Author Topic: right click six calls.. let's steal em  (Read 570 times)

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
right click six calls.. let's steal em
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2000, 01:27:00 PM »
 If your going to steal something from WB. Steal the FM. Its more interesting. You can actually get into a spin you cant recover from by hitting a button. And the planes do lose E in what seems like a more logical way.

Offline Hooligan

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2000, 01:54:00 PM »
easymo:

Either change your handle or don't advocate FM changes.  The contradiction hurts my brain  .

Hooligan

Offline snafu

• Silver Member
      • http://www.btinternet.com/~snaffers
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2000, 02:34:00 PM »
Hi All,
 I gotta say I hate the mouse at the best of times, Couldn't we link it to friendly Padlock and a function key?

Like the ".wav" idea though  
Just my opinion

TTFN
snafu

------------------
  snafus Homepage

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2000, 03:07:00 PM »
Agree with Snafu, I never found the "right click six call" very useful in WB.  Too awkward to hold the view of the friendly, while trying to click the mouse.

However, I might like the "padlock six call" idea.  One button to cycle through all the friendlies in view, then another button to send the six call.  Could map to the throttle buttons, and use them without taking my hand off the stick.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

-lazs-

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2000, 08:34:00 AM »
pop, that's fine but i would still like to have the mouse click.   Most times I have enough time to right click but not enough to type.  They might not be used alo the time but in a crowd somebody has time to right click.   I don't see hardly any six calls in AH now.
lazs

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2000, 09:05:00 AM »
 Lazs i think that is due to the predominate use of Roger Wilco and hence a lack of watching the text buffer by alot of folks. As well as folks just not seeing a bigy on your six. But a mouse click would make it easier to do a 6-call all around and if it kicked off a sound file that would be even better.  
 I've seen it where by the time I hit the "/" key and starting typing in a handle to alert,  the bogy had already wasted the poor sod. And often you hear them whine about not getting a 6 call . Well. No one saw the bogy and when I did I never had a chance to alert you. (and felt like adding, "pay me to be your wingman next time")

Sorry for the digression...

-Westy

[This message has been edited by Westy (edited 10-27-2000).]

arhurb

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2000, 09:33:00 AM »
Could it be a voice broadcast proximity channel (just like text channel #3?. Dunno if that can be done in RW, or can be done at all, tho.

Cheers,

Pepino.

Offline SkyVon

• Zinc Member
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2000, 01:15:00 PM »
Great idea, Lazs!

Usually, by the time I type "check 6 #######", he's dead.

Offline Hobo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2000, 01:41:00 PM »
I like the right click mouse idea better than Pop's idea but only because I have a hell of a time reading the green icon names of friendlies.  If I can right click then it doesn't matter whether or not I can read the icon name.

Bo

-lazs-

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2000, 02:01:00 PM »
exactly bo... I can't for the life of me read the green icons much less type in a six call... I think that voice (wav?) would be great but text in bright blue or something would be good enough.  

Speaking of icons... i love the green for good red for bad thing but.... i have a really hard time reading the green icons... Is there a place to adjust the hue or contrast or something of them?
lazs

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2000, 02:04:00 PM »
I would like to take credit for bringing the mouse six call idea to Warbirds!....

I also invented the internet and my realtionship with my wife was the inspiration behind "Love Story".....

YeaGORE
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2000, 03:16:00 PM »
Bo, I've never tried AH padlock, so I shouldn't use it as a reference, but this is what I envision:  Push a button (or key) once, and one of the friendly icons in the current view is highlighted, keep pushing that button, and the highlight cycles through all the friendlies in view.  When the highlight is on the guy you want to warn, push a second button and he gets a six call and the highlight disappears.  You don't need to read the icon, just get the right one highlighted.  For me the advantage would be that I could send a six call without taking my hands off the throttle and stick.

lazs,  There is no way to alter the icon colors right now, but there is a thread in "gameplay" asking for it.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2000, 11:33:00 PM »
I find tracers whizzing by my canopy a very effective 6 call.....
- The Flying Circus -

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2000, 07:31:00 AM »

Originally posted by Hooligan:
easymo:

Either change your handle or don't advocate FM changes.  The contradiction hurts my brain   .

Hooligan

Thanks Hooli... made my morning ...  

------------------
Bartlomiej Rajewski
aka. Wing Commander fd-ski
Northolt Wing
1st Polish Fighter Wing
303 (Polish) Squadron "Kosciuszko" RAF
308 (Polish) Squadron "City of Cracow" RAF
315 (Polish) Squadron "City of Deblin" RAF

Turning 109s and 190s into scrap metal since 1998

Northolt Wing Headquarters

Offline Hamish

• Copper Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2000, 08:52:00 AM »

Originally posted by Hajo:
I find tracers whizzing by my canopy a very effective 6 call.....

What about when they have tracers turned off?  

Hamish!