Author Topic: so brady  (Read 1582 times)

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
so brady
« on: August 25, 2003, 08:55:33 PM »
I have not been playing much but I do have a question.  Why not toss the heavy bombers in this scenario?  We all wrote quite a bit about this last time, and I thought a little consensus was reached,  that being the bombers were not hugely unbalancing but they did not need to be there.  Also your mention of "moving the line"  leads me to believe these bombers were having little 'ground' effect anyway.  Could you tell me why you did include them?

I dont really care if they stay or not (its only a week) but just curious about your logic for putting them in.  Particularly since medium japanese and allied bombers were so useless at this point in the war.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
so brady
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2003, 09:23:29 PM »
Is there a Jap fleet that spawns near Allied HQ?

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
so brady
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2003, 10:34:57 PM »
ergRTC how is it the bomber are bothering you?

I mean why bother with umm at all? If I see a boston and I am in an a6m2 and just let it go. Its not like you have to chase it or its not like its going to do anything important.

Same with the ki-67. Unlees its otd doing a torp run fek it. It bomb load is almost useless.

I would not have umm in if what my set up. But I cant see them as a problem. They onlu bug you if bother bugging them.

What am I missing?

I am serious btw not just bustin ur chops.

fyi for just the peggy whiners

as you can sse the boston is much faster below 15k and carries a heavier load and on top of that has forward firing 303s. Flown as a single attck aircraft its a match for anything japanese.

But the allies dont whine :p

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
so brady
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2003, 11:11:45 PM »
I think I explained myself prety good the last dozen or so times I have or the CT staff has used the Peggy/Boston combo in a Pac set up, if you nead it reexplained I can dig it up and repost it.

Slash the Japanese Carier always respawns near the Allied HQ, it is a long standing map bug, most of thime I move it away but on ocashion I miss it.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
so brady
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2003, 12:50:16 AM »
Same with the ki-67. Unlees its otd doing a torp run fek it. It bomb load is almost useless.   A formation of Ki-67's sank 2 cruisers in one pass tonight while we were trying to take A10. Not exactly what I would call "useless"

Thanks Brady. FYI,  milk runners are making good use of its position.

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
so brady
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2003, 01:38:40 AM »
if some one was in 5 ich he wouldnt have made it.

To drop a torp you need to be under 200mph. At the speed and with 50 cals they are an easy kill. The question why did ya just watch him sink the cruisers? Just because that ki67 driver got lucky doesnt mean that every time a peggy ups cruisers or ships die.

But feel free to whine about it.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
so brady
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2003, 01:50:16 AM »
To drop a torp you need to be under 200mph. At the speed and with 50 cals they are an easy kill. The question why did ya just watch him sink the cruisers?       He dropped bombs not torpedoes. And since you are so concerned I got 10 of his buddies before that.  And it wasnt a whine just making a point.  But thats pointless with you.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2003, 02:06:34 AM by Slash27 »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
so brady
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2003, 06:59:44 AM »
hurry up Friday!

the problem I saw last night with the jap bombers was 80% of the japs were flying them and not ftrs

thanks for moving the bases closer together, now just get rid of the uber bmber rides and this would be a kick arse setup - even though the 109 is missin :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
so brady
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2003, 07:12:55 AM »
Some one give him a 109,  sheesh  :D

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
so brady
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2003, 07:20:41 AM »
ki-67 + p-40 = 109... almost :)
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
so brady
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2003, 08:51:38 AM »
Very  worthless reply brady.  Thank you.

They dont bother me, but the advantage I think we discussed about tossing them last time was the increased use of kates, vals and sbds.  That is why I want to know what you believe they add to the setup if base capture is not it.

As for the allied whine crap, read my post and my posts from the last time we discussed this.  I dont want the boston in their either.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
so brady
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2003, 10:59:55 AM »
Slash I will check the HQ settings and make shure it cant be porked to effect allied radar.

They creat a balance that would not exist by the sole use of Kat's/Vals vs SBD's/TBM's, since the later are in no way balanced.

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
so brady
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2003, 11:01:54 AM »
thank you.

I would just toss the tbm too then, but i guess they were an important part of this battle.

Offline najdorf

• Copper Member
so brady
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2003, 12:42:13 PM »
For the life of me I can't figure out why these two bombers continue to be in this setup.  Why not give the axis JU88's and give the allies Lancs.  NO ONE CARES if the bombloads aren't even.  What the players care about are having bombers that can be caught be fiters and engaged.

And, if any bomber is being abused in this setup, its not the Boston, its the Ki67.  When I was on last nite, the skies were full of em and they were porking our fuel which went down to 25% for a while.  There is nothing you can do to stop it accept hope the guy bombing can't hit anythin.

I have not seen 1 post on this board supporting their inclusion.  The closest you get is, I wouldn't put em in but I'm not complaining.

Well, A lot of people are complaining and justifiably so.  There were more axis in bombers than fiters and it screws the whole situation.  Please take them out and just see how it goes.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
so brady
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2003, 01:01:33 PM »
brady would never make it in customer service :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals