Author Topic: George Bosh i$ tH3 sUC|<!  (Read 1813 times)

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
George Bosh i$ tH3 sUC|<!
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2003, 01:20:25 AM »
I never have recieved a refund for money I haven't paid.

also last I heard, the wealthiest 5% hold 95% of the cash (fairly common statistic , generally excepted, but I don't have the source to prove it).  but I'll trust your stats if you've got them.  how much of the wealth does that top 1% control?

I see nothing wrong with those for whom the system works well for  paying a higher rate.

the wealthy seemed to be doing ok before bush got here to help them, all there kids seemed fed and educated, medical care provided for.  but maybe I'm missing something.  I don't no many billionaires or even millionaires, so enlighten me. exactly how where they suffering in the Clinton administration.  where they having problems making ends meet?  working 70-80 hours a week, and not making the rent?

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2003, 01:21:53 AM »
I don't understand all this high falutin' tax talk.  But can someone explain to me how the US government, which (IIRC) has the highest deficit in it's entire history can afford to give you all your money back?

Where is this money coming from?  Isn't it just increasing the deficit.  I mean it really can't afford to give you your money back right?  The loans that the government makes to give you this shot of cash have to be service don't they?  Isn't it borrowing from Peter to payoff Paul?

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2003, 01:25:11 AM »
Isn't it just increasing the deficit

it is under this administration.  wasn't 3 years ago

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2003, 06:48:14 AM »
Originally posted by capt. apathy
it is under this administration.  wasn't 3 years ago

as it would be under any admin dem or rep in 2003

the dot com bubble burst, unregulated/exaggerated growth & corruption killed it (but everyone was to busy stuffin their pockets with cash to care) - the economy tanked - 9/11 happened

yes, it is a shot in the arm to get us spending again which in turn starts the hamster wheel spinning

it is a desperate shot in the arm but something that has to be tried. when your on a sinking ship, you bail - hoping you bail long enough and fast enough the ship has time to drift aground.

I've heard the Roman Empire paid their citizens in the end...
hope we have a better outcome..
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2003, 08:19:36 AM »
A long time ago California had a "proposition 13"  So long as you lived in your home your property taxes could not go up... mine have not gone up in 20 years.   This is as it should be.

As for "how can the government afford to give back your money?"  question.... How can they not?  they simply must learn to stop spending.   If you have a child or spouse who is addicted to spending money you don;t help them by giving them more and more money every month as they sink further and further in debt.
lazs

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2003, 09:36:21 AM »
Originally posted by capt. apathy
I see nothing wrong with those for whom the system works well for  paying a higher rate.

They are ALREADY paying a "higher rate". See US govt stats above.

How much more do you want them to pay? They're not getting this Child Credit rebate that started this dicussion, thus their rate is rising compared to the groups that get the rebate.

How much more should they pay?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2003, 10:14:21 AM by Toad »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2003, 09:38:46 AM »
BTW, I think that Great Republican Franklin Delano Roosevelt called this tactic "priming the pump" during his Presidency back in the Great Depression.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2003, 09:45:15 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
BTW, I think that Great Republican Franklin Delano Roosevelt called this tactic "priming the pump" during his Presidency back in the Great Depression.

It didn't work then either.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2003, 10:18:02 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
It didn't work then either.

hmm

maybe that is why we are starting "Option B" starting with Iraq

kill two birds with one stone - rid the world of nutbag terrorist and the leaders/nations which support them and pull the country/world out of the economic toilet its slowly swirling down
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2003, 10:31:46 AM »
MT,

It didn't work then because the depression was world wide.  As a result of the post-war depression in Western Europe during the 1920s, foreign markets for American products began to dry up.  This, along with overproduction, led to massive layoffs in U.S. factories, which was one of the major factors leading to the onset of the Great Depression in the U.S.  While Hoover's administration received much of the blame for this, there was little anyone could have done to prevent it, given the reality of the economic conditions overseas.  The same foreign economic forces continued to place a drag on the U.S. economy throughout the 1930s, effectively dampening any benefit that might have been derived from Roosevelt's New Deal and "prime the pump" policies.  As you know, the Second World War ended the Depression with massive Government spending and full-employment.  Indeed, one might make the point that it was the war-time "prime the pump" spending that reversed the country's economic fortunes.  The U.S. emerged from the war as practically the only western democracy with a strong, intact economy.

Regards, Shuckins

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2003, 10:35:22 AM »
WW2 was "submerge the pump at the bottom of Lake Michigan".