Author Topic: Score Stats for Okinawa  (Read 2672 times)

Offline -Concho-

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Score Stats for Okinawa
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2003, 12:17:06 AM »
nothing, absolutely nothing

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Score Stats for Okinawa
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2003, 12:21:47 AM »
Originally posted by brady
I think so, what did it say?:)

Zorak: Say it.

Space Ghost: You know if you couldn't understand the first time, I shouldn't have to waste my mouth saying it again.

Jerry Springer: It's not like I have another job or...

Zorak: Saying what again?

Moltar: Yeah, what are you saying?

Space Ghost: What I'm saying...

Moltar: That's not what I said.

Space Ghost: What I'm saying...

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Score Stats for Okinawa
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2003, 02:11:58 AM »
Hey Brady, lets look at it a different way;

Sarcasm

The allies are stupid and dont fly right. Its thier $15 right? Lets see just how sorry the allies are and how bad they let the IJN/A whip thier prettythang.

Includes all enabled A/C, GV, SG etc.

N1K2J vs Bishop.....+630 total kills
A6M5b vs  Bishop...+ 23 total kills
Ki-61 vs Bishop.......+129 total kills

F4U-1D vs Knight.......+68 total kills
F4U-1 vs Knight.......-76 total kills
FM2 vs Knight...........-391 total kills
F6F-5 vs Knight.........-108 total kills
P-47D-30 vs Knight...-91 total kills

Well the allies captured 6 or 7 bases but lost all but two. The Axis recaptured these bases at a much less loss, so much less that they still have positive kill ratios. Not only that but the IJN/A is sinking the hell outta some damn ships...WTG IJN/A

Fighter vs Fighter

N1K2J....1837 Kills
Allied.......941 Kills

Ki-61......419 Kills
Allies......281 Kills

A6M5b....337 Kills
Allies.......320 Kills

P-47D-30.....325 Kills
Axis..............430 Kills

F4U-1........225 Kills
Axis...........559 Kills

F4U-1D......197 Kills
Axis...........155 Kills

F6F-5.........438 Kills
Axis............608 Kills

FM2............357 Kills
Axis............663 Kills

" While the numbers above would indacate the Japanese plane set should be neutered because the typical Allied player is pron to bad deschion making, I doubt wheather this would go over well, nore would it be just, or play well." Quote from Brady, however, look at the new (above) stats as of late Sunday Night est.

OK Brady you said the Tiger is added"Historicly" to the last TOD, sure...but what about the N1K2J stats here, are they "historical"? Once again guys, my argument is not to remove these weapons. My arguement is against the quotes that keep getting posted justifing why a weapon is or is not added to a TOD based on some CM's key words; "ballanced" "unbalanced", "Historical" etc.

The Tiger may be historical but is it ballanced? The stats say "no"

The N1K2J saw very little action in WWII and the axis lost some 7,000+ aircraft against 700+ allied planes lost in Okinawa.

Am I asking for the same numbers in this game? Absolutely not but the above stats prove that fighter aircraft kill/death ratio is not ballanced between the N1K2J and the typical F6F-5 and FM2 flown by the "furball bunch".
« Last Edit: July 28, 2003, 03:22:19 AM by CurtissP-6EHawk »

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Score Stats for Okinawa
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2003, 03:00:29 AM »
Oh yeah, go easy on the Ki-67 allies. Although the IJN/A are not flying the Kates and Vals as much as they did in real life, the Ki-67s are falling from the skys right and left. On the other hand, they are sinking the Fleets in great numbers. If it were not for the Ki-67s and N1K2Js, the nation of Japan would be in great trouble right now.

The N1K2Js are holding down the advances of the US Navy and US Army aircraft.

The Ki-67s are keeping the Navy Fleets from dominating the waters off Okinawa.

Oh is that the ballance you CM's are refering to? If it is then as of 1 July to present;

The Bishops have 11,119 kills and have been killed 11,415 times against the Knights.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
Score Stats for Okinawa
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2003, 03:18:05 AM »
The Bases that were taken back on Okinawa were taken back early this moring aganst little resistance, the bases that were taken on Okinawa by the allies were taken during heavy fighting, this had to do more or less with the numbers that were on when these battles occured.

So what do you want hear Hawk, a planeset whear the Allies have even more of an advantage?, If I remove the George then the spead advantage and jabo advantage is even worse than it is a t present, their is also no Ki 84 which was at Okinawa in number's, Their are many planes we dont have in this plane set that were hear, namely all the late war Japanese strike planes, Ki 102, Jill, Juddy, Grace, Francis, Other late war Fighter's, Ki 100, Late model Tony, ect, so saying that only some 1,400 Georges of all modles were built and had a minour impact on the war is kinda silly when we have non of the other late war Japanes fighter's or atack aircraft.

Georges flew in several different areas during the last years of the war, and they flew over Okinawa, and they are the only realy competative late war Japanese fighter we have.

One more time for you hawk, the Numbers (stats) dont tell the whole story and they dont make a convincing case to me about this issue that is seamingly so important to you.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
Score Stats for Okinawa
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2003, 03:26:10 AM »
Kates and Vals were not being used at Okinawa except in the kamakise role, or in another capacity, like asw work or training, they were obsoliet aircraft, but since HTC gave us them instead of the late war Japanese planes were using them in the plane set.

Hawk this toejam fest is whearing thin, wrap it up bud.

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Score Stats for Okinawa
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2003, 03:39:05 AM »
Ok Brady here it is.
The CMs are having to saticfy both the players and HTC. The CMs try hard to get the players to play in the CT. Not to pull away the MA players but to build AH altogether. The CMs can not, historicly or not, create an arena that will be empty. If the CT were soley based on history, no one would fly the IJN/A airplanes and maybe not even the LW planes. Same with GVs. Thats 72 current weapons that you guys have modeled for game play. It got agrvating to see the same airplanes flying in a different map each week. Anyway, I hope I covered both sides here. DOnt say its historical becasue it never will be. Dont say it is ballanced because it never will be. The only thing ballanced is the fact that the players come into the arena and try to maintain an even roster. I dont care what these guys fly, it will always be kill untill killed. AKA "Furballing"

Guess there was just a little frustration on both the CMs, and the players about how, when, where and why these things are set up the way they are.

Ok, time for me to crawl back into my whole for a while.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Score Stats for Okinawa
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2003, 04:39:12 AM »
Originally posted by CurtissP-6EHawk
Although the IJN/A are not flying the Kates and Vals as much as they did in real life,

Do you even have any clue what you're whining about?  Vals and Kates in 1945?

Yeesh.

Those were obsolete aircraft being used in kamikaze and training roles only.

We don't have the attack aircraft the Japanese were using at Okinawa.  Things like the B6N2, B7A2, D4Y2, Ki-102 (each of which I have no doubt you would whine about) are simply not in the game.

The best Japanese fighter, produced in huge numbers, was present in force at Okinawa and we don't have it.  The N1K2-J is good, but it is a stand in for the Ki-84.

The biggest thing we don't have is a massive skill advantage on the part of the Allies.  That is why you are suffering casualties.  You are not fighting newbies.  If that is what you want, try to get HTC to funnel all two weekers to the CT on the Japanese side force veterans to fly for the Allies.

I'll tell you this though, it'll be a VERY boring week.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Score Stats for Okinawa
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2003, 05:41:25 AM »
when did hawk slink back in?

i see arlo continues his anklehumping obession.

you all suck. and i'll be back in the skies soon to remind you exactly how much you suck.

;)
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Score Stats for Okinawa
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2003, 07:30:52 AM »
Look who drooled in. ;)

Offline najdorf

• Copper Member
Score Stats for Okinawa
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2003, 08:37:08 AM »
For most of my short AH life I've flown the axis side, always flown for the empire in PTO's.

I just recently made a jump to allied birds and I can say without a doubt, it takes more skill to get kills in the allied birds.

Me and Cmorum got jumped by a an A6M5b that caugt him doing almost 400 on the deck, dove right with him and didn't compress and maintained that speed in a long chase.  When he finished off Cmorum and had to be a little low on e because he was turning at end of fight, I made a flat pass and he looped and then caught me, gaining speed after looping to get out of my way coming through.  How is this possible?

We were flying F4u-1's.  Up till that time, I could basically leave any axis fighter behind if I lost advantage in similar situations.

I don't know what octane fuel he used in that Zeke, but I sure do want some!

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Score Stats for Okinawa
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2003, 08:55:08 AM »
Shane, grab a Ki-61 and show some of the naysayers what you can do with it vs F4Us. It needs some good press.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline -Concho-

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Score Stats for Okinawa
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2003, 08:58:58 AM »
Originally posted by Shane
when did hawk slink back in?

i see arlo continues his anklehumping obession.

you all suck. and i'll be back in the skies soon to remind you exactly how much you suck.

;)

I don't need you, that's why I got married...  :D

Offline keyapaha

• Nickel Member
Score Stats for Okinawa
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2003, 09:15:27 AM »
Been having a good time usually dont do so good in the a6m5 but this time iam doing pretty good in it,usually do good in the Ki61 but not this time getting killed in it alot mainly because the allied pilots are not flying hi and I have to go low to find a fight which is not the place for a Ki61.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Score Stats for Okinawa
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2003, 09:59:35 AM »
Originally posted by Squire
Shane, grab a Ki-61 and show some of the naysayers what you can do with it vs F4Us. It needs some good press.

actually from what i recall last time this setup was around,  ki61 v p40e is a decent match up. lot harder to turn f4u with one, but f4u should dominate flown to it's strenth, i.e. speed, but gotta watch them tony's in a dive they move downhill pretty well.

most people will go for the niki due to it's - imho, crappy - cannons; humongous load but too slow a rof for my tastes. the niki is way over-rated, and the tony under. tony's cannon like 109's in a way, pretty poor ballistics, yet not quite as hard hitting, but then usn birds can take a beating.

don't understand the whineage about the niki - usn iron should dominate as they usually do in this kind of setup, buit i guess it all boils down to how people are flying, namely furballing as usual. not that there's anything wrong with that.  :D
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798