Author Topic: Boring  (Read 215 times)

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Boring
« on: November 27, 2001, 12:49:00 PM »
Online today, stuck in Mindanao again.
No change or chance of a reset apparent.

Boring.  Ground vehicles? Cant use em.

Whining again Dago? Yup.

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Chaos68

• Silver Member
      • http://www.amishrakefight.org/gfy/
Boring
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2001, 01:01:00 PM »
if its boring then get a enemy at your 6 and play ring around a mountain.

Very funny how some people will follow u 4-5 times around before leaving.  :)

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Boring
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2001, 01:44:00 PM »
heh heh
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
Boring
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2001, 04:37:00 PM »
Originally posted by Chaos68:
Very funny how some people will follow u 4-5 times around before leaving.   :)

or augering  :)

Offline Aiswulf

• Copper Member
      • http://mdiplo.tripod.com
Boring
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2001, 05:36:00 PM »
I must say that I rather like this mountainous terrain.
I got one of my most interesting kills flying close to the tops of the peaks.

Was headed back to base with a 109 about 5k behind me.  I was low fuel and ammo and was skimming the mountain tops.
The bogie was slowly catching up to me as I came up on a rather high peak so Ithought I'd dodge around it and come out the other side to try and catch the nme by surprise.
Unfortunately he had a clear view of me turning my wings to fly behind the peak so I changed my approach by flipping around to come out exactly where I went in.
When I cleared the peak I came out just below and to the right of the bogie who apparently couldn't see me now and I gave him everything I had.  Must have damaged his flight surfaces as the 109 could only make very shallow turns.  Needless to say I stayed on him like pimple on my rear and got the kill.
At which point my fuel promptly ran out  :)
My base was just on the other side of the mountain I was next to and I had just enough alt to try and glide through the pass.  Just made it into the pass and realized I wasn't going to make it toally through so put my gear down and tried to land ("tried" being the key word here  :D)  Needless to say it was a bouncy end to a rather interesting flight  :D

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
Boring
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2001, 05:40:00 PM »
i will agree with you aces high is bronig lately

yet i cannot fathom how people can be entertained by the GVs in this game. they are sooo low fidelity and gamey i dont see how you can get any type of immersion driving in them. if GVs were my thing i would play ww2ol or panzer elite, both of which have much much better representations of ww2 ground vehicle combat. terrain cover, more accurate damage models, teh works.

my reason for boredom is the map is too crowded and there are 10 bad guys everywhere you go.. no chance for small personal fights

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Boring
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2001, 05:56:00 PM »
GV stuff is for me a nice change of pace, and it is truely hilarious when you hit a plane with the pnzr cannon.   :)

I also enjoy the mountainous terrain alot, just would like to have some flat land around each base that a gv could spawn to for armor attacks.  Have the mountains and cannons in some areas, flatlands in others.

Either way, a differant terrain would be a nice change of pace.

dago

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
Boring
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2001, 11:09:00 PM »
I would like to see Mindanao witht he Squid lake removed, and the altitude scaled back to 1/8 of its current height. That would make GV's available and make the map a little more accurate.

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
Boring
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2001, 02:43:00 AM »
I find myself groaning every day I log on and see Mindanao...again :/

Been flying here for damn near 1 1/2 years and it's the first time this has happened to me.

Methinks it's time for a terrain change.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
Boring
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2001, 09:15:00 AM »
I like the free beer.    :)
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Boring
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2001, 10:17:00 AM »
Oh please Popeye, everyone knows you only drink white wine spritzers!   :)