Author Topic: Black Crosses  (Read 279 times)

Offline Biggles

• Copper Member
      • Muzak
Black Crosses
« on: July 24, 2003, 06:45:27 PM »

My new tune, with flying theme (sort of):

Black Crosses

AlgyFT
« Last Edit: July 24, 2003, 06:51:08 PM by Biggles »

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Black Crosses
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2003, 10:12:03 PM »
what are you using for drums (V-DRUMS?), sound realistic but definately not real. The song sounded kind of Pink Floyd, but wasn't bad.

still listening :)

my opinion: lower main guitar in mix a little (especially after break) and up/clarify vocals a little .

not bad though
« Last Edit: July 24, 2003, 10:29:52 PM by NUKE »

Offline Biggles

• Copper Member
      • Muzak
Black Crosses
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2003, 12:19:12 AM »
Originally posted by NUKE
what are you using for drums (V-DRUMS?), sound realistic but definately not real. The song sounded kind of Pink Floyd, but wasn't bad.

still listening :)

my opinion: lower main guitar in mix a little (especially after break) and up/clarify vocals a little .

not bad though

Appreciate the feedback. For drums, I'm using dr-008 and the "drums from hell" set of sounds, although I usually use an Alesis SR-16.

If I were to mix it again I'd back off some of the effects on the vocals, which would clear them up a bit. I was experimenting. I recorded each word of the first vocal section to a different key (a whole octave, or 12 words), then created a soundfonts file out of that, and actually "sung" that section by playing a keyboard routed to a softsynth loaded with the soundfont, one key for each word of the lyrics. The second vocal section is sung the usual way. :)

Thanks for listening
S!

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Black Crosses
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2003, 08:18:21 AM »
Lyrics sound a bit like free-thought "whatever pops into my head is a lyric".

Its hard to form "intercept" and "formation" to the beat.  Maybe stretch them out over several beats, like a bird's wing.