Author Topic: Mouse look  (Read 291 times)

Offline Dennis

• Nickel Member
Mouse look
« on: July 24, 2003, 04:22:45 PM »
(Double-posted here because I wasn't sure if it qualified as "help" or "tech support".)

I wanted to set up my views to use mouse look as an experiment, but can't seem to get it to work. Am I missing a step or two?

I go to Setup>Joystick>Select Joystick and highlight 'view pitch' in AH controls, select 'mouse' under Joystick and 'y axis' under Joystick Input, and press "set input". Then I highlight 'view yaw', select 'mouse' and 'x axis' and set input. I press the "apply" button.
View mode in cockpit is then set to Direct Mode Pan.

No dice.

In fact, the numbers in the 'Joystick input' window in setup don't register movement when I move the mouse. The number for each mouse axis in the window stays static at 32767.
All other axes of my HOTAS register movement when moved.
(BTW, I use CH Combatstick, ProThrottle and ProPedals, mapped through the CH Control Manager, so they appear in the Joystick window as CH Control Manager Device 1, 2 and 3 ... plus the Mouse.)

The mouse works fine otherwise in-game. The game just doesn't seem to recognize it as a joystick input.

So I'm stumped. Any clues?

Splash1

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member
Mouse look
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2003, 06:36:48 PM »
You have to go and recalibrate the joystick in Aces High, but when you do as part of the process hold the right mouse button down and move your mouse around.

Also when using mouse view in AH you have to hold that right mouse button all the time, and do not expect it to work in the tower you actually have to be in a vehicle for it to work.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2003, 06:40:17 PM by 214thCavalier »

Offline Dennis

• Nickel Member
Mouse look
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2003, 11:22:35 PM »
Thanks, Cav.  Got it to work.
Think I'll stick with the hat.  
;)

Splash1