Author Topic: Score Stats for Okinawa  (Read 2678 times)

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Score Stats for Okinawa
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2003, 12:10:57 AM »
"Hawk do you have those number's?" nope but I asure you that my speeling topa all :D

"Allied Jabo factor" now that is a pure guess!  Why do the allies jabo in the FM2? This just pure stupidity. Jabo in the F6F, I can see that but if you can survive better in the F4U, then why jabo with the F6F?

I do not think that is tha case. The CT guys just want to furball and they can not do it with the  F4U or the P-47.

And I am not whinning, I am asking questions.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2003, 12:17:28 AM by CurtissP-6EHawk »

Offline Makofan

• Copper Member
Score Stats for Okinawa
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2003, 12:32:42 AM »
You should hear the whining on the Japanese side! :)  We complain about how we can never catch anybody - it's like fighting Runstangs.  I would be interested in that mythical Zeke that didn't compress - mine always seems to :)

Yes, the N1K is the best furballer currently in the CT.  But furballing is the strength of the Japanes plane set, they have to have something they can do well.

Offline mauser

• Nickel Member
Score Stats for Okinawa
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2003, 01:22:00 AM »
Here is a link to a med length film I took when I took the N1K up for a day.  Watch near the end when I meet up with an F4U that was lower than me.  Found out after he took my wing off that it was Drex.  I know a couple mistakes I made - notice how he maintains control well down to under 100 mph while I stall at a higher speed and drop first - I don't really bother with flaps much but there's a opportunity for someone who does to take the advantage.  

Even if you don't have alt advantage - you're not automatically toast just because you've been bounced by a N1K.  

mauser
home.hawaii.rr.com/brlau/film6.ahf

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Score Stats for Okinawa
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2003, 02:32:18 AM »
Originally posted by CurtissP-6EHawk
"Allied Jabo factor" now that is a pure guess!  Why do the allies jabo in the FM2?

What is your point?

The N1K2-J is better than the FM2.  Of course it is going to have a higher K/D against it.

Hell, the N1K2-J is pretty much better than the F6F-5 too.

The aircraft that are better than the N1K2-J, if used correctly, are the F4Us and the P-47.  The N1K2-J should have a positive K/D ratio against all the other Allied fighters, especially when you consider that the N1K2-Js are on the defensive side.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
Score Stats for Okinawa
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2003, 12:27:04 PM »
The FM2 can easly out manuaver a George.

The Hellcat is faster throught most of the flight envelope than the George is as well.

I would not say that the George is clearly supiour than either of these planes.

Offline Sakai

• Silver Member
Score Stats for Okinawa
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2003, 04:15:45 PM »
Originally posted by brady
The N1K2 has 39 kills and has been killed 41 times against the Panzer IV H.

Is it the turning radius or the superior acceleration that makes the Panzer so deadly against the Nik2????  They seem to be comparably armed (4x20mm = 80mm, right?)

I Can't loop one to save my butt though, but going downhill in neutral you can make a Panzer faster than the Fm2.

;-)

Sakai
"The P-40B does all the work for you . . ."

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
Score Stats for Okinawa
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2003, 04:23:50 PM »
bradys5 has 13 kills and has been killed 0 times in the N1K2 against the Panzer IV H.

I suspect, that the other Panzer's were Vulching, or some George guys augered or aproached to low and surcomed to the Pintal gun. Lots of people do this in a lot of different plane type's, make bad aproaches.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2003, 04:27:42 PM by brady »

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
Score Stats for Okinawa
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2003, 04:35:10 PM »
Hawk the CT is The Combat Theater not the "Do not furball arena.

"All anyone does in the CT is furball"

So people fight and furball and die and reup and fight again.

Thats all this arena is. If you dont have fun fighting then go try something else.

The CT originally didnt have base capture and it was a much better time overall. Since base capture there have been great fights but theres also a huge amount of "milkrunning" and "extending". All the same main arena nonsense.

squeaking about people actually fighting is a bit pointless aint it?

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Score Stats for Okinawa
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2003, 07:50:29 PM »
Originally posted by brady
The FM2 can easly out manuaver a George.

The Hellcat is faster throught most of the flight envelope than the George is as well.

I would not say that the George is clearly supiour than either of these planes.

Well, um, Brady, I think that for us average pilots, it is.  The guns on the George beat the FM2, and the George's maneuverability beats anyone who isn't b&z flying the Hellcat.

Or so it seems to me.  Not that I'm complaining, I think that axis guys need a spit 9 equivalent to give to the ladies, while the real men fly zekes and tonys.

- oldman (wishing that he were flying instead of posting)

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
Score Stats for Okinawa
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2003, 10:55:03 PM »
Actually the F6F and the N1k compare rather favorably to each other, the speed advantage goes to the Hellcat though it's a slight one, firepower to the George, in turning and manverobility it's pretty even, I'd give the edge to the F6F at higher speeds with the edge shifting to the N1k as speeds drop.  A Hellcat doesn't need to merely BnZ against a N1k to be successful, you can manuver with a shoot down a N1k, though the longer the fight goes the more the edge shifts into Georges' corner.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
Score Stats for Okinawa
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2003, 02:45:36 AM »
I dont realy consider the Georges guns to be all that great, ya if you get in close and land hits you can realy mess them  up. The envelope to acheave good hits is considerably larger with a 50 call so you have more opertunitty to land good hit's, also the 50 call's typicaly make short work of any Japanese plane, so in light of the flater trajectory and the considerable effective range advantage the 50's have I beleave in this regard in a plane vs plane match up their both very capable of killing each other, at least on a par firepower wise.

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
Score Stats for Okinawa
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2003, 10:03:00 AM »
Originally posted by Batz
Hawk the CT is The Combat Theater not the "Do not furball arena.

"All anyone does in the CT is furball"

So people fight and furball and die and reup and fight again.

Thats all this arena is. If you dont have fun fighting then go try something else.

The CT originally didnt have base capture and it was a much better time overall. Since base capture there have been great fights but theres also a huge amount of "milkrunning" and "extending". All the same main arena nonsense.

squeaking about people actually fighting is a bit pointless aint it?

The problem was, before base capture was introduced to the CT, it was empty.  As far as furballing, well, I don't have a problem with it.  I enjoy the greater immersion of the CT, but my primary desire is to fight.  Still, I'm looking forward to the AHII: Tour of Duty, as it should give me better immersion while still insuring I get a chance to kill somethin.:D

Sabre
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Score Stats for Okinawa
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2003, 01:16:17 PM »
Sabre, that is why I am sort of still hanging around. I am looking foward to palying a game that is a bit more serious than just kill then be killed. A game that someone has a interest on starting at the bottom and earning his/her place. An arena where one can fight in a different atmosphere than what is experianced in the MA and CT. Kind of like an SL, TOD, Speacil even 24 hours a day. If you get killed, you must pay some sort of price. To me that would be fun, not so fun to others. Shane would hate it and that is ok. He likes to kill as many planes as he can before he dies (furballing). That is fun to him, but not to me. Shane I mean this is an example of what fun means to some and not to others, not an insult. I see AHII as a place where JG-3, Checkertails, 880, VMF 27 and other groups can go and fly like real squadrons.

Sabre the CT means Combat Arena. It is not used as a Combat Arena, it is used in the same way as the MA but with less aircaft and players. Furballing is not Combat.

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
Score Stats for Okinawa
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2003, 04:26:50 PM »
The ct wasnt empty. It had the same averages as now. Before Pyro turned over the ct to the cms a new release was out and the ct was still on the bugged Euro map. So that month numbers were down. I flew in the ct from day1 when it had the Norway map. Peaks hit 50 guys.

Field capture hasnt brought more numbers in. Those who flew regularly before field capture dont fly their any more.

The only thing was a real benefit in terms of numbers is player made maps not field capture. Thats still true now. Crappy maps dont bring numbers in.

I dunno who told ya the ct was empty but thats not true. Back then the main was peaking at 300 and 40 - 50 in the ct was a higher percentage.

Field capture brought the milkrunners.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
Score Stats for Okinawa
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2003, 05:18:06 PM »
I love ya Batz but I gota back sabre on this one.:)