read them, dont.

Splash1

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2003, 05:00:52 PM »
I thought the title was referring to a change that had been made to a pre-exisiting setup.  EG allies whined so much they took away the 205 or the G2.  Not that they were just whining about the setup the way it was.

Offline LtMagee

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2003, 05:03:26 PM »
You mean there are spits enabled on this map?? Damn, I better go check..

Thanks Oldman, I have been fight..err..dogf..err ahh...."running" in Typhoon all week. Many kills, Many deaths :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2003, 05:30:31 PM »

I'll tell you what, I never fly Spit IX's but I'd meet ya in the DA co-alt, me in the Spitty and you in your choice of G2, G6 or F and I can almost guarantee you I will take you out.  Does that make me a better pilot?  NO.  Same thing would happen if you took the spitty and I took the 109's.

Yaknow .... that may actually be the one arena in all of AH where the "equal plane" whine has some merit (if any whine actually does). But it would be practically impossible for someone to whine about how unfair the setup is .... whether it be from the perspective of actually flying there or not. Still, I wouldn't put it past some to try. :D

I wonder what the official "Whiner" creed is?

I ... state your name ... do promise to beetch, moan and carry on about anything that makes my AH existance uncomfortable in any way whatsoever. I will continue to do so until:

A: Someone takes me seriously and fixes my problem.

B: Even if nobody takes me seriously and I cancel my account in protest ... I shall whine on as a spectator on the BBS.

C: The sky finishes falling.

Anyone who calls me a whiner will be promptly silenced by my calling them one back.

I can and will research their stats to prove that they have more character deficiencies than I do thereby justifying my manly whines over their scorn and ridicule.

And lastly but not leastly .... if it ain't broke ... cry even louder.

A-men. So there.

;)

Urch is a whiiiiiiner. Don't defend whining. It ain't doing the whiner a favor. :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2003, 05:42:33 PM »
Originally posted by kesolei
I personally don't see the point of a 'fair fight' in the CT. War isn't fair. Don't even kid yourself into thinking that they had planes that were equal- if everything we had was equal we'd still be fighting WWII  (yes, over dramatization I know- Trying to make a point!).

It makes a challenge to have an uneven planeset. Someone made the comment that Eagler could do things with a 109 that it wasn't supposed to do. Well, bloody heck... maybe all us LW people need to take lessons from Eagler.

We're always gonna be outnumbered, and as long as the spits are in the setup.. we'll be outplaned too. But that doesn't necessarily mean we're outskilled. Eagler can do great things in a 109, I know some people who are amazing in a 190.. same thing with the 109s. I personally don't hesitate to grab a 109 and jump into a fight with 5 spits. I end up dead, but I had fun dying and hopefully took one or two with me.

That's the beauty of this... game. You can crash and just take off again in another plane. I think I've landed kills maybe once this set-up, but that hasn't stopped me from flying. I just learned to crash with style, makes life funner if you don't get upset about it. If you're having trouble flying the bird of your choice against the opposing side, ask someone who isn't having troubles for some help. They'll likely be willing to spend a few with ya.

ANyway, off the soapbox now.

Outstanding attitude. This, above all else, earns my respect.

I'll fly with you any day (even if I'm not much help). :D