Author Topic: Friday Biz.. Rant  (Read 211 times)

Offline nuchpatrick

• Silver Member
      • http://www.361stvfg.com
Friday Biz.. Rant
« on: August 08, 2003, 11:47:43 AM »
So I have this customer of mine call me. He's a real pain the Arse one.. we all have those types.  So he calls me to tell me his customer can get my product from GA. For 5% over my this guy's cost. He's marked it up 10% which is fair in this industry.

So he ask me if theres anything better that I can do.  I told him I have him at 50/10/5% off of list and I'm not charging him freight for the equipment.  He has to pick it up.

Customer> But he's getting it for 50/10.  I'm going to lose the sale to this customer when he buys the equipment in GA.

Me> Okay you've marked it up 10% (I'm thinking, know this Arse mark's his stuff up to 25%.) So cut the 5% and sell it stop whinning to me about it.  I can't do anything about the unit coming from out of state if your customer has stores in GA and can buy it cheaper.

Customer>  But your supose to help me..

Me> Look "Jack".  You call me and get the best price (Which I gave him) You always call me back 5min's later to tell me someone else has it cheaper. So you know what.. stick in your ear and buy one of my compeditors unit's.

Customer> Yeah, whatever I know you can go lower.  

Me>(I'm only making less then 5% on this unit) Okay I gave you 50/10/5 off of list price and no freight. I'm not making anything but to cover my time talking to you.

Customer> Well..    (He hangs up)

This guy never say's thank you and always hangs up and never even says bye or good day. He always hit's me up for a decent price.  I treat him fair but in return he sell's about 5 unit's (Ice Makers) a year.  Anyone have customers like this or am I bless with a arse hole from hell.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
Friday Biz.. Rant
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2003, 12:20:33 PM »
you need a product with bigger margins, ever think about selling jewelry?

i had a product that cost me $35 , i taged it at $150 , then i let the customer beat me down to $99, we both felt good.

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Friday Biz.. Rant
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2003, 12:41:39 PM »
I'll bet he wasn't giving you the full story, like the concessions the consumer was giving up to get it from Georgia.  He may get it cheaper, but what perks is he losing?  

By the way, we never made it to that gourmet McD's.  We ended up having dinner at an Olive Garden near the hotel, then having free breakfast in the luxury box during the Buc's training camp, then left Orlando because the weather was so crappy.  But we'll be back to Orlando eventually.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Friday Biz.. Rant
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2003, 01:20:40 PM »
Too many %'s and too many #'s.  Welcome to free enterprise.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline nuchpatrick

• Silver Member
      • http://www.361stvfg.com
Friday Biz.. Rant
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2003, 02:11:49 PM »
Thats a drag Go.  

Hopefully Buck's will go all the way this year. That would be cool thats for sure!!