Author Topic: Question for Pyro regarding Fuel Weight and plane remodeling...  (Read 230 times)

Offline 2Hawks

• Nickel Member
      • http://daniel.clanbaker.com
Pryo,

My question is about AC weight in regards to percentage of fuel load, in both AH1 and AH2.

Are the fuel weights calculated for that specific AC or is it a generic weight for all AC? Like 1000 Lbs for 100% for all AC or is it 1000 Lbs for the Pony @ 100% Fuel and 800Lbs for the Bf109 @ 100% -- I know those can't be anywhere close to accurate amounts for fuel, just an example.

Also, are the fuel weight dynamics being remodeled or just the Aerodymics or both?

A Curious Mind wants to know.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2003, 12:55:52 AM by 2Hawks »

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
Question for Pyro regarding Fuel Weight and plane remodeling...
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2003, 07:16:59 AM »
its already modelled acurately in AH. it is modelled per pound or per gallon and each plane caries a different amount of fuel which has a average weight of 6lbs per gallon

since aviation gassoline wieghs about 6lbs per gallon and all planes but the me262 and me163 carry the same type of fuel so AH dosnt have much difficulty acounting for total pounds of fuel carried by a plane. what AH also takes into acount is the position of the fuel tanks and the amount of pounds of fuel in each tank and its position relative to the center of gravity of the aircraft.

its quite a system already in place  in AH1 and very detailed.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2003, 07:25:44 AM by Citabria »
Fester was my in game name until September 2013