Author Topic: Difficulty registering..  (Read 441 times)

Offline Esme

• Copper Member
Difficulty registering..
« on: July 22, 2003, 07:24:30 AM »
Hi!

I went to register for Operation Iceberg, and have fallen foul of the registration system (well,my bad memory, actually! :-}). Whilst it says to look in your setting folder if you can't recall your password, durned if I can find any settings relating to my userid and password in there... what file name should I be looking for, please?

Esme (feeling particularly technologically challenged, today...)

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
Difficulty registering..
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2003, 09:35:05 AM »
Esme!  Is that you?  

If so, from your old XO.  

Elvene aka -Ghost aka Ghastly.
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline jordi

• Platinum Member
      • noseart
Re: Difficulty registering..
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2003, 10:19:12 AM »
Originally posted by Esme
Hi!

I went to register for Operation Iceberg, and have fallen foul of the registration system (well,my bad memory, actually! :-}). Whilst it says to look in your setting folder if you can't recall your password, durned if I can find any settings relating to my userid and password in there... what file name should I be looking for, please?

Esme (feeling particularly technologically challenged, today...)

If you aren't sure what they are, check the login.cfg file in your ../HTC/Aces High/settings folder.

Just do a SEARCH or FIND on your PC for login.cfg - it has your password STORED in that file.
AW - AH Pilot 199? - 200?
Pulled out of Mothballs for DGS Allied Bomber Group Leader :)

Nose art

Offline Aub

• Nickel Member
Difficulty registering..
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2003, 09:34:26 PM »
And open the file with notepad

Offline Esme

• Copper Member
Difficulty registering..
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2003, 04:33:26 AM »
Originally posted by Ghastly
Esme!  Is that you?  

If so, from your old XO.  

Elvene aka -Ghost aka Ghastly.

^ and he modestly misses off also one of the best XOs a unit could ever hope for!

Yes it's me, and you're still listed as on extended leave from the unit.. special mission, secret stuff spying on t'other side, kind of thing...  

Good to hear from you again, Elvene.  Any time you want to joyride with us in KG2, feel free! The original Gruppe is still active in WB, and we've a second Gruppe struggling along here... :-)

Esme

Offline Esme

• Copper Member
Re: Re: Difficulty registering..
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2003, 03:02:56 AM »
Originally posted by jordi
If you aren't sure what they are, check the login.cfg file in your ../HTC/Aces High/settings folder.

Just do a SEARCH or FIND on your PC for login.cfg - it has your password STORED in that file.

Many thanks, Jordi (and Aub), much appreciated. there are so many files in there I couldn't spot an obvious one at first, and didn't at first know the name of the one to look for anyway...  :-}

I've found the info now, many thanks for your help, guys! :-)

Esme