Author Topic: Gv Bs  (Read 292 times)

Offline mijoieau

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
Gv Bs
« on: August 13, 2003, 07:12:45 AM »
hi and all
Just so u know i recorded a whine my own.
I dont post much but heres a whine for u all
the damage model if there is one ,or is it just a random binery gamble.
Just tonight i upped a tiger to defend a bases town from 1 single panzer,with artlaws in it artlaw ,and i loaded up AP shot about 3 into the panzer fron about 2.2k out but nothing art didnt worrie about what sould have been death and keeped killing the town.Sure he was dead at anyminute.
But as i moved in to about 1.1 k he shot a few smoke rounds at me ,seeming to me like he knew that it be hopless trying to kill my tiger .
I pulled up at 800 clear of smoke and stared on his panzer again with AP shot the lot with about 5 more sloid hits and nothing .
then i started to throw all my HE at him from .8k out after a few more hits one track gave .he was now firing back and hit me 1 solid with i dont know what sort of shell ,i gave him lots hits and most bounced off him .then he hit me again and i blow up .after a WHAT BS GVS ARE on ch1 he also wondered what was going on assuring me that he didnt think he would have or should have lived past the first few hits , art i cant say it was fun but artlaw is alway a challange what ever hes in.

So in short GVS are BS why pay perkies for a weak as piss tiger ,or maybe its all how the Gvs damage model works but i dont bother with gvs much just for that reason ,And again its been comfermed again ,i just feel for the poor sods that enjoy GVS.
I really hope simple bugs get ironed out in ACES2 ,instead of just more planes etc ,there are some bugs that havent been fixed for years ,i am no programer but i hope theres a good one working on GVS damage models in ACES2.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Gv Bs
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2003, 10:47:30 AM »
I give it about a 4.5 for the situation and whine. I give it a 8.9 for the moderate way in which it was written. ;)
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline AKWeav

• Nickel Member
Gv Bs
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2003, 05:01:22 PM »
Short of an M-3 to capture, or an Osty to defend against air attack, I stay the hell out of ground vehicles. It has become just to frustrating to hammer away at a panzer at close range with a Tiger, just to blow up the first time he hits me.

Might try them again after AH2.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
Gv Bs
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2003, 05:19:16 PM »
well how about this, i went up against a tiger with my PNZIV at close range, i put 4 AP rounds in him and all i did was get his attention, he turned his gun and killed me with one shot. so explane that.

have you ever noticed that people whine when they get killed , not when they do the killing?.........."i shot down 3 fighters with one burst from my 303's , thats just not right, it needs to be fixed"
« Last Edit: August 13, 2003, 05:23:57 PM by john9001 »

Offline AKWeav

• Nickel Member
Gv Bs
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2003, 07:38:29 PM »
Quote:well how about this, i went up against a tiger with my PNZIV at close range, i put 4 AP rounds in him and all i did was get his attention, he turned his gun and killed me with one shot. so explane that.

Well, thats as it should be. Otoh, hitting a panzer with 5 close range shots from a tiger only to get his attention, and having him kill you with one shot can cause someone to say: wtf?

Those that have been around awhile know that the gv damage model is not right. I don't know how long the original poster has been with us, or wheather or not he's just getting around to trying gvs.

In any event, many folks come here to vent their frustrations. It's better than taking it out on the wife and kids. :D

So stop whinning about his whinning.;)

Offline mijoieau

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
Gv Bs
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2003, 06:04:12 AM »
Akweav ive been around a while say about 3-4 years and gvs are BS they seem to get worse ,Ill add a whine to this i had a ostie in a hanger and an F6F was over me he blasted me with no more than 3 pings and killed my turrent every time ,he did this over 10 times with no more that 5 bullets ,thats MORE BS .
And john900 ,a tiger is perked for a reason i panzer sould die the first shot if not second. :[ marerick thanks i like high scores for my whines :] But Ill work hard to make my whines sound more nasial :[
but over all aces is good fun and the palyers goodies or bad are overall a great pack of sheep lovers.

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
Gv Bs
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2003, 10:37:42 AM »
I agree,

No doubt the GV model is porked.  I don't take tigers any more.  pissses me off too much.

Only thing I have noticed is dont hit them in the same place twice.  But that is crap too.

I hope they get this fixed in AHII as well.  Your frustration is shared by the whole community.  

There are definately lemons in the lot when it comes to GVs.

Mars01