Author Topic: Messed up situation  (Read 321 times)

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
Messed up situation
« on: August 13, 2003, 07:22:25 PM »
this link

It's sounds like L.A. South Central where I work. Mostly african americans, whatever you say, whatever you do, it's always a pretext for a fistfight, then a gunfight if you "win".

The issue is not the guy shooting, I think it's bigger than this. 3000 angry people? Did they had guns too? Is USA seen as an occupation force? Is the average American soldier not able to adapt to the locals way of thinking? I'm not following the situation much, so I'm asking you guys.

As far as shooting, in the military we had to wait for extraction, about 20 CAs on a beach, with a crowd of 200 who gathered around us and started to shoot in the air... gets your heart pumping and makes you really trigger hitchy. I'm sure others in this board experienced this.
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Messed up situation
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2003, 07:52:27 PM »
Hey Frenchy,..you get my email?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Messed up situation
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2003, 08:11:12 PM »
have you noticed that the media is showing less and less on the war. we have troops dieing everyday (4 in the past 2) and everytime i flick through fox news cnn or msnbc all they talk about is kobe or lacy peterson. And ive seen absolutely nothing on these riots taking place.

btw the british are issued rubber bullets

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Messed up situation
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2003, 08:16:09 PM »
Is the average American soldier not able to adapt to the locals way of thinking?

Yeah, they adapted, they learned when shot at, shoot back, and shoot to win.

Have yet to hear though of American troops using a crowd to cower in while firing, I guess they haven't mastered the art of using women and children as shields.  It is really a crime against humanity that cowards would do that, knowing it will cause a deadly response.

I cannot explain why there may have been an attempt to take down an "Islamic" banner, but often these "news" reports leave out some information that might help clear up confusion.  Maybe it was a pro-saddam banner, maybe it urged Jihad, something along those lines.  I don't know.  I am leaning towards giving the troops the benefit of the doubt that they had somebody tell then what it said and then decided it was inappropriate and needed to be removed.

Of course, there will be journalists who wouldn't consider for a minute extending the benefit of a doubt, but those people have probably never been actually in a firefight or had a rocket shot at them, nor had to treat horrible wounds of close friends and comrades.

So, lets wait, let more details come out before we jump to judgement.

Dago
« Last Edit: August 13, 2003, 10:49:50 PM by Dago »
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Messed up situation
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2003, 10:55:49 PM »
By the way, this quote was freaking hilarious, must be a relative of Baghdad Bob, the former Information Minister:

"We're peaceful people, but one edict (from the imams) and the entire American Army will become our prisoner," said Hassan Azab, a    member of the local district council.  
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"