Author Topic: regional airlines hiring like mad  (Read 624 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
regional airlines hiring like mad
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2000, 04:45:00 PM »

Originally posted by Daff:
I still dont get it   Why waste all that time and money to fly an airliner?...I mean..it doesnt do anything! Sorry..I just dont get it.
Daff

It does one thing extremely well.

It provides the money to buy your own Sukoi, Extra, T-6, or even P-51.  

...and my most boring day flying straight and level at 35k was better than my best day working in an office 9-5!

Then there are the days you get to bust a 300 foot ceiling at O'Hare on the ILS with light/moderate turbulence and a gusty crosswind right at airplane limits (and beyond the autopilot limits) and just roll it on. I love it when the pax kneel and kiss your ring as they exit!  

Beyond that, the airline lifestyle is attractive to some. The flexibility in scheduling and vacations can be a major benefit.

There are the downsides of course, but I'd still rather be flying anything with a motor and wings than a desk!

To each his own.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline CJ

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/typhoonc77
regional airlines hiring like mad
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2000, 06:26:00 PM »
I'm at around 450 tt with a commercial and ifr ticket, but i still need my multi and some time, so it looks like a year or two of instruction after i graduate.  Hopefully this boom keeps up for a little while longer.  8 months to my degree, and another year or so after that for my experience.  It's a good time, but the timing is still everything.

CJ