Author Topic: The 9-11 Investigation is done....  (Read 677 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
The 9-11 Investigation is done....
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2003, 06:53:06 PM »
Originally posted by Fishu
CIA already failed under Bush administration :D

"you just can't recover good intelligence overnight when you're rebuilding. "

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2003, 06:57:47 PM »
Lance,

It's easy to point the finger afterwards, you will always find a failure in the intelligence or some other agency if you look hard enough.

but is this kind of finger pointing smart? no.
Reminds me of the soviet union way to deal with problem - find a good black sheep candidate, point it out to the people and deal with it.
Even if the black sheep didn't have anything to do with the problem, but the people thinks otherwise (as if they're given a choice to believe otherwise?)

Same goes on in the Bush administration, now that the WMD hasn't been found as so far.. suddenly it is the other people whos guilty, but Bush himself only acted accordingly to the intelligence given to him (poor mislead president.. yeah right... :rolleyes: )

It's hilarious they made up a false story for jessica lynch, almost like they would have seen 'wag the dog' and done alike :D
« Last Edit: July 24, 2003, 07:00:04 PM by Fishu »

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2003, 07:13:20 PM »
Originally posted by Fishu
Lance,

It's easy to point the finger afterwards, you will always find a failure in the intelligence or some other agency if you look hard enough.

but is this kind of finger pointing smart? no.
Reminds me of the soviet union way to deal with problem - find a good black sheep candidate, point it out to the people and deal with it.
Even if the black sheep didn't have anything to do with the problem, but the people thinks otherwise (as if they're given a choice to believe otherwise?)

Same goes on in the Bush administration, now that the WMD hasn't been found as so far.. suddenly it is the other people whos guilty, but Bush himself only acted accordingly to the intelligence given to him (poor mislead president.. yeah right... :rolleyes: )

It's hilarious they made up a false story for jessica lynch, almost like they would have seen 'wag the dog' and done alike :D

Lance, here is an example of "not prudent, but young and dumb"

Friends don't let friends become dumb.  Lance, I know you're an educated person, don't fall into the trap that the above poster has.

Offline Lance

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2003, 07:33:36 PM »
Rip:  I dunno, I don't see how a statement of "It has been determined that neither the Saudi Arabian government or royal family provided any aid to Al Qaeda prior to the 9/11 attacks" would endanger whatever intelligence sources we have over there or harm our arabian oil flow.  Since this is not in the report, and in fact the section concerned with Saudi Arabia's ties to Al Qaeda (if any) was completely removed from the report, I have to wonder what was in this ommited section that is so potentially dangerous.

Fishu:  Blah?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2003, 07:37:04 PM by Lance »

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2003, 07:39:12 PM »
Lance, give me an example why it would be in SA best interest to allow such a thing, if they knew in advance, to happen.  So they could be found out later on?  Do you think they would really risk that? And why would they risk that? What do they have to gain from 9/11?

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2003, 07:42:21 PM »
Woohoo... only 3 posts to a Clinton reference!!!

I guess I'll go read the article now.

Offline Lance

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2003, 08:49:58 PM »
Rip, if the idea of some member(s) of the Saudi Aradia government and/or royal family helping support al qaeda prior to 9/11 is so preposterous, why was there even an investigation into it?  What do we have to gain by investigating what you make out to be unthinkable and impossible?  If the result of that investigation cleared S.A. from any level of involvement/support of al quaeda prior to 9/11, what do we have to gain by suppressing the results?

I don't think that the S.A. government as a whole knew of 9/11 before it happened.  What I do think is possible, however, is that an individual or small group within the government/royal family sympathized with al qaeda's cause and provided tangible support for them prior to 9/11 -- most likely monetarily.

If the money or influence of members of the Saudi government and/or royal family helped crash those air liners into the World Trade Centers, then they need to answer for it.  **** their oil.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2003, 09:15:43 PM »
hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20

if the dems think they can turn this into 2004 winning issue, they are more hard up than I thought

see our "great" bob graham on the tele already saying how the entire 9/11 murderous act could have been avoided only if ....

can't most/all crimes/murders be prevented if once after the fact you have all the facts and could travel back in time and act on them??

and once they take the committees suggestions, how long until some "right" will said to be trampled by the same group who proposed the action?
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2003, 09:22:20 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target

I guess I'll go read the article now.

Shoulda done that before you started this rediculous thread.  BTW, if you can't stand the heat (read-Clitorus reference) go back to the oral office.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2003, 12:31:14 AM »
Shoulda done that before you started this rediculous thread. BTW, if you can't stand the heat (read-Clitorus reference) go back to the oral office.

I can't find the clitorus... it's just plain rediculous!
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2003, 01:48:18 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
In a free country like ours, you bet it can.  That's the problem with freedom, it leaves too many security leaks...but I'd rather have the leaks than a totalitarian Gov't.

well ... I expressed my though badly, I was not questioning the security but more the failure of the agency.
I remember the Paris attentat were all French agency were hunting the terrorists and failed capturing them before some attentats.