Author Topic: Sick and tired of the "gameplay" in the MA.  (Read 1320 times)

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
Sick and tired of the "gameplay" in the MA.
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2003, 11:10:34 AM »
Originally posted by KBall
I'm still waiting for Alec Baldwin to leave the country.

Heheheheh....me too.

Offline SELECTOR

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.com
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2003, 11:11:22 AM »
fuel is a pain in the arse....when its down set it to 50% min or zero..not 25% its not worth it..

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2003, 11:13:15 AM »
Originally posted by Siaf__csf

Urchin you're not the first or last to quit AH because 'stupidity condensates in large groups.'

Anyone else see the irony here?  :D

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2003, 11:13:34 AM »
Seriously,though, Urchin...don't leave. We need all the experienced players we can hang onto. If all the ol' timers leave, well then...that'd just suck! (how's that for eloquence?)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2003, 02:02:35 PM »
Originally posted by Tumor
Urchin!

Shaddap and fly like a complete dweeborama for a week or two... does wonder's for the soul!

Best advice I've seen here in months....I strapped on the plane I hate most and am reveling in dweebishness. HO anything inside 1.6 ...chop throttle and face shoot em again on the reverse...do the floating leaf deal down to 30 ft and then blow ballest and rise like a helium balloon....almost fun again:)

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Re: Sick and tired of the "gameplay" in the MA.
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2003, 03:16:37 PM »
Originally posted by Urchin
Second night in a row fuel has been porked at every single rook field when I've logged on.  Third if you count the reset two days ago when we only had 3 fields left.  One more week, then I'm done for good.

I'm shocked that somebody got sick and tired of a game after playing it for three years.  Clearly there is something wrong with the game.

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2003, 03:52:08 PM »
Like last night a great furball going on between a2 and a44. 20 people there having a blast. 2 fargin dweebs in f6s kept coming over and porking the fuel down to 25% at a2. Just your typical face plant pork your fuel dweebs. I can see them now. A couple pimple face teeny boppers giving each orther high fives over the radio about how kewl they are. They just ruined to fun of 20 other people because they can. Oh sure we could have climbed to 20k and waited to kill them but then whats the point of a in the weeds down in dirty furball if you have to climb to 20k. If you have to be a face plant dweeb pork the ammo pork the barracks kill the hangers. Leave the fuel alone. A hanger comes back in 15mins ammo and barracks mean nothing to furballers. But will stop the steam roller base takers. Which is the only logical reason to pork fuel. Fuel takes forever to comeback.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2003, 04:00:08 PM by icemaw »
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2003, 03:57:20 PM »
I think the suicider is hurting everyone. Suicide fuel porker is only one breed of arena wanktard. What I find even more intolerable is the 500 foot LANC formation dive bombing CV killer dweeb.

Given that complaints are coming in from all sides, surely HTC will be compelled to act.

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2003, 04:42:21 PM »
I think its pretty simple......change countrys.

I do all the time.

I can always seem to find a good fight somewhere.

If not, I head to the DA......alot of times thats more fun anyway.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2003, 08:00:32 PM »
Some nights ago I saw three B-26 formations and 1 Lancaster formation coming in about 2~3k alt into our CV for a suicidal run.

Normally I advocate "the CV can be kept alive if the defenses are competent enough".. but that night, we  basically did out best and failed - moved the CV away from field, upped high alt defenses, do the 'fighting retreat' scheme we had in mind.. but the numbers of the enemys in the sky were simply overhwhelming, and none of our fighters were in a position to dwell outside reasonable CV defenses and to expect to survive.

It was then we discovered the first Lanc formation, managed to shoot it down. Then, to our dismay, three B-26 formation of 9 planes, just headed straight towards the CV and killed themselves. They took our CV with them.

Ahhh that's the difference of people fighting but trying to survive it, and people fighting with an intent to kill themselves as long as the job is done. I changed my mind that night.

It was quite a liberating experience. I gave up all hope against actually trying to fight something which cannot be fought against, since that night.

The dweeb will inherit AH.

Offline Grizzly

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2003, 11:02:29 AM »
Originally posted by Kweassa

Ahhh that's the difference of people fighting but trying to survive it, and people fighting with an intent to kill themselves as long as the job is done. I changed my mind that night.

It's a product of our game objective, land grab. Ordinarily in a game like ours players would try to win a fight. Dweebery would still go on but not be an accepted tactic. The land grab reward changes that to "capture territory by any means possible", such as suicide attacks.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2003, 11:08:23 AM »
So, Grizz.. you're kinda saying it's the "winning the war" mindset versus "the fight's the thing"?

:D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2003, 11:42:41 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
So, Grizz.. you're kinda saying it's the "winning the war" mindset versus "the fight's the thing"?

Mr. Toad, you're still seeing the whole issue in black and white. For you it's either the "fight" or the "war".  But there are shades of grey in between. Indeed, it's not even a monochrome issue.

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2003, 01:02:31 PM »
never had luck suciding. i just climb 4k calibrate and drop.:D  works everytime
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Grizzly

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2003, 01:47:43 PM »
Originally posted by Toad

Not quite. I would prefer it to be winning the war by fighting. If you like something else, that's fine by me.

What a war consists of and when it is won can be determined by the players rather than the host. The host can be a place to play rather than the game, and many games can be concurrently played in this place. (This may sound idealistic but it got us through many battles for fifteen years in AW.)

The way it is now, the central objective is to take over the arena. The way this is accomplished is secondary. There are other possible objectives, like bombing a target, winning a dogfight, or capturing a base. But the land grab initiative looms over all of these and by design disrupts all others when it nears achievement.

Hey, I don't expect you to agree. It's only my opinion. Which is, just like my game preference, as good as yours.

That's my point... YMMV.