Author Topic: just wondering......  (Read 507 times)

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
just wondering......
« on: August 05, 2003, 08:19:28 AM »
will we have the choice of flying as an allied player or an axis player or will we have one er...'avatar' for each side?

will i be able to play as a Axis 190a8 pilot and have a seperate allied bomber pilot etc?

Im hoping we can have one of each or even several so we can choose which avatar we use.

for instance if we had say 6 avatars we could have 3 axis and 3 allied careers running at the same time. One day we come on and decide to fly with an axis player who is a bomber pilot. you do several missions and then change to a second avatar which you use as a interceptor fighter pilot, then swap again for your ground attack pilot career?.Then maybe switch to allies and take your allied fighter pilot up for a few missions?

or will it be one single career and you have to stay on whatever side you choose?

the reason i ask is because i often jump onto AH in totally different moods. Sometimes i like to fly all serious and fly to survive while other times I like to jump on and fly high risk attacks or just throw myself into fights where im bound to die quickly. With a career mode going on , those times where you just act silly and fight anything you see will ruin a good run of kills without deaths and all the rewards you had built up previously will be lost . Id really like to have one pilot i try hard to survive with while i use another for those days when i dont really care too much if i die in a base attack etc.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2003, 08:21:54 AM by hazed- »

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org
just wondering......
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2003, 08:50:07 AM »
you get 2 avatars. One can be axis and the other can be allied. Pyro posted it somewhere.

Offline Kevin14

• Silver Member
just wondering......
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2003, 09:26:46 AM »
Isn't it "aviators"?

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
just wondering......
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2003, 12:04:43 PM »
Originally posted by Kevin14
Isn't it "aviators"?

No.

And i heard something like 4 alter-egos, a pilot and ground magget for each side.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
just wondering......
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2003, 03:13:04 PM »
Supposed to be able to have avatars for each side but you'll only be able to play one during the campaign.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Kevin14

• Silver Member
just wondering......
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2003, 05:19:29 PM »
Fine, aviaters?  How could you fly as a picture underneath you're usename?

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
just wondering......
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2003, 05:26:17 PM »
still wrong

Offline mos

• Copper Member
just wondering......
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2003, 05:47:36 PM »
An avatar isn't just the picture beneath your username.

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
just wondering......
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2003, 06:31:40 PM »
I prefer the word, Alter-Ego(s).

Offline Devourer

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.106thvag.org
just wondering......
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2003, 09:17:30 AM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
You do realize what "avatar" means?  It is supposed to reflect you or an alter-ego.

That works for me

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
just wondering......
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2003, 08:02:40 AM »
avatar has now become a generic term for our 'virtual character' or your 'online personality'.

As this character or alterego is a pain in the arse to describe as displayed here most people just call it our 'avatar'.

it might not be quite right and frustratingly people online assume avatar is refering ONLY to a small giff. or jpg. in a bullentin board like this rather than its real meaning but its all we got! :)

so we will have at least 2 avatars in AH2, possibly more but you can only use one at a time?

now im a bit confused. Is AH2 going to run like a campaign with a start middle and end? and presumably will then repeat? or is it a ongoing battle that never really ends?
Will it be timeline limited? similar to rolling planeset only not so crude?

If its like this:

'War starts and progresses in date from week to week.At the start of a campaign you choose your side, then you are forced to fly with this character (with our present callsigns) until the end of that 'running' campaign.At the end you may choose a different side and start all over again in the next campaign?

or will you have a big list of pilots you have invented and each day you come online you can pick whichever pilot you feel like being? :)  e.g.

AlliedBOB...(fighter pilot)
BRITtony....(ground vehicle)
Krauttompson.....(bombers)
Lil'Hitler..........(fighters)

Or will it display 'Hazed' for me  for all characters? I wonder how its going to work?

btw ben your pic for your name is disturbing! I cant work it out if its just a glass of beer or some sort of distorted pictire of hitler! lol
it does kinda look like him on the right of the pic (the sad face) and the happy face in the beer looks like those famous theatrical happy&sad masks. What the hell is that pic? :D
is it just full and happy and empty and sad? if it is just that then why do i keep feeling its a picture of the short corperal with his dodgy mustache!? :D
« Last Edit: August 08, 2003, 08:09:09 AM by hazed- »

Offline SELECTOR

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.com
just wondering......
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2003, 08:29:03 AM »
fun bit when you aposing sudos meet:D

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
just wondering......
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2003, 09:03:56 AM »
Cos you're weird, Hazed.

And i just assumed that the full glass is full of happiness, but the empty one is full of sadness